• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Anderson Cooper on CNN shows Isrealie Children's Bomb Shelter and...

Tonight (July 14, 2006) I watched CNN and saw Anderson Cooper's live report from Isreal.

During a segment, they showed bomb shelters including a children's bomb shelter with large, impressive Disney Murals on the walls. The camera shots were quick but you could make out Show White and The Seven Dwarfs clearly. There were others too. I think I saw Beauty and The Beast and Little Mermaid but they were quite quick so I may be wrong.

There were also large 3D toys and statues of other Disney images.

Anyways, there are many reasons why I bring this to your attention but one that struck me was that recently there was a thred stateing that Walt's brilliance was leading to the 2006 Top Movie of the Year.... I was impressed by that fact but seeing this made me think that his brilliance has nothing to do with money but basic human needs like comfort, continuity and Safety.

Then I thought how ugly to use these images in a time of war... but maybe that was petty.

Anyways... did anyone else see this? Any reactions?

A Funny thought just crossed my mind... didn;t Disney once sue a bunch of Daycares for using Disney images? Maybe Disney can sue War itself.

- Peace and Love Folks,
    - Prayers for all,
    - Some long days may be ahead.
    - longer nights.

thoughts?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Anderson Cooper on CNN shows Isrealie Children's Bomb Shelter and...

Israeli
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Neep meep beep

Sure, I have some thoughts. Among them:

It's "Israel";
    It's "thread", not thred; and
    It's "stating", not stateing.

Also, Disney has always been very aggressive in protecting their copyrights. It's not clear from your posting that any of these images were for profit, however, which makes a huge deal when it comes to copyright and other intellectual property protection.

My final and most pertinent thought is that this posting doesn't belong in the "Disneyland Resort" area of the site. It really has nothing to do with Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure.

There is a thread where posts late on a Friday night go, however. Look up "DCMA".

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto

It's "Israel";

Also, Disney has always been very aggressive in protecting their copyrights. It's not clear from your posting that any of these images were for profit, however, which makes a huge deal when it comes to copyright and other intellectual property protection.

My final and most pertinent thought is that this posting doesn't belong in the "Disneyland Resort" area of the site. It really has nothing to do with Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure.

There is a thread where posts late on a Friday night go, however. Look up "DCMA".
    Ouch.

Smile Re: Anderson Cooper on CNN shows Isrealie Children's Bomb Shelter and...

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto

It's "Israel";

But I did get "Petty" right, huh?

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Maybe another thread who knows.......just sad that their is a need for childrens bomb shelters anywhere in the world

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    Maybe another thread who knows.......just sad that their is a need for childrens bomb shelters anywhere in the world
    Yes... it is a sad world we live in
    ~~~~~~