Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: What you don't like about birthdays

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess
    I feel ya MandaBella. My birthday is in September too so it reminded me that school was coming when i was young. Also, it was only a few weeks after school started so getting re-aquainted with all my young school chums and then springin a "It's my birthday and although we've only hung out a few weeks, i expect a present" didn't really go over that well...
    Haha!! I totally get that! It was hard to do birthday parties because it's at the beginning of the school year & you don't really know the kids in your class, yet.

Now that I'm older, though, I think I don't like birthdays because I always feel awkward if I want to celebrate. I always want to go out & do something fun, but never do anything because I don't want people to feel obligated to get me a gift.
    <o>

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Whoops! I was Quick Draw McGraw on the reply button!
    <o>

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

The fact that I've had too many of them. Guess it's better than the alternative.
    Another September school birthday here too. I hated that the picture for Sept. on any calendar was always some "Back to School!" BS Bah.
    VF: Your post makes me want to take you out to dinner for your bday. That's so sad
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• most magical vaca ever

I love everything about birthdays
    ~~~~~~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Usually nothing. Birthdays are the best day of the year!!

This year was different, trying to plan a trip and having all of my friends but 3 bail on me... then trying to decide if I should do something else for the friends who legitamitely couldn't go, thus leaving out some people or just not do anything and how to incorporate MC people... It was SO stressful and such a mess, adding to the 30 BLAH.

The day and trip rocked but leading up to it...

Uh anyway, overall, and this goes for Xmas too... what I wnt most of all is money, so I can pay my bills, not more stuff. But people are reluctant to giive money. Or even gift cards. Oh well, when people GIVE YOU PRESENTS you can't really complain!!

Though I do always feel awkward opening them up in front of the person who gave them to me.

/babble
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    Haha!! I totally get that! It was hard to do birthday parties because it's at the beginning of the school year & you don't really know the kids in your class, yet.
    On the other side of the scale, I felt kind of shortchanged because while most of the other kinds in my class got birthday parties, I never did because mine is this month, always after the school year.

BTW I love birthdays.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    On the other side of the scale, I felt kind of shortchanged because while most of the other kinds in my class got birthday parties, I never did because mine is this month, always after the school year.

BTW I love birthdays.

--Barry

In my elementary school, all the Summer birthday kids got a party at the end of the school year for them. It just wasn't an individual party like the rest of us got who were born Septermber-May.

One cool thing I forgot about a September birthday...I usually set the tone with school birthday parties for the year. And my mom was totally awesome!! To this day I still remember the ice cream cone cupcake party she did for me at school...

Another cool thing about birthdays...whether it is yours or someone close to you....it's an excuse to treat yourself or them!! I look forward to my DH's birthday too.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Shablagoo!

Birthday's are nice and all, but I prefer Un-Birthdays. In fact, it just so happens to be my Un-Birthday today. So a happy Un-Birthday to me and everyone else whose Un-Birthday is today.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry

BTW I love birthdays.

--Barry
    same here, never had a party, and had a cake only 2 times in my life. birthdays suck in a way, I get old and get a happy birthday . but this year two very special people sang to me over the phone and sent me flowers. so now birthdays rock!!!!

• Banned User

my daughters birthday is September 1st. she is just starting school and not many kids come to the party, this year we are having it in October and it will be a costume party. she wants it to be a masqurade party. we got so much stuff on sale last year from the after holloween so we are all set. it should be awsome!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

My birthday is three days after Christmas. I wish my parents had planned a little better!!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Senior Minion

I don't like alot about my birthday.

1. It's on the 13th, so people think it's unlucky and that i'm cursed or something.
    2. Relatives calling you on the phone asking the question "so, do you feel any older?" about ten times a day.
    3. It's usually a week before school starts, so my friends have just paid tuition and for books, and have no money to even buy a card with.
    4. The fact that my grandma's birthday is 3 days before mine, and she keeps saying to me "if i don't get anything for my birthday from you, I guess you won't get anything either."
    5. People singing to me
    6. People asking me how many times i've gone out and gotten drunk since turning 21 and then looking at me like i'm crazy when I say that I haven't.
    7. Our cat bringing me his 'present' and leaving it in front of my door, or letting it loose in the house.

From the time I was 11 and even now, I haven't had a birthday party. I would usually have a friend over and we'd go to the movies and go swimming at my house.
    When I turned 16, it was on the road between California and Ohio and we were moving, it was 110 degrees outside, and I was stuck in an all-black inside and out car with my brother that had no air conditioning that was over-heating.

When I turned 21 last year, My mom took me and my grandma to Friday's to get some potato skins and a drink. One brother was in indiana, the other camping in tennessee, my dad didn't care. Normally, my mom says we all have to be home on family birthdays so that we all can go out and celebrate them as a family. The exception seems to be my birthday.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

This is going to sound weird, but I hate when my friends buy me gifts. This is mainly because:

a) I hate thinking that people went out of their way to buy something for me. It makes me feel guilty.

b) My friends think it's funny to buy everyone bad movies (Baywatch Hawaiian Wedding was popular this past year) or cheep toys. Since I'm in college and sharing a room with a roommate, I don't have a lot of room for junk.

Also, I'm a mid-June birthday, which was nice when I was a kid (look forward to summer and my birthday!), but in high school and college, it falls during finals week.

As a funny side-note, we always make fun of my friend who's birthday is October 14th, which is exactly nine months after.....

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I hate it when people ask me about what I don't like about them.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup
    I don't like alot about my birthday.

1. It's on the 13th, so people think it's unlucky and that i'm cursed or something.
    2. Relatives calling you on the phone asking the question "so, do you feel any older?" about ten times a day.
    3. It's usually a week before school starts, so my friends have just paid tuition and for books, and have no money to even buy a card with.
    4. The fact that my grandma's birthday is 3 days before mine, and she keeps saying to me "if i don't get anything for my birthday from you, I guess you won't get anything either."
    5. People singing to me
    6. People asking me how many times i've gone out and gotten drunk since turning 21 and then looking at me like i'm crazy when I say that I haven't.
    7. Our cat bringing me his 'present' and leaving it in front of my door, or letting it loose in the house.

From the time I was 11 and even now, I haven't had a birthday party. I would usually have a friend over and we'd go to the movies and go swimming at my house.
    When I turned 16, it was on the road between California and Ohio and we were moving, it was 110 degrees outside, and I was stuck in an all-black inside and out car with my brother that had no air conditioning that was over-heating.

When I turned 21 last year, My mom took me and my grandma to Friday's to get some potato skins and a drink. One brother was in indiana, the other camping in tennessee, my dad didn't care. Normally, my mom says we all have to be home on family birthdays so that we all can go out and celebrate them as a family. The exception seems to be my birthday.
    This is one of the saddest things I've ever read
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast