Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Souls of Soleado

Hey Everyone,
    My production company has released the trailer for our next movie. I thought I might post it again here in the lounge for all to see as many did not in the Entertainment section. You can watch it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIyS_ayAcrE
    A lot of people are telling me they are looking foward to it, which was a producer makes me very happy
    So post your thoughts about it, thanks,
    Colin S.

• Minion

Re: Souls of Soleado

Anyone? I would really like comments, I worked really hard on this movie along with a ton of other people.

• horsin' around!

um......interesting....but film of that nature personally sends me running for dramamine!!! Good luck to you on your endeavors!

• decorating

I'll be honest.
    I don't know what the heck is going on, the camera is just too bouncy.
    Sounds creepy though.

• Minion

Its a documentary about a haunted school. It was supposed to be shakey but I guess people don't get it lol

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket
    Its a documentary about a haunted school. It was supposed to be shakey but I guess people don't get it lol
    well no..i knew it was supposed to be shakey, ala Blair Witch Project...I was just mentioning that for some people..that shakiness is a bit too much. If i'd been watching that on the big screen...i'd be needing my popcorn bucket for something other than popcorn! haha!

but i seriously wish you well..just from things my kids have been involved in for school projects I can only imagine the hard work & hours you've invested.

• That Guy

Is this a school project? It has potential, but as my peers mentioned, the footage is too busy.

Also, you're saying this is a documentary? It is way over-produced to be a documentary. You guys may want to look into a steadicam or perhaps a rail system.

In all honesty, this looks like a Jr. High video assignment, but that is just from the clip I saw. I wish you the very best in this project.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Is this a school project? It has potential, but as my peers mentioned, the footage is too busy.

Also, you're saying this is a documentary? It is way over-produced to be a documentary. You guys may want to look into a steadicam or perhaps a rail system.

In all honesty, this looks like a Jr. High video assignment, but that is just from the clip I saw. I wish you the very best in this project.
    1. I'm in Jr. High
    2. No, it is not a school project

• horsin' around!

Anyone? I would really like comments, I worked really hard on this movie along with a ton of other people.
    My friend...there are many many creative people in our micechat family... and a lot of critiquing is available when you ask. I'm just reminding you...you did ask for comments...so be aware you may not always like what people say. It is a good way to learn...gain ideas...new inspiration...and a way to know what people like & don't like. Don't be discouraged by any means. We applaud your creativity!
    </IMG>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    My friend...there are many many creative people in our micechat family... and a lot of critiquing is available when you ask. I'm just reminding you...you did ask for comments...so be aware you may not always like what people say. It is a good way to learn...gain ideas...new inspiration...and a way to know what people like & don't like. Don't be discouraged by any means. We applaud your creativity!
    </IMG>
    Oh I knew i wasn't going to get just good comments
    I wanted to know just what people thought

• That Guy

Hey Everyone,
    My production company has released the trailer for our next movie. I thought I might post it again here in the lounge for all to see as many did not in the Entertainment section. You can watch it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIyS_ayAcrE
    A lot of people are telling me they are looking foward to it, which was a producer makes me very happy
    So post your thoughts about it, thanks,
    Colin S.
    Colin,

I guess my confusion in this thread stemmed from your original post. When you use phrases like 'my production company' and 'as a producer' that implies that you are working in a professional capacity as a film producer.

What might have served you better, would have been to say:

Hey, can you guys check out my Jr. High film project? It is a short film based on a mockumentary about a haunted school.

Just a thought. If you lay the foundation of your project, people will know in which light to evaluate it.

Like my peers have said, good for you for your effort, I am sure it took a long time. Keep at it, that is how Steven Spielberg got started.

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Colin,

I guess my confusion in this thread stemmed from your original post. When you use phrases like 'my production company' and 'as a producer' that implies that you are working in a professional capacity as a film producer.

What might have served you better, would have been to say:

Hey, can you guys check out my Jr. High film project? It is a short film based on a mockumentary about a haunted school.

Just a thought. If you lay the foundation of your project, people will know in which light to evaluate it.

Like my peers have said, good for you for your effort, I am sure it took a long time. Keep at it, that is how Steven Spielberg got started.
    yes! when it's put in that context it keeps things in perspective & is easier to....okay, lost my train of thought here... lol but you know what i mean and I totally agree! :-)

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    yes! when it's put in that context it keeps things in perspective & is easier to....okay, lost my train of thought here... lol but you know what i mean and I totally agree! :-)
    I agree with you, agreeing with me. I think that when you're presented with something in the right light, it can change everything.

Like you said, this is a really good start, and the creativity is clear. Colin has mad skillz.

• Minion

Yeah, I should of stated that better. But thank you all for your comments, and critque, and sorry that there was a little misunderstanding lol

• That Guy

No worries, you are really doing cool stuff.

Do you want to be in the motion picture industry when you complete school?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast