Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

What's the point in having a negative rep feature if nobody is going to use it? If we're going to be a basically self moderated board, we have to catch the things we're offended by and make it known that we are offended by it.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Senior Itish
    DO you mean Senioritis? The completely scientific name for the syndrome with characteristics such as becoming lazy in the spring semester of their Senior year in high school, when they have been accpted to a college and they realize that doing the bare minimum will still get them into their college?

It's always disappointing when threads take a turn toward the childish and the bickering begins. It's great when different points of view can be shared and people on all sides learn something from them, without starting the "he said" "she said" stuff. All too often people take things personally where no personal attack was even intended or hinted at, such as being offended if someone says "I hate 'it's a small world'", and then the attack ball starts rolling.

I have to distance myself from threads when I see that start to happen - or worse - leave a board entirely for a while because every thread seems to be dominated by that. Things do eventually cool out after a while and then it's safe to return.

I just like to share facts and ideas with other Disney fans out there since I don't know any nearby me. If I want an argument, I can go out on any street corner and find that.

• U. B. Bold

I'm new here, but I too have noticed alot of negativity and childish bickering. What fun is that? I get enough of that in real life. Lol.
    My newbie pledge: To always take the high road.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Banned User

Welcome to the Disney internet community. This is just a natural evolution in the circle of cyber-life that is the Disney Online Fanbase. Every single online community has gone through it, some fabulously worse than others. I'm confident that MiceChat will weather the storm relatively well considering that the mods and admins here are some of the most level headed and fair I've seen. Other sites with less capable and more megalomaniacal mods have found themselves watching the parade pass by, but fortunately for us we have some pretty decent people behind the control panels here, so that shouldn't be a worry we have to face.

Just give things time to simmer down, they always do.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    What's the point in having a negative rep feature if nobody is going to use it?

I agree, but to give neg rep just because your having a bad day. That's not right. If someoen were to make a cooment like " I think your wrong and your just dumb" then that would deserv neg rep. but to neg rep someoen juts for saying "IMO..." thats wrong.

• Original Mice-Chatter

The neg rep thing only seems to work on people who have the ability to admit to making a mistake. Like I said in the previous post, this is a growth cycle, it's just that it is some people who need to do the growing up.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I don't think this is singular problem to MiceChat. I have noticed a hightened tension across the board everywhere I go. I have posted this and I hope this helps people as the sort our there feelings

It seems so many of us are so quick to judge.
    Right or wrong. Left or right. Liberal or conservative. Democrat or Republican. Christian or Islamic. Moral or Immoral. Black or White. I pose to you this notion; our brains are made of grey matter so why do we think in extremes like black and white. Our country is more polarized than it ever has been and this thread is just more evidence of it to me. The world is not a coin- two sided and clear. The world is not flat, its round and has many views- most beautiful and some not.

I hope that we can come together as friends, as a nation as a world and find the commonality that makes us great. Here in this place I would suggest it about the magic that is Disney.
    I can just see Tom, standing on a stage, the flag projected behind him with America the Beautiful playing in the background. That creative writing course paid off.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    The neg rep thing only seems to work on people who have the ability to admit to making a mistake. Like I said in the previous post, this is a growth cycle, it's just that it is some people who need to do the growing up.
    The negative rep things work when the rep point is deserved, not when someone just uses it because they can. I have gotten deserved bad rep and a couple not. i protest those not deserved. The rep system works if applied correctly.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Practically Perfect

I don't think bad rep should be given out just because you don't agree with what was said or something like that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's when someone says something hurtful or out of line. Fine line, I know...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    If you are an otherwise good poster and you get occasional bad rep. No big deal. It will all work out with all the undeserved good rep you might get. Does anyone EVER complain when they get good rep for something they don't deserve?

If so many people wern't afraid of giving bad rep when it is deserved we wouldn't be dealing with some of the problems that we are right now.

If you are tired (like I am) of all the bitching and complaining and fighting - step up and give negative rep to those who deserve it.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• șoș Tom șoș

Hey guys! I wanted to offer a posistive suggestion for us to focus on and I started a new thread about MiceChatters coming together in good spirts for a good cause!

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...4412#post74412

• Smells like beer

I never notice animosity................to busy whistlin'
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12