Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Waiting Since 1992

Have You Had Your "Old Person" Moment Yet?

So I was reading through some posts on here, and I ran across the one about The People Mover possibly coming back. Then somebody asked what The People Mover was............................................... .... .

I couldn't believe it. I am 25 years old, and remember quite clearly the People Mover being around when I was in the 8th grade...which doesn't feel like a long time ago...right?

But I have to face facts. That was 12 years ago! *gasp*.

I am officially old. Well, actually that comment just re-affirmed it, my first Old Person Moment, as I like to call them (which, BTW, you can have at any age, IMO) came a few months ago. I work with High Schoolers for a living, so I am always sort of feeling "old", at least "older" than them, but this incident just floored me . I was having a conversation with a high school Junior and the topic of television shows came up:

Me: Oh, I thought it was so funny! She was dressed like Punky Brewster!!! She had all those bright colors on and pony tails! Didn't she look like Punky Brewster?
    Teen:
    Me:..........................Punky Brewster, you know....that girl from that TV show??
    Teen: Who's Punky Brewster?

I just about died.
    It was then that I realized that I am officially "old".

So when and where was your "old person" moment? Maybe it has to do with Disneyland, maybe it doesn't. I am just curious.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Have You Had Your "Old Person" Moment Yet?

I have my old moments everyday. I walked into the kitchen the other day to get a carrot for the hamster........and I stood there for 5 minutes trying to remember what I came in there for. Finally, I gave up, and walked back into my bedroom....then, I remembered!! So, I made the trip again...only to forget again. On my way out of the living room, it finally hit me and I retrieved the carrot and it made it's way to the hamster. So sad. I'm only 26 this should NOT be happening. Not to mention everytime I sit down I fall asleep. Ugh! No hope.

• Waiting Since 1992

Heee, I do the SAME thing. Alas! We need to start doing memory exercises or something!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have my senile moments every day. I've put peanut butter in the freezer and the milk jug in the cupboard. I'm almost 32... look around 23 and feel about 80!

Well, let's see, I was an 8th grader 36 years ago, so yeah, I've had a lot of those forgetful moments. But honestly, most of the TV shows I grew up with are played on cable television all the time, so if I make a reference to The Brady Bunch, The Andy Griffith Show, or most any of those older shows, the kids know exactly what I'm talking about.

I gotta say, though, I haven't seen Punky Brewster played on TV in a very long time, so I can see why today's kids wouldn't know who she is.

•   
    • So fetch

Yes. I was asked who Kurt Cobain was.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Schmielsen
    Well, let's see, I was an 8th grader 36 years ago, so yeah, I've had a lot of those forgetful moments. But honestly, most of the TV shows I grew up with are played on cable television all the time, so if I make a reference to The Brady Bunch, The Andy Griffith Show, or most any of those older shows, the kids know exactly what I'm talking about.

I gotta say, though, I haven't seen Punky Brewster played on TV in a very long time, so I can see why today's kids wouldn't know who she is.
    Well, I think my utter confusion came from the fact that I FEEL "young"(as in, I don't feel as though a lot of time has past since I was a child) still, and it just didn't connect in my brain that this person was WAY younger than me. I just assumed she'd know who I was talking about, ya know?

At least with The Brady Bunch and such, I know who you are talking about! I heart the Brady Bunch. Punky needs to go into Syndication, but that is a whole other thread! LOL

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    I have my senile moments every day. I've put peanut butter in the freezer and the milk jug in the cupboard. I'm almost 32... look around 23 and feel about 80!
    Hey, I feel the same way!

Off topic:
    I like your avatar BTW. Woot! I love that movie.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo
    Yes. I was asked who Kurt Cobain was.
    Yikes.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Mine's the worst.

I went to visit my parents last month, and my mother said, "Oh, you streaked your hair."

It's not streaked.

Time to start dying it, I suppose.

• Senior Minion

My first "old moment" came about ten years ago. when I started as a manager for a brokerage firm. I looked around me and realized I was easily old enough to be everyone's father. At that moment, I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness.

On the bright side, with senility, I make new friends every day.

• Plastic Monkey

im starting to complain about the state of music today,
    all new bands sound the same and cannot play and sing too well, though thats proberbly just britain. and yes the arctic monkeys are crap
    im 24 and now stand at the back for most,
    We Play Rock and Roll

• Santa Barbara, CA

I had my moment recently to discover she was only 17. It's so hard judging age these days.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• insufferable know-it-all

Every time someone says "what's an E-ticket?"......

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Oh God- I don't know if I would call this an "old moment," but last night our power went out twice in the dead of night but both me and my sister and her boyfriend were up.

Well, ok, lol, I felt so retarded, while going to the bathroom to light the candle, I flipped on the power switch:

Then moments later, I am walking with my sister to the kitchen so she can also light a candle: she does the same damn thing with the kitchen power switch!

Human Intelligence I'll tell ya!

Come on', be honest, who has done that!??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast