Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

completely new at this....how did everyone get soooo into disney?

Hey everybody!

I've been reading the disneyland pages all the time now since I got home from my 5th disney trip w/ my family. I live in Texas so I don't get to go but every couple years. But, I have a true love for disney everything. It all just kind of started from seeing my mom's old disney stuff and being introduced to the movies that i LOVE so much, esp. beauty and the beast. but, anyways, how did y'all come to love disney so much?

Oh yeah, and, i guess i could tell y'all a little about myself. I've been three times to disneyworld when i was much younger and twice to disneyland, the last time was may 31st-june 5th. i'm in high school, won't reveal age, but and i'm in choir, tennis, and student council(i know, y'all don't care what i'm in) but, anyways, about disney. My favorite disney character is a tie between Minnie and Tinkerbelle. My favorite princess is Belle. My top five favorite rides, in order, are It's A Small World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates(sad because it was closed for refurb when we were there), indiana jones and jungle cruise. I adore small world because, on my second trip to disneyworld, me and my dad were riding small world while my mom and brothers rode space mountain, well, it started thunderstorming, so we were stranded there, and ended up riding small world over and over again for about 30 minutes and i came to love the ride. well, on my recent trip, i realized that when i was younger i never noticed the ceiling tiles in that ride or that there wasn't water all around the dolls. it kinda made me sad to know that i'm growing up.
    Last edited by EarLover; 07-03-2006 at 07:10 PM.
    Just recently got into this,

sorry if i sound dumb,

jenny

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: completely new at this....how did everyone get soooo into disney?

Quote Originally Posted by EarLover
    Hey everybody!

I've been reading the disneyland pages all the time now since I got home from my 5th disney trip w/ my family. I live in Texas so I don't get to go but every couple years. But, I have a true love for disney everything. It all just kind of started from seeing my mom's old disney stuff and being introduced to the movies that i LOVE so much, esp. beauty and the beast. but, anyways, how did y'all come to love disney so much?

It just happened.
    Parent took me when I was young
    And just the spirit of the place took hold me.
    Loved it ever since.
    It's not something you can force, it just come naturally.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• "Always On The Move..."

Well, for me, my parents are at fault for taking me to Disneyland when I was 6 months old on the SECOND day it was opened. LOL...then fueled the fire by taking me to see Sleeping Beauty in the theaters when I was little (don't know how old..but apparently I decided that I really didn't like it and proceeded to scream "Turn Off the Big TV!" at the top of my lungs. Being good theater patrons..they did take me outside..and home LOL)

Then taking me to the parks at least once a year (let's face it.. I was really their excuse to go)..and to every Disney movie made... So... hmmm It's the old Nature vs. Nurture argument..except in my case.. Nature..(bred into it by parents who LOVED Disney); Nurture (being raised in a really Disney loving environment).. so I didn't have a choice!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

I grew up in Orange County. My dad thought it'd be a crime to live so close to DL and not take advantage, so we went all the time. I can't really give an exact reason as to why I love the park-- it's just the thought of being in the very place that Walt Disney was, I guess. Seeing the culmination of someone's dream, etc.

i grew up there and i love it! its like escaping reality for a day or two, or in my case 4-5 days at a time!

I'm a 3rd generation Disney fan. Although, the "pixie dust" is strongest in me than anyone else in my family.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

i completely agree. there's just something about the place that brings you in. it just makes me smile to think about it. but i wish i could go as much as some of y'all. i do have plans that after college, i will go and be a cast member there for one year or one summer before i start my career as a special ed teacher, because when i was a whole lot younger, it was my dream job to work at disneyland.
    Just recently got into this,

sorry if i sound dumb,

jenny

• CM for 4 years!

Ever sine I was little, watching Disney shorts on tv, I dreamed of being a Disney animator. I was in high school when the Animation Department was disassembled. I instead chose to focus on graphic design, some might say a "lazier" artistic choice than the focus and dedication to a single project that animation implies. Now, with word that the Animation Department is returning with 2-D (3-D is jsut too mechanical to me, no human touch), I feel like I'm too late to become a real animation great-- I'm no X.Atencio or Marc Davis or Evyind Earle or T.Hee or anything like that.

Living in Orange County but being poor (ie unable to visit often) made Disneyland and that Disney dream seems even more far off, but somehow accessible too. There was something even about driving past the park and spotting the Matterhorn from the 5 freeway. Every weekend of visitation to my dad's house, I would never miss it.

When I was little I dreamed of being a Disney animator, and Imagineer. I guess I've downgraded now, and I'm happy to be a Cast Member at the Disneyland Resort, but someday...
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I'm not into Disney. It has no hold on me whatsoever. I can quit looking at this board and sell my pins ANY time I want to.

but I don't want to.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Well for me, I have always liked Disneyland and Disney in general

however, my parents had a nasty divorce when I was 10, and I was forced to grow up really quickly after that to be the man of the house my mom and siblings needed me to be.

Whenever things got too crazy, emotional, upsetting, w/e, I turned to all things disney to help me escape into its magical world that Walt created.

whether it was disney music, disney movies, drawing disney characters, or disney trivia, I just immersed myself in the Disney culture and have found it relaxing ever since.

Truth be told, Disneyland is the one place on earth I ever really feel at peace with everything in my life. No matter how bad things were in my life, I was able to leave it all behind once I walked through the tunnels into main street (hence my signature here on MC).

Many people leave things behind by using alcohol and drugs, I chose to temporarily escape things through disney, and especially through Disneyland.

lol that was probably way more info than you were looking for, but you asked for it lol
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It runs in the family. My uncle got hooked when he saw Snow White back in 1937 (yes the year it came out). One of my cousins is a big Disney nut too. My mom is a huge Pluto fan. And then there's me.

• Hooterville, USA

The music has me! I listen to it every day. Take away the music and what have you got? Knotts.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Professional fifth wheel

Quote Originally Posted by EarLover
    ...on my recent trip, i realized that when i was younger i never noticed the ceiling tiles in that ride or that there wasn't water all around the dolls. it kinda made me sad to know that i'm growing up.
    It's funny you should mention that; noticing the water and ceiling tiles in It's a Small World was my first "seeing DL through adult eyes" moment, as well.

Guess I've gotta wait 'til I'm a Dad to start seeing it through children's eyes again!

• Zero Blockout Dates

I was born there to some "mud people" in front of the stage during Hendrix's set

... oh wait

Being born in SoCal I can't rememebr a time I wasn't fascinated by almost all things Disney, especially the park (ironically I'm pretty off and on about their movies and cartoons, stitch - yes, atlantis - no, 8 below - yes, bedknobs and broomsticks - not so much, escape to witch mountain - yes, return from witch mountain - no)

Last edited by Uzmati; 07-03-2006 at 07:42 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Went for the first time back when I was young. It stuck. I admit I am a full on Disneyland addict. I cannot quit, nor do I want to. I would rather go there than almost anywhere else. It always makes me smile, and brings back those feelings I had when I was young....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast