• Van Hagar (Sammy on vocals)

6 21.43%
  • Doesn't matter (no vocals)

8 28.57%
  • I would prefer another band

6 21.43%
  • I would prefer only classic "space" sounds

1 3.57%
  • I don't care what it sounds like ... just open it!

4 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• My Children's Father

Friendly Debate 4-26-05

Inspired by Al's update this AM, this debate asks the question,

How do you take your Van Halen on Rock' it Mountain?

Classic Van Halen? Or "Van Hagar"? Or something else?

Although I prefer the classic to Van Hagar, I doubt that vocals on the RM soundtrack will be appropriate, so the question may be moot ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

No vocals, and no soundtrack that sounds like some horrible cover band....wait that IS every cover band!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by girl anachronism
    No vocals, and no soundtrack that sounds like some horrible cover band....wait that IS every cover band!
    Are you saying Van Halen is a cover band? OK, so they did covers of "You Realy Got Me" and "Pretty Woman", but does that make them a "cover band"?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• I am the Governator!!

Got to be van halan not van hagar
    I will save the princess, though I do not know the way.

• Minion

So as to end the constant bickering between fans and non-fans regarding this band's vocalists, I think a non-vocal soundtrack would be best. Besides, Van Halen is Edward's last name, and he's the focal point around which the band exists. No Eddie, no band, it's that simple, but people too often forget that and pay more attention to who's singing.

Vocals would only be distracting anyway. It's a roller coaster - who could pay attention to any lyrics?

No, just make it Ed on guitar, Alex on drums, Mike on bass, and maybe Ed on keys, and you're good to go. I think it'll add a little extra zip where the Dick Dale music didn't.

Hey, could be worse - it could've been Rob Zombie.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I can see Humans Being being the Space Mountain soundtrack. Van Hagar all the way. Met DLR and he was such a stuck up punk. Heard the same about EVH but he seemed cool when I saw him and his ex, Valerie Bertenelli at Disneyland. I guess having cancer probably mellowed him out though. I would be up for a EVH guitar sols throughout the ride though except I do love the Dick Dale tune though.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Senior Minion

Van Hagar sounds great but also DLR also. Either one sounds good. Iwonder if it is "Dreams" That was the video back in the 80's with the Naval AirForce With the Blue Angels. Do you remember? That seems like the choice that would be put in place.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I dont care about the music, I'd spend half the time screaming, so I wouldnt be able to hear it, just open it up!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Van Hagar sounds great but also DLR also. Either one sounds good. Iwonder if it is "Dreams" That was the video back in the 80's with the Naval AirForce With the Blue Angels. Do you remember? That seems like the choice that would be put in place.
    I was thinking that too but somehow it doesn't fit when you hit all the tight turns near the end. I would love it if they played Summer Nights when your exiting the ride though.
    As for DLR era, Everybody Wants Some, Panama, or Running with the Devil would work great with the ride.
    PirateMunkee

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Are you saying Van Halen is a cover band? OK, so they did covers of "You Realy Got Me" and "Pretty Woman", but does that make them a "cover band"?
    No....I should of made this more clear, I meant a band that sounds like a tribute band. I actually don't care about the band, as long as it has no vocals and as SilentBob66 said no one will be paying attention to the lyrics anyways. I have nothing against both reincarnations, i'm too young to have ever been a fan anyways. As long as it doesn't sound like it came straight out of the mid 80s, i'm all good.

Just open it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I still believe that Rob Zombie should do the soundtrack. Dragula, More Human than Human and Devil Man would work most awesomely for the ride. Hell, I would put something like a CD changer on the ride so each time you ride it there would be a different song. Van Halen one time, Rob Zombie the next. Throw in some Metallica, Megadeth, Godsmack, and some Drowning Pool. and each ride would be a different experience. Just keep the Old Dick Dale soundtrack on during the day and I'm a happy camper.
    PirateMunkee

I don't know who this Van Halen person is. Could someone post a link to the soundtrack? Thanks.

I don't know who this Van Halen person is. Could someone post a link to the soundtrack? Thanks.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries
    You don't know who Van Halen is???? Am I that old or are you that young??? LOL!!

I like PirateMonkee's idea of different music each time!!! I think that would be great fun! You'd never know what you were going to hear next time...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast