Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Ken Lay Just Died

Maybe I should have made my post clearer. What I meant that if Ken Lay really did do this stuff out of greed, the Lord would have judged him on that. And according to belief that is a grave sin. Now if he did not do it, he obviously would get into heaven. I apologize if I jumped off the bandwagon to early with that post. I apologize for passing judgment off to early.

But as some of the news anchors said yesterday, I think we should respect his family members who are grieving and really loved him.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I wonder what happens to his fortune now? Does the estate still have to pay if there is a fine in sentencing?
    Actually the case against Lay is now closed, as if it didn't exist. Once a defendant dies, that wipes the slate clean.

Now the pensioners who lost hundreds of millions of dollars can always bring a civil suit againts Lay's estate. Unfortunately, since most of his weath was based on now valueless Enron stock, his estate is only around $40mm (I think). Basically if a civil suit is brought against Lay's estate, it will simply be a symbolic gesture, rather than any real retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Maybe I should have made my post clearer. What I meant that if Ken Lay really did do this stuff out of greed, the Lord would have judged him on that. And according to belief that is a grave sin. Now if he did not do it, he obviously would get into heaven. I apologize if I jumped off the bandwagon to early with that post. I apologize for passing judgment off to early.

But as some of the news anchors said yesterday, I think we should respect his family members who are grieving and really loved him.
    It's only natural to editorialize a bit on matters such as this. I think that you've done a fine job, Wrassler. Based on the evidence and Lay's defense, it's easy to draw the conclusion that the man is guilty. Although their crimes are different, he's just as guilty as Scott Peterson is for what he did. Posts such as this offer a way to vent.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-06-2006 at 08:04 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Original Mice-Chatter

No one here is in a position to judge the condition of his soul.

I am not sure what is more arrogant and offensive- those who want to desecrate his grave or those who think they can judge a man's soul and it's eternal destination. What the HELL does anyone here know? It is one thing to discuss the legal ramifications of his death- it is entirely another matter to post the sick things I have seen here. This is not humor- it's disgusting.

Posts like this should not be started in the lounge.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well like I said, I apologize, and that is it. It was wrong of me to judge him myself.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Well like I said, I apologize, and that is it. It was wrong of me to say that his own Lord will judge him, and it was wrong of me to judge him myself.
    I was not singling you out. There have been more comments than yours that are outrageous.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh, well none the less Nephy, I still feel bad for my comment about him going to hell. I said that in the heap of the moment yesterday when I was upset with all the things Enron did.

• e komo mai

What's wrong with being upset? What's wrong with thinking the man went to hell? That's a person's opinion and they are entitled to that. I refuse to think that one can't be angry any more now that he's dead. I say vent if you want to.

I didn't start this thread to vent, I was shocked that he died. But if it turns into a vent thread so be it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys

I am not sure what is more arrogant and offensive- those who want to desecrate his grave or those who think they can judge a man's soul and it's eternal destination. What the HELL does anyone here know? It is one thing to discuss the legal ramifications of his death- it is entirely another matter to post the sick things I have seen here. This is not humor- it's disgusting.

You are correct in bringing this out, Nephthys. Making a judgment as to whether a person is guilty of a crime, and playing God by judging their soul are two different things. The scriptures say, "judge lest not ye be judged", and he "who is without sin, cast the first stone".

Regardless of what evil a person may have done in this life, who are we to say that they are damned to hell? According to my Christian beliefs, all that I can say is that those who spend their lives intentionally hurting others will likely not fare well where blessings and rewards are concerned in the afterlife - in Heaven and the new Earth..
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-06-2006 at 09:04 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Thanks Gemini. You see now that I think about it, I do believe what I said about him going to hell was a little to harsh for my standards. But I am still 100% ticked at all that went on. I think that they people who got screwed need to be re-imbursted as much money as they can get.

People say that he got off to easy, but in this thread I just wanted to remind people that according to his Christian beliefs that is not true. Now he must go before his God to get judged. From there, God will determine his fate.

I 100% apologize for the hell comment, but not anything I said about what happened to Enron.

• Hooterville, USA

When did you become a MC moderator?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Iron-Clad Allie

She has the right to express her opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    When did you become a MC moderator?
    She has the right to express her opinion. I respect her views very much, even when I disagree with them - just as I do yours, Druggus. As for this particular thread, I wholeheartedly agree with her.

• Original Mice-Chatter

...and I am entitled to lose a great deal of respect for anyone who volunteers to shyt on a dead mans grave and thinks they have the moral superiority in thinking they know the destination of the mans soul.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    You are correct in bringing this out, Nephthys. Making a judgment as to whether a person is guilty of a crime, and playing God by judging their soul are two different things. The scriptures say, "judge lest not ye be judged", and he "who is without sin, throw the first stone".

Regardless of what evil a person may have done in this life, who are we to say that they are damned to hell. According to my Christian beliefsAll that I can say is that those who spend their lives intentionally hurting others will likely not fare well where blessings and rewards are concerned in the afterlife - in Heaven and the new Earth..

She has the right to express her opinion. I respect her views very much, even when I disagree with them - just as I do yours, Druggus. As for this particular thread, I wholeheartedly agree with her.
    Thank you.

• Hooterville, USA

...and I am entitled to lose a great deal of respect for anyone who volunteers to shyt on a dead mans grave and thinks they have the moral superiority in thinking they know the destination of the mans soul.
    Right back at you. Now calm down.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast