Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: MiceChat Fantasy Football 2006

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    Hahaha Those stupid refs robbed us. If you get a chance check out my myspace page. I found a video from a television station in Seattle that made a Seahawks Superbowl Champions promo but never got aired because we were robbed.I posted it on my page.
    Will you give it up already? You got one or two really bad calls...the rest were marginal...and the bottom line is you couldn't stop Pittsburgh when it really counted. Geeze, I knew Seattle was known for coffee. I guess whine is right up there now too.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Time Traveler

I just joined the 2nd league.
    I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
    Gas For Car- $60
    Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Will you give it up already? You got one or two really bad calls...the rest were marginal...and the bottom line is you couldn't stop Pittsburgh when it really counted. Geeze, I knew Seattle was known for coffee. I guess whine is right up there now too.

--Barry
    Seattle is known for playing a west coast style of offense, an offense based off of timing and rythym. The team knew penalties would seriously effect said offense and focused on avoiding them all season, which resulted in one of the least penalized teams (ranked #2 out of 32) in the NFL and the #1 rated offense. Now if every time you get within scoring range or put the ball in the end zone you get hit with an undeserved or ticky-tack penalty it would disrupt the offense, making it a very medicore style at best. If your team is known for it's offense and now some "mediators" have neutralized it... well you saw the results.

I'm sure you knew this Barry from watching all, what 1 Seahawk game all year? and know much better than two people who watched at least, all 19 meaningful games last season.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude
    Seattle is known for playing a west coast style of offense, an offense based off of timing and rythym. The team knew penalties would seriously effect said offense and focused on avoiding them all season, which resulted in one of the least penalized teams (ranked #2 out of 32) in the NFL and the #1 rated offense. Now if every time you get within scoring range or put the ball in the end zone you get hit with an undeserved or ticky-tack penalty it would disrupt the offense, making it a very medicore style at best. If your team is known for it's offense and now some "mediators" have neutralized it... well you saw the results.

I'm sure you knew this Barry from watching all, what 1 Seahawk game all year? and know much better than two people who watched at least, all 19 meaningful games last season.
    For the record, I watched at least five Seahawks games last year and I know what the West Coast offense is. I saw the game, I saw the penalties, and I stand by statement...by the way, Dan Marino, Cris Collinsworth, and other NFL analysts shared my same viewpoint. Guess they don't know anything, either?

What style of offense isn't hurt by penalties?

And why would the referees want to go out of their way to "rob" the Seahawks? League conspiracy? Payoff by the Steelers?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

30 years I waited for the Seahawks to get to the Superbowl.

Then they lose . If they had played a better game they would have won. Bad calls are made all the time in games, and good teams overcome that and win. Pittsburgh won, they are last years champs, it is a new season and the Seahawks will be back, they will win this time, and Radiobarry will be buying me a beer in celebration instead of condolence.

Second fantasy football league still has space. See earlier post for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    For the record, I watched at least five Seahawks games last year and I know what the West Coast offense is. I saw the game, I saw the penalties, and I stand by statement...by the way, Dan Marino, Cris Collinsworth, and other NFL analysts shared my same viewpoint. Guess they don't know anything, either?

What style of offense isn't hurt by penalties?

And why would the referees want to go out of their way to "rob" the Seahawks? League conspiracy? Payoff by the Steelers?
    (response to 1st paragraph) Well, Jon Madden, Al Michaels, Michael Smith, Steve Raible, and Warren Moon agree with me, either way I care little what the "experts" think (the collective minds at espn.com were a total of 2 games better at predicting the NFL last year compared to someone just saying everyone would go 8-8).

(2nd paragraph) Good point, and the Seahawks were still the second least penalized team last year, that game was very very uncharacteristic of the team I watched play 18 other times last year.

(3rd paragraph) Wouldn't surprise me, it seemed like everyone wanted Bettis to get that ring. I'm not saying there was a consipiracy, but it wouldn't surprise me either. (note the Steelers Super Bowl commerical discrepency during the commerical breaks and the ensuing Bud Light commericals with Bettis after) All I truly believe though was the officiating was bad.

All in all your "argument" is: well I saw this and these people on tv (who also have encouragement to say what people want to hear) agree with me. I provide facts and links to support my basis and I'm still just discounted as a "whiner". I respect your right to your opinion Barry, but I think you're abusing the privilege.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

*** ^^^^^ ^^^^^
    Sorry you feel that way, but enough already. For your sake and Mr. Lightyear's, I hope your Seahawks score enough points to win the Super Bowl this season.

So, back on topic...
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 08-12-2006 at 09:04 PM.

Just for the record I meant your opinion on us Seattle people, not on the Super Bowl... but yes, back on topic.

For those that missed the first group and second league has been started. ID # 382439 - Password - waltdisney

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo...._league_select

There are 4 spots left in this league. Once it is full we will determine the draft date.

Good luck to all.

• For You!

Okay, I caved. I always play with my brother's fantasy league - but I thought, it might be fun to play with another group of people - so here I am. Oh yeah, I'm MarinoGroupie - yes, I'm a long time dolphins fan - even though I've lived in the West all my life. Go figure.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Welcome to the league and good luck!!!!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Lightyear999; 08-14-2006 at 06:33 AM.

• For You!

Is god luck better than good luck???!!! Thanks either way!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Either one will work, lets try good luck though

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    Okay, I caved. I always play with my brother's fantasy league - but I thought, it might be fun to play with another group of people - so here I am. Oh yeah, I'm MarinoGroupie - yes, I'm a long time dolphins fan - even though I've lived in the West all my life. Go figure.
    LOL! I stood next to him in line for a turkey leg at WDW once (didn't say anything to him 'cause I didn't wanna bother him). Stephen King was on my other side, actually, and they were introducing themselves to each other when I left. That was weird.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

For those in the first MC Football League, have your pre-draft rankings ready, as I'll be setting the league to draft-ready in the next day or so.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast