• A Pirate's life for me!

The Art of Disney Romance postage stamps

Went to the post office today to get a roll of stamps and we couldn't believe what we saw!

Disney stamps!

Now maybe they aren't new, but they are "new" to us. I haven't heard of them before, either.

Our sheets contained four different stamps. One of each style of Mickey and Minnie, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella and Prince Charming and Lady and the Tramp. The series is called, "The Art of Disney Romance".

These stamps are too cool to use as postage!!! (maybe that is what the PO wants...)

Enjoy!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: The Art of Disney Romance postage stamps

I love the Minnie and Mickey-

I should keep one of each and not use them for mail

• Queen of Randomness

I love all of the different sorts of disney stamps.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Art of Disney: Romance

With this stamp pane, the U.S. Postal Service honors the art of romance as imagined by Walt Disney and his studio animators. Now, with help from a few beloved Disney characters, it's easy to add a dash of romance to your cards and letters with stamps that feature Cinderella and Prince Charming; Beauty and the Beast; Lady and Tramp; and Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
    CINDERELLA AND PRINCE CHARMING
    Everyone dreams of living a rags-to-riches fairy tale and dancing with that special someone. As Cinderella and Prince Charming learn, one waltz can lead to a moment of realization: "So this is love."
    BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
    This is the evening the Beast has awaited, but can he tell Belle of his love? He knows his heart, but does she yet know her own? These lovers are as uncertain as they are hopeful-emotions and a tale "as old as time."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Thanks for the additional info!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

More coming soon:

Mickey Mouse Waves His Magic Wand
    on New Postage Stamps

WASHINGTON, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Sorcerer Mickey Mouse gave the audience attending the "Washington 2006 World Philatelic Stamp Exposition"a sneak peak of the upcoming The Art of Disney: Magic stamps, which will be issued in 2007.

In 2004, the U.S. Postal Service issued its first in the series of stamps entitled The Art of Disney. That year, Friendship was the theme and it featured Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck and a host of Disney friends. The Art of Disney: Celebration stamps issued in 2005 were the second in the series and featured Mickey Mouse and Pluto; Alice and the Mad Hatter; Ariel and Flounder; and Snow White and Dopey.

The third in the series was The Art of Disney: Romance featuring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Lady and the Tramp, Belle and the Beast, and Cinderella and Prince Charming, issued just this year.

The surprise announcement of the fourth in the series came on April 21 as well, only this time the theme is Magic. "The U.S. Postal Service and Disney have enjoyed a collaborative partnership that has produced a magical series of beautiful stamps," said Wendy Hocking, Secretary, Board of Governors, United States Postal Service. "Today, the magic continues and comes center stage at the Washington 2006 World Philatelic Stamp Exposition, as we unveil one of the four new The Art of Disney: Magic stamps that will be issued by the Postal Service nextyear."
    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...04373263&EDATE=
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

I get a little book of these everytime I'm at Disneyland. I noticed the last time I was at the park, they had taken the stamp machine out of the Opera House exit (probably when they moved more of the hat store into the exit). We found another stamp machine right inside the Greetings shop in DCA. I love these stamps, but I save them to use only on cards and letters to friends--I'm not going to waste them on a bill!

GREAT timing!!!

And GREAT stamps for wedding announcements!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 07-13-2006 at 04:37 PM.

• Original Mice-Chatter

perfect!!

• Senior Minion

I told my mom that when we need stamps, we are buying 2 sets of those. 1 for me to keep with my BATB collection, and one to use on special envelopes
    As said before, I wouldn't dare waste one on a bill.....
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban