Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: VC Fair MiceChat Meet (Well, There WERE Three Of Us)

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Barry, what time did you guys get there on Saturday? We were there from 10am to 3pm, it would have been nice to say hi.
    I was there from about 11 am to 4pm, and again from 7-11pm ... Tom and Vic were there from about 2-30 on...so sorry we missed you all!!! We could've had an even bigger MiceChat meet!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Great report, Barry! thank you for sharing! I noticed there was a "Hot Dog On A Stick" booth in one picture. Was that from the actual chain and were they wearing their signature goofy unis? We don't have those out here but it sure looks like a fun place to work at.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Banned User

Awwwww I love me some Barry Trip reports and meets great pics, and its always good to see you Tom and Vic, good to see you to!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Great report, Barry! thank you for sharing! I noticed there was a "Hot Dog On A Stick" booth in one picture. Was that from the actual chain and were they wearing their signature goofy unis? We don't have those out here but it sure looks like a fun place to work at.
    I'm not sure, Brian. I know that there is such a chain, but I'm not sure if this booth was part of that or not. Seems like most of the booths are operated by local groups as fundraisers...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Barry, what time did you guys get there on Saturday? We were there from 10am to 3pm, it would have been nice to say hi.
    Gregg - did you guys enjoy the fair? Sorry we didn't hook up. Thought I saw someone who looked like you entering the main gates...would have been around 11 or so, though...I wasn't sure and I was too far away.

--Barry

I'm sorry to have missed the Fair meet!!!! I was working that day but I was there for the All American Rejects! I was there on ... Thursday I think, to see the exhibits and the photos and all.

I love the Fair. I think the Hot Dog on a Stick was the real chain; they had the colored hats though they did not wear the shirts. They did well in making my cheese on a stick. I ate myself stupid that day.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl
    I'm sorry to have missed the Fair meet!!!! I was working that day but I was there for the All American Rejects! I was there on ... Thursday I think, to see the exhibits and the photos and all.

I love the Fair. I think the Hot Dog on a Stick was the real chain; they had the colored hats though they did not wear the shirts. They did well in making my cheese on a stick. I ate myself stupid that day.
    You live in Camarillo as well as the Clinksalots, from what I understand? I'm not far...in La Conchita...and I'm in the Oxnard-Camarillo area all the time.

--Barry

• Rat Patootie

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry

Well, as Vic and I sang along, as Tom looked on with pained expression, "It's you and me and the bottle makes three tonight..."
    That has to be one of my favorite songs by them...oddly, I've never seen them live...heck, my swing team has opened for Cherry Poppin' Daddy and Phat Cat Swinger (swing band) has opened for BBVD...I know a few members of that band...you'd think by now I'd have seen them...haha...

I'm soooo jealous! Now I'm going to go look up whos headlining the LA Fair...
    șoș.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
    ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
    (..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
    .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
    .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
    MySpace.com/JivinJonno

Yep, right off the freeway in beautiful downtown Camarillo. I've driven past La Conchita and it looks like a cute little place.

When you planning to be in Camarillo next?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Rat Patootie

Don't they have a Presto Pasta Camarillo? Mmmm...I wish they'd put some of those out near me...
    șoș.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
    ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
    (..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
    .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
    .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
    MySpace.com/JivinJonno

• Grumpy old man

Great pictures. I love county fairs. I'd love to visit one down south just for a change of scenery.

I guess Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is making the fair circuit, they played the Alameda County Fair, we didn't see them though because the ampitheater there is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJonno
    Don't they have a Presto Pasta Camarillo? Mmmm...I wish they'd put some of those out near me...

Yes, indeed they do. I think there is one in Santa Barbara. I love me the Pasta! I love the candied walnut salad... yum.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad
    Great pictures. I love county fairs. I'd love to visit one down south just for a change of scenery.
    Thanks, Brain!!!! It's always special to see BBVD p;ay in Ventura, since many of the bamd's members if not all are from this area, and used to play local Ventura night spots back in the 90's before "making it big"...

--Barry

• Senior Minion

RB, thanks for sharing the picks of your trip to the fair, gotta love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Empress of Randomness

How come it took me so long to see this!

Brilliant report Barry!!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12