• LoisAlene

What Is Your Favorite Disney Parody?

I love the Mouse, but I also love to see it get spoofed as well.

My #2 favorite parody is the Simpsons episode that combines both 101 Dalmatians and Beauty and the Beast (Two Dozen and One Greyhounds, season 6). "See My Vest" has to be the best all time song parody there is.

My #1 is from the old Rockey and Bullwinkle show. From Fractured Fairy Tales, "Sleeping Beauty". The prince races to the princess' rescue. Upon finding her, he plans to awaken her with a kiss. But wait! He realizes that he has a potential goldmine in front of him. The prince instead turns the castle into "Sleeping Beauty Land" and charges admission to gaze upon the slumbering female (he also sells hats, gumballs, and other products as well). What is Really funny is the Prince is a dead (no pun intended) ringer of Walt. This episode aired in 1960 and it skewered Disneyland to a tee.

Those are my faves, What's yours?

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I'm with you on the Simpsons "See My Vest" ep, Momzilla.

• Rawr...

Um... I know its not politically correct, but I laughed my *** off when I saw the "lost" episode of Family Guy, where they spoof "Wish Upon a Star"...
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Banned User

Already been mentiond on this board but...Simpsons, "Duff Gardens" IASW parody is great.

And of course when they did the Itchy & Scratchy show with Steam Boat Itchy That was great.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Light Magic is my favorite disney parody.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Light Magic is my favorite disney parody.
    :confused: Whats that?

• Waiting for the stork

honestly...off the top of my head I'd have to say the theme park sketch for Strongbad...watch it all the way through...I love it (" feel the fury of our gift shop.......")
    procrastibating

• Banned User

just saw the Simpsons where Homer gets cursed by the Gypsy(sp) and he has to catch a Lepracon and while Bart is looking in the trap he pulls out Tinker Bell.

Also the Fairly Odd Parents when Timmy is at the theme park and becomes "GAH" they show "It's a dull world" when the boat goes thru an arch and thats it. LOL

• Huh?

For more vintage, how about the Beanyland episode of Beany and Cecil -- one that almost became Dismal-land through one of the usual villainous plots. "This place wasn't built by a mouse, but for mice!" One of the best attractions came in the smashing together of two rides: The Mad Hatterhorn.

Or the episode of Gilligain's Island where they have a weird trial in a dream sequence that had Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady and Mary Poppins showing up in court.

What about the Scooby Doo movie, with "it's a dead world after all" and the Splatterhorn?

Genie's coming-out-of-the-closet in Drawn Together was near copyright infringement, but still good and funny.

The Sherry Bobbins episode of The Simpsons is a favorite...

As well as -- I believe it was on the Critic -- a remake of Pinocchio starring Robin Williams as the Blue Fairy.

And SNL's TV Funhouse has had some good parodies, especially Disney's Titey and Bambi II.

And for Lion King parodies: Weird Al and his mighty fine jelly bean and pickle sandwich in the opening theme for The Weird Al Show and on the first episode of Sam & Max: Freelance Police, in the "Last week on Sam & Max..." Sam is seen at Pride Rock holding up Sam towards the sky.

And for another premiere episode parody, the Haunted Mansion parody in the Quicker Stop on Clerks: The Animated Series.
    -Tim