Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• keep moving forward...

gay cartoon characters(a topic up for debate)

there have been many lawsuites made by a number of religious organizations that protest that many cartoon characters are gay... personally i think... who the ****cares if they are gay or not... its not like they are posessing the children of our generation but what do you guys think?

• Original Mice-Chatter

No offense but this has been done to DEATH-

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=1870

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I think these people are all nuts! Cartoons are like asexual- they are not sexual beings at all. Anyone who looks at them that way is REALLY looking for it and could find it anywhere! This topic bugs me.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• keep moving forward...

sorry

• Original Mice-Chatter

It's ok- I had to dig 4 pages to find the old thread-

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Actually, I think the other thread is pretty different. That one is a joke about the possibility of Disney characters being gay- not at all serious. I though this thread might be interesting since there are real controversies out there about "gay" cartoon chracters that are serious and I would enjoy hearing people's opinions on it since I can't understand where those other people are coming from.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Minion

I agree that this thread is different enough to warrant a little discussion. Reminds me of that uproar a few years ago over Teletubbies. Wasn't it Falwell or one of those other fundamentalist nuts who started the fuss about Tiny Winky?

• keep moving forward...

there just cartoon characters... (im not trying to sound rude or anything but anyone who thinks these characters are gay are just looking for trouble)
    and dont get me started on the topic of mickey mouse being evil

• Original Mice-Chatter

you guys do what you have to do- but gay cartoon characters WAS done to death in that thread- leaving, IMO, little room to do it on a serious note. There is nothing serious about it- it's stupid.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I agree that this thread is different enough to warrant a little discussion. Reminds me of that uproar a few years ago over Teletubbies. Wasn't it Falwell or one of those other fundamentalist nuts who started the fuss about Tiny Winky?
    Yes. That was so ridiculous. How can anyone look at Tinky Winky and think of him being sexual in ANY way??? These people are nuts. I have never heard any argument whatsoever that supports him being gay at all. He "acted" gay? We don't even know it is a "he"! What are those things anyway?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    you guys do what you have to do- but gay cartoon characters WAS done to death in that thread- leaving, IMO, little room to do it on a serious note. There is nothing serious about it- it's stupid.
    I think you already made your opinion on this thread known. There are many others that you are welcome to post in if you don't like this one.

• Minion

Actually, in his first two decades Mickey could be a feisty and bratty little mouse. It was in the '50s that he got a "nice" makeover and was elevated to his ambassador post. I believe somewhere back in the '80s or so Disney actually made an announcement about bringing him back in new adventures with a little more edge to his character.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    I think you already made your opinion on this thread known. There are many others that you are welcome to post in if you don't like this one.
    yeah, that I know- but thanks for sounding utterly snide about it.

wow- and I even started out agreeing with your first post- the whole thing is stupid.....as YOU said, this topic bugs me. I guess I misunderstood your intent.

• keep moving forward...

that little "edge" is thanks to michael eisner
    besides... if they reall wanted to make him evil today he would have the face of.... nah, nevermind

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    yeah, that I know- but thanks for sounding utterly snide about it.

wow- and I even started out agreeing with your first post- the whole thing is stupid.....as YOU said, this topic bugs me. I guess I misunderstood your intent.
    I believe it was you who was being snide. If you see a thread you don't like- don't post in it. I don't know what pleasure you get by telling other people a thread that they might enjoy is stupid. Just stay out of it if you don't want to take part.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast