Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Parents - give your little ones an extra hug tonight

On a sad note one of my nieces friends was in a car accident last weekend. I guess a drunk driver slammed into the car right where the carseat was and her baby was killed, he was only 18 months old. Happened in Camarillo. The a$$hole driver fled but luckily was captured. The funeral is I think tomorrow.

• I am a Pluto lover

Re: Parents - give your little ones an extra hug tonight

How sad! My deepest sympathies to all. That poor baby.

I hope the drunk driver rots in prison. There is NO excuse for drinking and driving.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• For You!

Oh my gosh - I hate to hear that. Yes, I will give my kids an extra hug. The only positive thing out of accidents and tragedies, it does make you appreciate what you have. Give your niece a hug from me.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

That is so horrible! I'm glad they caught the guy, though!!

Everytime I say good-bye to someone I love, I always wonder if it will be the last time. I'm serious. Every single time. I don't ever let them know that, but it goes through my head as I tell them I love them & give a hug and kiss.
    <o>

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh... as a mom that is one of the scariest things someone can hear. I can only imagine the pain the parents are going through right now, esp. since the accident could have been avoided had the drunk driver NOT gotten behind the wheel of the car. My daughter is 24, but I still worry about anything happening to her.

My thoughts and prayers to the family.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Life is Great!

lad they caught the drunken f-ool. im going to go and hug my kids right now, i dont even care if i wake them up!
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Such a shock. A shame when people have no respect for life simpley for a "thrill." Just a shame.

Santa Clara, CA -- 370 miles north of Disneyland

OMG, that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear that. That poor family. I hope they lock this guy away for good so that he can never again get behind the wheel.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

OK I guess it wasnt drunk driving (although it doesnt say so but my niece did so maybe she knows more). Here's the blurb from the Ventura County Star

Child in car crash dies
    By Staff reports
    June 5, 2006

A 19-month-old Camarillo boy died Saturday night from injuries sustained in a car crash earlier in the day, authorities said.

Alex Hurd, the son of Devin and Kelly Hurd of Camarillo, died of blunt force head injuries, Ventura County Senior Deputy Medical Examiner Mike Feiler said Sunday.

The Hurds' minivan collided with a truck driven by David Mark, 42, of Camarillo at Glenbrook Avenue and Las Posas Road in Camarillo about 1:30 p.m. Saturday.

When Camarillo police arrived at the crash site, they found Alex suffering from major head injuries. An ambulance took the child to St. John's Regional Medical Center in Oxnard, where he died at 6:45 p.m., Capt. Ken Cozzens said.

Alex, who was traveling with his parents, was secured properly in his child car seat, Feiler said.

Mark, who allegedly drove away from the scene following the crash, was stopped by deputies a short distance away and arrested on suspicion of felony hit-and-run, authorities said.

• Again! Again! Again!

OMG! That is awful! I'm so sorry for that family and your niece.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    On a sad note one of my nieces friends was in a car accident last weekend. I guess a drunk driver slammed into the car right where the carseat was and her baby was killed, he was only 18 months old. Happened in Camarillo. The a$$hole driver fled but luckily was captured. The funeral is I think tomorrow.
    O-nut...obviously you have my deepest sympathy and prayers. This gives me a chill, because as you may know, my wife Kathleen is an ER nurse at that same hospital and told me the next morning about the child that had died, just before she came "on shift" at 7pm. (She works night shift 7p-7a). You can be sure that everyone there did their best to save him, and everyone there was shaken up even more than usual by his loss. Prayers to you, your niece and family.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Oh, how horrible. My heart goes out to that family, their poor baby and all of their friends.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• most magical vaca ever

Terribly sad My deepest sympathy to the family.

Always tell those you love how much they mean to you every chance you get!
    ~~~~~~

• Circle of Ancients

Wow O-nut ... sorry to hear about that.

That's honestly less than 3 miles from our house. I saw some flowers laid out there the other day but wasn't 100% sure what they were for. Guess I need to start keeping up with the local news more.

I will go get some flowers today and place them in rememberance.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My heart goes out to your family. What a horrible situation. I will think of your sister and her family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast