Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Another moment of rememberance please-for Columbine

I live in CO- that day is another burned in our hearts and memories. 6 Years ago today.

So a moment in memory for the victims of Columbine-

• Greetings, Program!

<bows head>
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Another very tragic day in American history.

• șoș Tom șoș

Praying for peace.
    Last edited by ah schucks; 04-20-2005 at 09:40 AM.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Damn I forgot how tragic mid-April is: Columbine, Oklahoma City Bombing, Bay of Pigs and now the Pope.
    Disliking the new Pope is hardly comparable to the murder of the kids and that teacher at Columbine. Kindly take your angst about the Pope OUT of this, please!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Disliking the new Pope is hardly comparable to the murder of the kids and that teacher at Columbine. Kindly take your angst about the Pope OUT of this, please!
    I think he meant the Pope passing away Neph.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I think he meant the Pope passing away Neph.
    Did he? Perhaps....but he said and NOW the Pope- that is a current statement, not a past remorse. Perhaps he would like to elaborate, or use this new excuse, but considering his complaints in the thread about the new Pope, I am not buying it.

Sorry- but no. Feel free to clarify Ah Shucks- because I don't see it.

Come on- are we going to be remembering the death of John Paul every year from here on out in the same way we recall the tragedies like OK City or Columbine? No....we are not. Bay of Pigs? I mean come on- where IS he going with any of that post?
    Last edited by Nephythys; 04-20-2005 at 07:52 AM.

• șoș Tom șoș

Umm I did mean the passing of the Pope- take a deep breath -wow. I just meant to say a lot of sad stuff happened in April and I forgot just how much. Backing away slowly - gee wiz

• Back home :-(

It's another one of those times when you stop and think - where was I when it happened? I remember I had the day off from school and I was watching tv and it quickly changed to a live news feed. I remember sitting there in shock with tears streaming down my face at so many senseless deaths.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Umm I did mean the passing of the Pope- take a deep breath -wow. I just meant to say a lot of sad stuff happened in April and I forgot just how much. Backing away slowly - gee wiz
    yeah- whatever.

I appreciate the clarification- but surely even you can see after your attitude about the Pope yesterday, and the way you chose to phrase that comment- that it certainly can be construed as one more Pope bash.

Today I have no patience for such things, and I am not going to be overly sorry. Stop acting like you are afraid of me.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    You know we can all be so solemn and remorseful but that helps no one With the Republicans in charge, the gun lobby is more powerful than ever. The time has come to demand the reduction and eventially, the outright ban on guns in this nation. Too many people are dying and way too many schools are getting shot up. If adults can't be responsible enough to lock up their weapons and if we are so uncaring about who we sell guns to, we lose the right to have them.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Rawr...

I also live in Colorado, and that was a rather scary time for me as well. Two days after a few kids in my school were taken to the office because they had brought guns to school. One of our family friends was on the SWAT team that helped the boy out of the window, and he also went inside. He said it looked like something from a Terminator movie. Terrible things happened, but as I said before, thankfully there are more good people in this world than there are bad. Pray for peace.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Aside from posts that show no comprehension for our Constitutional Rights- I appreciate everyones thoughts.

• Practically Perfect

I'm a native to Colrado also. I still remember that day. They locked us IN my school and wouldn't let parents come pick us up or anything. We were all very scared and confused because they never told us what was going on. I hope we all learned something from this though, I feel deeply sorry for the families and people involved. I just hope a lesson was learned and this never happens again.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Aside from posts that show no comprehension for our Constitutional Rights- I appreciate everyones thoughts.
    Neph, those rights were drawn up in a different time an no longer have a place in our society. You have to admit that colmbine would not have happened of the kids did not have acces to those weapons. Also, where is the need for assualt rigles Thanbks the republicans for making them legal to sell again.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast