Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Smile The All-New Random Acts of Kindness Thread

Been awhile since we had one of these, so figured I'd start a new one for everyone to share some good stuff we've done for others lately.

Last week, on the way to work, I was behind a truck that had one of those "Complaints or Compliments, Please Call (800) xxx-xxxx" I noticed the driver was very courteous to others around him, and drove safely, so I decided to call. It only took a few moments of my time anyway. The operator seemed ecstatic that I was calling in with a compliment, and asked a few questions so they could log the details and inform the driver's manager.

It made me smile and hope that maybe that guy would get some recognition at his company, just for being safe and courteous, and maybe spread that inspiration to his co-workers to follow.

So, what have you done lately for a complete stranger?

• Banned User

Re: The All-New Random Acts of Kindness Thread

This week I donated to charlies lunch.
    every 2 weeks I pick a place to send money to. my way of helping those less fortunate then us. I do try to be kind to some one every day, if its at a store I help those who need help, if its out and about I open doors, and do what I can. If its a kid I see on a corner selling coolaid I give them 1.00 ( will not drink the stuff). I just like to bless those little hearts who are trying to make some money.
    I do more, but I do not want to sound boastful
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 06-21-2006 at 05:35 PM.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I help people in my summer school english class on things that they can't grasp...but i know....does that count?....I have yet to have done anything really worthwhile.....i want to....maybe after I graduate...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III
    I help people in my summer school english class on things that they can't grasp...but i know....does that count?....I have yet to have done anything really worthwhile.....i want to....maybe after I graduate...
    you know what you can do? mow an old persons lawn one day....or a young single moms ! open doors for some one, anything is doing something. and I love the guy behind me. He does random acts for some one every day! Yesterday he weeded my whole back yard ! mowed the back by the alley and cleaned all the weeds. I was floored. in the winter he shovels my side walk, and several other peoples. last week I saw him mow yards while the people were gone. He is a wonderful person, he and his wife!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

At work today there was a huge table that was probably waiting about ten minutes to order, so they were getting a bit impatient, but an old guy walked in. I took the old guy's order first so that he didn't have to wait for the big table's food to get cooked first.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    you know what you can do? mow an old persons lawn one day....or a young single moms ! open doors for some one, anything is doing something. and I love the guy behind me. He does random acts for some one every day! Yesterday he weeded my whole back yard ! mowed the back by the alley and cleaned all the weeds. I was floored. in the winter he shovels my side walk, and several other peoples. last week I saw him mow yards while the people were gone. He is a wonderful person, he and his wife!

Well I am polite...and I remember when I was @wdw....the exit of the swiss family robinson tree house has a swinging gate and I stood by there and held it open....until park security came by and told me to stop because they thought "A roudy teenager they are going to release that gate and hurt somebody." But that did not even cross my mind...I just wanted to be kind....stupid security having stereotypical views of teens...I was there for a good 18 minutes...lol

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I had an obviously drunk man quietly removed from the Nickelodeon area at USH this afternoon, his proximity and overt over-interest in the wet, playing kids seemed more than enough motivation for a service to the public.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 06-21-2006 at 06:09 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
    • debating what to put here

I was standing on line in the grocery store the other day behind a homeless man. He became very upset that he couldn't find his money and left the line and his few groceries behind. I watched him going through all of his pockets and growing more upset so I approached him. I asked if I could buy his groceries for him but unfortunately he grew very irate, accused me of trying to push him and said I was yelling at him. Of course, I hadn't touched him or raised my voice in any way. I decided at that point that it might be a good idea not to push the issue. I wish I could have helped him though.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    I had an obviously drunk man quietly removed from the Nickelodeon area at USH this afternoon, his proximity and overt over-interest in the wet, playing kids seemed more than enough motivation for a serice to the public.

that is just a bit creepy....I was asked by a drunk man @ Irwindale speedway while working one day to take off my shirt...multiple times....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser
    I was standing on line in the grocery store the other day behind a homeless man. He became very upset that he couldn't find his money and left the line and his few groceries behind. I watched him going through all of his pockets and growing more upset so I approached him. I asked if I could buy his groceries for him but unfortunately he grew very irate, accused me of trying to push him and said I was yelling at him. Of course, I hadn't touched him or raised my voice in any way. I decided at that point that it might be a good idea not to push the issue. I wish I could have helped him though.
    Awwww you are a good man motor!! Some times people do not want help but it still is good to ask you did good !

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III
    that is just a bit creepy....I was asked by a drunk man @ Irwindale speedway while working one day to take off my shirt...multiple times....
    ...about 5'3" with very sparse blondish hair? It's those huge bottles of beer they sell at USH doing the talking and wobbly walking!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    ...about 5'3" with very sparse blondish hair? It's those huge bottles of beer they sell at USH doing the talking and wobbly walking!
    actually he looked a lot like

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I hold doors open for ungrateful people that don't say thank you. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!!!!

•   
    • debating what to put here

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    I hold doors open for ungrateful people that don't say thank you. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT!!!!
    Oh, so you are that guy.

A belated thank you, sir.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    holy underwear Olympicnut..... last time you slammed my foot in the door. but thank you any ways

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast