Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Angry the venting thread!!

Last night we were once again up until 11:30 because a bunch of kids were lighting off fire crackers, and roockets and M80's. for hours!!!
    I finally called the police to see when the fire works has to stop, I was told they can light them 365 days a year. I was so mad!!! what the heck is this town becoming when a barking dog can be taken away from you if it barks past 10:00 but you can light fire crackers and such all year round!! the dispatcher told me that if its still going on at 2:30 AM to call them.
    I was livid, I called them keystone cops and told them they needed to be paid in pennys!! I am still mad becase these little brats have been doing it for days and days. you can not disturb the peace, by partys or dogs, but fire crackers and rockets and all are ok?? I am calling my city councilmen, and who ever else on Monday, this makes me sick. Tonight I go see the girls and speak to there parents. wish me luck!!

• Former Epcot CM

Re: the venting thread!!

Report back Karla! MiceChat's local Neighbourhood Superhero!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Last night we were once again up until 11:30 because a bunch of kids were lighting off fire crackers, and roockets and M80's. for hours!!!
    I finally called the police to see when the fire works has to stop, I was told they can light them 365 days a year. I was so mad!!! what the heck is this town becoming when a barking dog can be taken away from you if it barks past 10:00 but you can light fire crackers and such all year round!! the dispatcher told me that if its still going on at 2:30 AM to call them.
    I was livid, I called them keystone cops and told them they needed to be paid in pennys!! I am still mad becase these little brats have been doing it for days and days. you can not disturb the peace, by partys or dogs, but fire crackers and rockets and all are ok?? I am calling my city councilmen, and who ever else on Monday, this makes me sick. Tonight I go see the girls and speak to there parents. wish me luck!!
    what happened karla.. Boy this would make me mad as well..... I would see your councilmen... man it has to stop

Friends for life

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I just got done lighting some fire crackers...I still got a bag full of them.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I just got done lighting some fire crackers...I still got a bag full of them.
    figures

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

A very big bag
    What an idiot....

• Minion

# 1: The EXACT same thing happened last night to me...except we didn't call the cops
    # 2: Are you sure the Police dd nothing? I thought M80s were illegal in the US.
    I feel your pain though

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Yeah, I do agree about the M80's. If the police didn't respond to M80's, that's silly. My friend who is a firework nut assures me that M80s these days are hard to come by, so are you sure they were M80s?
    What an idiot....

• Banned User

M80's are very legal here, I would never buy anything but legal and I bought 2 huge packages. ( for the big bang on new years eve along with all my neighbors. I bought them at the fire works stand like everyone else.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Tonight I go see the girls and speak to there parents. wish me luck!!
    Be careful...don't get shot.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    Be careful...don't get shot.
    I was thinking the same thing. MAybe I better pray about it and try to calm down. its very hard though when I have to get up at 6:30 each day and go to work and have some inconsiderate folks keep me from sleeping. ( yeah I work 7 days a week

• Hooterville, USA

Fireworks don't kill people, guns do....................

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

that's one thing I miss. Firecrackers (for personal use) are illegal here. I remeber when I was growing up the Queens Birthday was when we had our "cracker night"

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

True M-80s are not legal in the US. They have been illegal in the U.S. since the year 1966 when the U.S. Congress passed the law called the "Child Protection Act" which specifically made them illegal.
    There are fireworks sold that can use a similar name but contain < 50 mg per firecracker (which defines an M-80.
    Bottle rockets, sky rockets and roman candles are legal by permit only in MT.

If you think they have illegal firecrackers I would contact the police again.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Due to property damages and bodily harm caused by M-80s, Class C fireworks – now known as Consumer Fireworks (class 1.4G), as opposed to Display Fireworks (was Class B, now 1.3G)[2] – are no longer allowed to carry more than 50 milligrams of pyrotechnic flash powder. In 1966, M-80s and cherry bombs were banned by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the Child Protection Act of 1966. Furthermore, they were then made illegal by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF) in the 1970s. In 1976, U.S. federal regulations were passed to limit all consumer-grade fireworks in the United States to a maximum of 50 milligrams flash powder, down from a previous maximum of 200 milligrams (though firecrackers mounted onto a rocket stick, or other aerial firework devices, such as Rockets, Roman Candles, and Cakes, may have up to 160 mg).
    Numerous injuries accompanied their use during the 1950s and 1960s, and still occur, as M-80s are still illegally produced. Despite instructions to only ignite the product on the ground (many M-80s even have the words "do not hold in hand" written on the tube[1]), many users attempt to light an M-80 while holding it, then throw it before detonation. Others attempt to relight at device that went out. M-80s may also contain unstable compositions, which add to the possibility of injury. There have been documented cases of users losing their fingers or hands[3].
    They are illegal in ALL the US.
    What an idiot....

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast