• Original Mice-Chatter

Bizarre link- Possible Interesting Topic of Conversation and Debate

This web site looks like a joke- but they seem to take themselves very seriously. This is PETA on acid.

Flesh Donor

Looks like they are trying to make a point- but it's a sick point.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

That is highly scary. I don't believe that I will ever be going to that site again. Just the thought of someone eating a daed human carcass is very disturbing. I now have to go to the bathroom....
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Original Mice-Chatter

It's far more frightening to me that they may be serious. If so, they are really a scary group of people.

I am all for people doing what they like with their corpse. I loved visiting Bodyworlds last year and have been interested in that exhibit for years, long before it came to the states. Those people chose to donate their bodies to science. I also attended a cadaver class where we worked with a corpse that had been donated- again, for science.

However- some of the info on that site implies that they do not plan to tell consumers what they are eating.

(hidden for the squeamish)

Spoiler

Where Will My Flesh Go? Who Eats It?

Your flesh would go to a grocery store or fast food chain where it would be prepared in a wide variety of forms and sold to individuals who would otherwise be consuming animal flesh. We've received questions from prospective donors asking whether or not they would have control of who gets their flesh. Unfortunately, it would be very difficult to allow donors to choose who actually consumes their flesh, as this would mean donating bodies directly to consumers. This poses a problem, because most individuals and families lack the knowledge, skill, and desire to butcher their own meat. The vast majority of people prefer to alienate themselves from the entire process by which meat is produced. People want to see the flesh they eat only in its final form, neatly packaged and bearing no resemblance to a living being. This being said, the only practical control that donors would be able to exercise would be which participating restaurant, fast food chain, or grocery store would receive their flesh.

• /sigh

Soylent Green is a reality? It's PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really disqusting and quite frightening if it is in fact really true. Do we have a barfing smilie?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Back home :-(

I'm not going to lie, after visiting the site, I felt like vomiting... that is just so sick and wrong! The day the bill passes to allow this is the day I become a vegetarian...

Even though they say it's not a joke, I have to wonder...

• No bacon; sausage.

I don't think that quote indicates not disclosing what kind of meat you're getting. All they're saying is that no one goes and buys a cow, and most people who happily eat burgers wouldn't want to see a slaughter house. You still know you're eating cow, but you're removed from the process. That's all they're talking about. Among other things (assuming this has any basis in reality), there's no way the FDA would allow ANY meat to be sold without identifying its source.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Soylent Green is people.

Quote Originally Posted by MegarooFifi
    I'm not going to lie, after visiting the site, I felt like vomiting... that is just so sick and wrong! The day the bill passes to allow this is the day I become a vegetarian....
    You are the same people that said you'd never pay for bottled water, or Cable tv. Eventually you will get used to the idea of those who cut in front of you at the market, ending up in the Deli case. It's all perception. The new Smorgasmorgue. And there are other advantages.

I for one, see this as a means of controlling the overflow in prisons. Imagine death row becoming the meat locker for the mess hall! Think of the tax savings. What a deterrent. Petersen Royale with cheese! :devil:

This may put a damper on the demand for care packages.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Back home :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    You are the same people that said you'd never pay for bottled water, or Cable tv. Eventually you will get used to the idea of those who cut in front of you at the market, ending up in the Deli case. It's all perception. The new Smorgasmorgue. And there are other advantages.

I for one, see this as a means of controlling the overflow in prisons. Imagine death row becoming the meat locker for the mess hall! Think of the tax savings. What a deterrent. Petersen Royale with cheese! :devil:

This may put a damper on the demand for care packages.
    Actually, I don't get cable tv, so therefore, I don't pay for it. And, I never said I wouldn't buy bottled water

I understand what you're saying, but I honestly think it would be a personal choice. I don't eat some seafood because it grosses me out... so I think it would just be a "I'll pass on the human as well as the catfish thanks!"

• Feel the breeze!

Eatting humans? I am assuming that these people would have died of natural causes first? If so, no thank you.

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Eatting humans? I am assuming that these people would have died of natural causes first? If so, no thank you.
    If so??????????

so if they died of unnatural caused you would?

just a bit confused over here.....

BTW i havent even clicked on the link (just read what has been posted, yes the spoiler tags too) and I think I'm gonna be ill.......

and this is officialy the grossest topic I have ever seen on Micechat.
    procrastibating

• It's all nonsense

This should be moved to the litter box.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    This should be moved to the litter box.
    why?????

It is no different a topic to debate than gay cartoons! We could discuss animal right groups, organ donors, Bodyworlds- no different. There is no contention, no argument- and I think that the topic is clearly marked as the bizarre topic that it is.

Please do not add contention where there is none-

• /sigh

I agree, Neph.

So who here would eat human? (besides, Gwyren )
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Original Mice-Chatter

Yeah- Gwyren....ahem....who cares how they died? I would personally not want to eat another human being.

BTW-there is NO such thing as natural causes. There is murder, suicide, or something going wrong with your body- but it is not natural. We don't wear out- and if some part of us did not get sick and cause us to die, we would not die....not of age.

In the cadaver class we had to figure out what killed her. Turned out to be a brain tumor-

I still can't see throwing her on the grill and serving her with fries. Not to save a cow-