• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

For the "FOTA" folk - Reggie Bush About To Be A Maybe $62 Million Man

Good news for fans of the great running back/all around player out of USC, who should have been the number one pick in the draft (what was Houston thinking)...

JACKSON, Miss. -- With his contract done more than a week before he thought it might be, Reggie Bush scrambled to get to the New Orleans Saints' training camp here by Monday evening.

Bush's deal is worth up to $62 million, with a little more than $26.3 million guaranteed.

Although Bush was selected second overall, he was considered by many teams worthy of the top overall pick. But the Houston Texans went instead with Mario Williams, an imposing defensive end out of Maryland, and signed him to a deal also worth as much as $62 million if incentive benchmarks are net, with about $26.5 million guaranteed.

That left Bush available for the Saints, who said they were "sensitive" to the fact that Bush expected to be a No. 1 pick, and ended up agreeing to a deal that places Bush much closer to Williams than the third overall pick, Vince Young. Young's contract with Tennessee is worth up to $58 million, including incentives, with about $25.7 million guaranteed.

Barring further travel complications, Bush was expected to sign his contract Monday evening.
    --espn.com

It's a great shot in the arm for the team and the city, and I've heard that Reggie's already been helping out in the rebuilding efforts there. Seems like a real class act.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: For the "FOTA" folk - Reggie Bush About To Be A Maybe $62 Million Man

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• For You!

I heard ESPN debating this - that the #1 pick should get paid more, but since Reggie Bush should have been #1 - then it all sounds right. Still - that's a slew of money!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    I heard ESPN debating this - that the #1 pick should get paid more, but since Reggie Bush should have been #1 - then it all sounds right. Still - that's a slew of money!
    For that reason the Saints wound up giving Bush about the same deal that Houston gave Mario Williams...and slightly more than Tennessee gave Vince Young at 3.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.