Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Cool Phantom In Calgary and The Calgary Stampede - UPDATED with more photos (slow loading)

Greetings From Calgary,

Lol ok well we already knew i lived here but i thought id try and be witty the past 10 days in calgary we have had something called the Calgary stampede going on this is my thread with photos, Video of the fireworks is stil in progress.. And Bascily its my memorys from stampede this year, Since i dont think starting 2 threads is the best idea i also am includeing my review of phantom of the oprea which i saw in calgary last night and it will be here till July 30th

We are going to start with stampede i went twice and here is the photos i took with some captions

Here is Our Skyway...
    Its up year round as well sorta lol

Here is a coaster they called Crazy Mouse

Some kreepy puppet show that we saw here's a pic of the set

Some more midway rides

This is my freind Jonno eating beef on a bun lol i thought the photo was funny so i decided id post it

Jonno again doing something they called hawai hands you dip your hand in wax and they make a mold of it it cost 13 dollers but jonno was happy with the outcome

The little peepole made an apearence at stampede as well...

More Photos and of course my phantom review are all still to come
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• For You!

Re: Phantom In Calgary and The Calgary Stampede ( Photo Heavy)

My parents and grandparents used to go to that every year - my grandpa used to be president of the Utah Cattlemen's association so they always got free tickets.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I was there yesterday, it was pretty awesome.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

One of my best friends is a "Calgarian" and he loves the Stampede. Sadly, he's here in Colorado this week and he was talking about this last night. How cool this timing was, so thanks!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

I Got more photos comeing and im posting the fireworks once i peice all my footage together then i will get the phantom review on, Splash it was insanely busy yesterday i was there all day then left and went to phantom
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• All you need is LOVE

Great photos thanks 4 sharing

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It's one of those events that I hope to see in person one day! Thanks for the great pics and I hope you enjoyed "Phantom" - what a great show!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• love my friends

miss the calgary stampeded.. used to go there when we lived in calgary in 1981-1988... I miss it. sigh

Friends for life

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Exclamation Part 2

Part 2..
    More photos from stampede

Starting with the sling shot, Can i just say yes i was crazy enough to go on it sadly non of my freinds would go with me so i ended up not going but mark my words next year i am determend to get on this

Ok and here's another ride on the midway

Bmx stuntshow, Sadly missed it but i got a pic of the ramps this was presented by bell

Ok so inside the round up center you could find the place decked out with sand in a main area and i present to you some of the sand sculptures I Also would like to point out they can aparently make anything lol

Other side of the sand castle

Crowd waiting for hedley and at hypnotist terry stokes show

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Disneyfanaticboy/DSC00040.jpg
    [/IMG]

One of the many concetion stands i took a photo of this becuse i found the sign to be kinda dirty lol

Alright comeing up is my review of phantom inculdeing fav photos from the program since i didn't take my camrah into the building sigh it was in the car
    Then in part four i will conclude with The fireworks video
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• love my friends

Re: Phantom In Calgary and The Calgary Stampede - UPDATED with more photos (slow loading)

Love your photos brings back alot of memeories of when I lived in calgary.. sigh

Friends for life

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Re: Phantom In Calgary and The Calgary Stampede - UPDATED with more photos (slow loading)

Glad your enjoying them
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• All you need is LOVE

Wow what great photos I love them Thanks

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Loving the photos so far!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I was there an family day saw the super dogs and waited in line for over an hour for the kids stampede pack, sad thing about stampede being over is you cant wear jeans to work any more. Great pics
    "A pirates life for me"

Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

So now we have 3 locals on micechat?.....Ok so part 3 i said would be my phantom review im going to put it in a spoiler box that way if anyone hasnt seen it they can skip over it and the photos i scanned from the program and the playbill I Will start with the photos...

PlayBill

Front of Program

Back Of Program

Phantom Masqerade (fav cosutume)

Phantom And Christine

Spoiler
    Now to say my seats were good would be a total understatement they were beyond amazeing you cant get closer. Then to where i was sitting second row basicly feet away from the stage. I Went into phantom not knowing what to expect being a huge fan of the movie and the music. I Was blown away the touring company put an amazeing show on our phantom was played by John Cudia and he was a phenomanal phantom he actually started in the production as raoul and is the only phantom in history of the production to play both parts. Our lovely Christine was played by Jennifer Hope Will's and she did a phenomanal job as well. Being so close to the stage was pretty intense i really felt such compassion for the phantom and i shed tears sigh i was trying to fig out how they did alot of the effects becuse of being in tech theater, I Wont say how it was done as to not ruin the magic but i did fig out some. If your a fan of the music go check it out its worth it and we were thinking when it leaves here we may go see it in Edm I Also felt alot of the effects being so close like the fire it was hot litrelly i couldnt have asked for a better way to end my day at the calgary stampede then to leave and go see this heart welming production even thought we paid alot for the tickts it was really worth it in my eyes to be so close
    </IMG>
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast