Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Memories - the last days of school

Some of the best things to look forward to as a kid were those last days of school before summer vacation. What are your memories?

In grammar school we always had something called "Field Day" the day before the last day of school (Field Day was on a Wednesday, last day on a Thursday). Basically it was a party day where we had games outside like relay races and bike races and things like that, and we could wear whatever we wanted (going to a Catholic school, you always looked forward to free dress day) and we usually had McDonalds or pizza brought in that day.

The last day of school rocked because it always ended at 10:30. We'd get to school, go to mass, go back to the room to get our report cards and be out of there. Loved the last day of school (except for the whole report card part).

High school wasn't nearly as "fun" because you always had finals the last days of school. We'd have 3 days of finals, say on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then Thursday was a mass (again, Catholic school) and that would be it. But it was oh so nice to be DONE let me tell you.

• For You!

Re: Memories - the last days of school

Field Day!!! A friend and I used to totally at the three-legged race!

In high school, the last week of school was usually a party. We never had finals during the last week - once yearbooks came out, class was over.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• keep moving forward...

i am really looking forward to the last day of school, 6 days, i remember a lot of last days, one of my favorites was accumulating pretty much half the year, in 3rd grade my freinds and i had a rock selling buisness(yes...we sold rocks for money...but they were cool ones) and the day before the last day the teacher who already did not like me much found out, we spent the last day of school returning every last quarter to everyone while everyone else was eating pizza...it would have been easy if it were just our grade but we sold to the whole school, it was a truely crazy day but one of the most memorable last days of school, we eventually did it, our parents never found out, i recently told them this year as a joke a full 8 years after it happened.

• keep moving forward...

my school also had a field day in the spring

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Wow! And here I thought my school was the only one that had Field Day, because whenever Ive mentioned it to other people they just look at me like, "Huh?"

Thought of another one. Autographs. Remeber having autograph pages where you'd get your friends (and sometimes even the ones that werent your friends) and teachers to sign sheets of paper wishing you to "Have a nice summer" and "See you next year" and "You are such a sweet guy" and "KIT 555-1212".

• My cuties!

We used to do the autograph books and field day too!

When I was in the 7th grade we had a nasty bus driver named Ms. Hussey. She had the full-on bee hive hair. Anyway, a bunch of us had plans to jump out the emergency exit on the last day of school but it never happened because Mt St Helens blew and school was canceled because of ash.

It was actually the second to the last day of school in eighth grade and we got to spend the day at Disneyland! It was the first time I had ever been to the park with someone besides my family and I had the best day. I do remember that I wore a little one piece shorts outfit and I was very concerned they might be too short and they wouldn't let me into the park. I got in just fine, but yeah, the dress code in 1971 was pretty strict.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Memories - the last days of school

Ahh the last days before Summer vacation!

In Elementary school the last week before school let out was just one big party. Each day had a theme. One day we'd bring in blankets and read all day. Another day was beach day with water activities outside, etc. All this would culminate in the last day of school which would be movies and lots of snacks. We also had Field Day but that was usually a few weeks beforehand because by this time of the year in Georgia the heat would be too unbearable the traditional last week of school. Also a few weeks before the end of school I would go on a bowling field trip with all the other kids in the Secial Education Visually impaired department in the County.

Middle School was similar but a little more structured. In 8th Grade the whole graduating class had a whole day to ourselves at Six Flags over Georgia which was really fun!

High school found us with those dreaded Final Exams. three Half days but oh so exhausting. I was so happy that in my Senior year I was able to skip the final exams in my classes since my grades were high enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Here are my memories of the last days of school. I barely graduated two times in my senior year.

1) My 12th grade Economics final is what determined if I graduated or not. I had to score anything above a D on the final because I was doing bad in that class. Luckily I barely passed with a D all in all and graduated in the arrowhead pond of Aneheim

~~After taking that final, days later I was able to enjoy hanging out at Disneyland unsupervised by myself because that was our senior trip. But before we left for DL, we had our graduation rehearsal. But like usual there was a senior prank pulled. All the chairs that were put on the baseball field that we were going to practice our seating arrangements with had wet flour all over them, We all know what Flour & water does . So then the culprits were called to clean it up.

2) After passing my classes, the second time I almost did not get to walk happened when I was outside of the Arrowhead pond waiting to get in. But I realized that I had to have my ID to get in and I forot that at home. As I told the lady behind the desk that story she was about to turn me down and not let me in. Luckily my Current Events teacher at the time identified me to the woman and I was let in. I will always thank my teacher for that even though he passed away years ago .
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 06-12-2006 at 02:45 PM.

• The Twilight Zone

Instill have 2 more weeks to go double frown

• Minion

We are having eighth grade play day tommorow
    So we get in and out, tons of jumpers, big slides, sumo wrestling
    fun stuff

• The Twilight Zone

why don't we get that actually never mind we get a dance viva las vegas lol

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Just one more day, just one more day....

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Thought of another one. Autographs. Remeber having autograph pages where you'd get your friends (and sometimes even the ones that werent your friends) and teachers to sign sheets of paper wishing you to "Have a nice summer" and "See you next year" and "You are such a sweet guy" and "KIT 555-1212".
    Most people call those yearbooks.

And... we had Field Day at my elementary school too. Wasn't the last week of school though and I never won any ribbons either.

WOW O-Nut!
    What a great threat!

I think my last day of elementry was my favorite although it was very bitter sweet.
    The whole 6th grade class of my school had a party with food in our classrooms and then when school was over for the day, we got to go to our local skating rink for a skate party.
    The bitter part because my parents made the decision to move away and this would be the last summer with my friends...
    We moved to a new county and it was just too far to keep in touch with all my friends.

High school was cool too though.
    After graduation, it was off to Grad Night at Disneyland!
    YAY!!! We had sooo much fun that night!!!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast