• Banned User

Silverwood theme park? Any one been here ?

we plan on going in August since we can not make it to Disneyland we thought this park may be fun. any one been there and can you tell me the high lights ?

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: Silverwood theme park? Any one been here ?

I went there years ago. I remember being frightened of the rollercoasters, they were pretty big. It doesn't compare to Disneyland, but it's probably worth a trip.

• Circle of Ancients

I've been wanting to go to Silverwood for a few years, just haven't made it up there yet.

Then again I'm not just a "Disney" park enthusiast, I like all kinds of amusement parks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I've been wanting to go to Silverwood for a few years, just haven't made it up there yet.

Then again I'm not just a "Disney" park enthusiast, I like all kinds of amusement parks.
    I will take some shots of the park for you ok, and the shows and some foods. I will give you my report when we get back ok. we are gooing the 3rd of August

• LoisAlene

Woot!! Silverwood!
    We're going there next weekend. It's been a yearly trip for us -except when we can afford to trek to Disneyland. There are two great woodie coasters, Timber Terror and Tremors. Timber Terror is my favorite, great air time. Tremors is loosely based on the movie of the same name - the first drop shoots you straight underground! There also is the first double helix steel coaster, shipped up from Knott's. They've also added a Maliboomer type ride new this year.
    Most of the other rides are your basic carnival rides but still they manage to be a lot of fun. They do have a pretty good water raft ride - prepare to get soaked.
    The shows were great! We really enjoyed the magic show. It was a nice cool place to eat lunch and be entertained. Be forewarned, the food is rather on the spendy side.
    The other half of the fun is the waterpark. Your ticket gets you into it as well. The last time we were there it was newly opened and packed. The lines for the raft rides were much longer than the lines for the coasters! We played in the wave pool a lot, then dressed and went back to the ride side for the evening. If it's 100° + it makes sense to cool off and rest up for the rest of the night.
    Silverwood is a pretty good theme park all things considered. No, it's not Disney, but they do a darn good job at theming things. I have pictures but I don't really know where they are. (I'm a great picture taker but a lousy picture organizer.)
    Oh man, I really can't wait to get on Timber Terror now!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• love my friends

where is this.. in Montana?? or Idaho?

Friends for life

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    Woot!! Silverwood!
    We're going there next weekend. It's been a yearly trip for us -except when we can afford to trek to Disneyland. There are two great woodie coasters, Timber Terror and Tremors. Timber Terror is my favorite, great air time. Tremors is loosely based on the movie of the same name - the first drop shoots you straight underground! There also is the first double helix steel coaster, shipped up from Knott's. They've also added a Maliboomer type ride new this year.
    Most of the other rides are your basic carnival rides but still they manage to be a lot of fun. They do have a pretty good water raft ride - prepare to get soaked.
    The shows were great! We really enjoyed the magic show. It was a nice cool place to eat lunch and be entertained. Be forewarned, the food is rather on the spendy side.
    The other half of the fun is the waterpark. Your ticket gets you into it as well. The last time we were there it was newly opened and packed. The lines for the raft rides were much longer than the lines for the coasters! We played in the wave pool a lot, then dressed and went back to the ride side for the evening. If it's 100 + it makes sense to cool off and rest up for the rest of the night.
    Silverwood is a pretty good theme park all things considered. No, it's not Disney, but they do a darn good job at theming things. I have pictures but I don't really know where they are. (I'm a great picture taker but a lousy picture organizer.)
    Oh man, I really can't wait to get on Timber Terror now!
    Woooo hooo I can not wait to hear about your trip and see pics!!! please take a bunch and tell me how buisy it is ok. I am now getting excited.
    I can not go to disneyland, way to far and way to much money to take the kids. but we only live about 5 hours away from silverwood so we are anxious to try it looking forward to your trip report

• Banned User

oh and please tell me they have funnel cakes and a good candy store??

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    where is this.. in Montana?? or Idaho?
    Idaho.... Megan and I and the kids are heading there when she gets here.

say, hows that corkscrew momzilla??

• Shablagoo!

Never been there myself, it's near the top of my to do list, but it keeps getting pushed aside for other trips.

• My cuties!

I just saw tickets for there at our Costco today.

• LoisAlene

Here's some shots I took a few years ago.

I'll look and see about the candy and funnel cakes, I don't remember. Check out their web page, www.silverwoodthemepark.com

The Train Ride - relaxing but a bit smelly. Fun little surprise in the middle of the ride!

Rollercoaster Alley - Tremors in the foreground, Timber Terror's first drop in the back

The Corkscrew

View from the top of the Ferris Wheel - Tremors!

Lastly - Garfield, Silverwood's Mascot

I'll try to remember to bring the camera this trip. Last time I left it in the hotel room!

• Banned User

Great pics!!! Oh I can not wait til you go and bring back a report.!! Thank you, I am so excited.Do not forget to take pics of the foods, and the other rides so the food is way more expensive then disneyland? I will have 5 of us, so I want to be sure to cost the food and such in thanks again, will look for your trip report when you get back

• LoisAlene

From what I remember, yeah the food is pretty expensive for being middle of nowhere Idaho! A 20 oz bottle of water was $2.75 two years ago - I'll try to take some pictures of the menus when we go!