Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Urgent Help Needed- Wedding In Crisis

My dork brother does not have a suit nor a tux for his wedding on July 30th and the guy is broke.

He asked me for money- I don't think I can afford a tux rental.
    I was going to let him use my David's Bridal credit card (that I got when I bought Rose's flower girl dress)- but NONE of the David's in Colorado rent tuxes- NONE.

Does anyone here have either a suit or a tux he could borrow- rent? Whatever?

My brother is about 6'1" or 2"- moderate build- neither heavy nor thin. I can get measurements if needed.

HELP?? Ideas? Anything?

I am open to ideas- since I have never helped with these things before- I will pay shipping whatever- if anyone can assist?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Urgent Help Needed- Wedding In Crisis

Sorry, all I have is a black sport coat with sleeves that are too small for me.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Original Mice-Chatter

LOL- thanks Tui

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    My dork brother does not have a suit nor a tux for his wedding on July 30th and the guy is broke.
    Sounds like the whole thing is off to a fabulous start.
    I'd suggest local dry cleaners or theatre groups (for left/abandoned suits or costumes respectively), churches, etc. Sorry you've been put in this position at all. Best of luck to everyone involved.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

LOL- thanks Tui
    No problem...if you ever need it just PM me.

What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• done

OK, just clarifying - it's his own wedding, and two weeks before the wedding, he hasn't thought about what he's going to wear?

I know he's your brother, but I'm not sure why it's your problem to solve this situation that he's in.

• insufferable know-it-all

What kind of wedding is it? Perhaps there are alternatives to a tux?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Gay Man

Thrift store?

Go naked?

Why is this coming up 2 weks before the wedding?

• there's always my way...

At the risk of sounding judgemental I have to ask why does a man need to get married while broke and irresponsible? Dosent sound like a good start to a marriage. just wondering.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Ok- judgements are NOT needed. Thank you.

I am helping because he is my brother and he came to me for help. The wedding has tapped his funds and he's a guy- I don't know how much input she has had on his clothing choices for the ceremony.

I may be able to swing a rental- I called and did some research after I posted- so there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

He has pants- may only needs to rent the top half

Thanks for any reasonable suggestions.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah
    At the risk of sounding judgemental I have to ask why does a man need to get married while broke and irresponsible? Dosent sound like a good start to a marriage. just wondering.
    Ya know- had I known that people would jump to such conclusions without knowing all the facts I would not have thought to go to the MC community for help.

I don't need to defend the fact that my brother finds himself short of funds just before the wedding and I am a little ashamed of some of the reactions I have gotten here when I though I could come to this group for help and good advice.

Thanks very much.

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

http://www.misterneats.com

Mister Neat's Formalwear, the leading provider of celebration clothing for Colorado

Can I get a tux by tomorrow?
    Mister Neat's can actually get you a tuxedo THE SAME DAY that you need it. But, for a wider selection of choices we ask you reserve your tuxedo at least 24-48 hours in advance of the event date.

How much do tuxedo rentals cost?
    Tuxedo rental base prices start at $59.95 and range up to $129.95. Customers may upgrade any tuxedo by adding shoes or upgrading their accessories. Full back vests are included in every tuxedo rental. Accessory upgrade prices range from $5 - $30.

Now, it may not be the "dream" tux, but I'm sure if you all get together, you could scrape up the $60 for the minimal tux, can't you?

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Joe User 99
    http://www.misterneats.com

Mister Neat's Formalwear, the leading provider of celebration clothing for Colorado

Now, it may not be the "dream" tux, but I'm sure if you all get together, you could scrape up the $60 for the minimal tux, can't you?
    Thank you- this is who I called. She said they run $99-129 and she will cut $30 from the price and shoes run around $15-20.

This may end up being his wedding present- at least part of it. Maybe I'll split it with him- but thanks very much for looking that up for me.

• there's always my way...

Ya know- had I known that people would jump to such conclusions without knowing all the facts I would not have thought to go to the MC community for help.

I don't need to defend the fact that my brother finds himself short of funds just before the wedding and I am a little ashamed of some of the reactions I have gotten here when I though I could come to this group for help and good advice.

Thanks very much.
    I remeber you asking me a question on a previous post of mine that was simular to mine and I thought we had that same kind of openess here. Im sorry to make you have to defend yourself.

I have a brother that does the same thing and I have to ask him the whys before I plan to help him.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Gay Man

I think you should probably thank the people at MC for asking the hard questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast