Thread: Decorations

• The Twilight Zone

Decorations

So i was just thinking has anyone thought of what they are going to decorate their house like for halloween i know it may be a bit early, but i thought i start the thread so people can get ideas and all sorts of things. Oh and if you have pictures from last year be more than happy to share them>

Thanks

• decorating

Re: Decorations

Not exactly a design, but works well, especially if a kid is grounded or doesn't want to go trick or treating.
    Trick or treaters have to walk by a coffin (I think theirs was cardboard, if it's dark, won't matter.)
    Hide tricker in coffin, when people walk by to get to the door POW pops up the tricker with the bowl of candy.
    Especially useful if you don't have a lot of candy to go around..

There is also some people in my town that make a 'maze' black sheet vinyl stuff stapled on wooden stakes. best part is, all you need is a strobe light and some cobwebs, and you will scare the heck out of some kids without having to jump out (anticipation is a killer)

I also recommend making tombstones and planting them in the yard (with a little dirt for a 'fresh' grave, and a plastic hand sticking out for a zombie...

LOOOVE decorating for Halloween, unfortunately, we've had 2 trick or treaters in 2 years.

• Mexihick, y'all

Love, love, love decorating for Halloween. We blow more money on decorations for Halloween and Xmas, it's disgusting. I mainly just do the inside of the house, nothing too grand. I do have a table, though, that I put lights around, and have a bunch of Nightmare Before Xmas statues and what not. I would ultimately like to get one of the more expensive "fountains" they sell at the Spirit stores...

• Empress of Randomness

Its not as big a thing here as it is in the USA....We usually just have a pumpkin...When I was younger though we'd make paper ghosts about 8cm high and hang them around the hall...We also used to decorate the stairs....Thats about it though!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Mexihick, y'all

I was so bummed...my cousin bought me this super cool ghost that I hung between our houses, and it would slide back and forth while making the eerie "boooooooo" sound. Yeah, it broke. TRAGEDY!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by migo
    I was so bummed...my cousin bought me this super cool ghost that I hung between our houses, and it would slide back and forth while making the eerie "boooooooo" sound. Yeah, it broke. TRAGEDY!
    I love those!

I saw Halloween decor at a store and got all psyched- I LOVE Halloween!

Fun fun!

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    I love those!

I saw Halloween decor at a store and got all psyched- I LOVE Halloween!

Fun fun!

Maybe I'll get another one...they weren't that expensive...but they also weren't that reliable.

K-Mart usually sells some really cheap/fun stuff. I LOVE my skull that you fill with water...and then it mists and the eyes glow.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by migo
    Maybe I'll get another one...they weren't that expensive...but they also weren't that reliable.

K-Mart usually sells some really cheap/fun stuff. I LOVE my skull that you fill with water...and then it mists and the eyes glow.

Kmart?

Migo, you're dead to me. Next you'll tell me you shop at walmart.

• Senior Minion

When we lived in California, we'd go all-out for Halloween, even more so since we had a dark entry-way, where my dad installed speakers in the upper corners, hooked up to the stero in the house, where we'd play haunted house music.
    We had a stuffed man in the corner by the door, fishingline on his arm attached to the front door, so that when the door opened, his arm would go up, freaked the kids out. Even more so when my dad opened the door in a wolf mask.
    One year, my brother, dressed in his scream costume, hid between the bushes and the front of the house, where no one could see him, and jumped out at people and then right back to his dark spot.
    We have alot of this stuff on video, but no pictures.

Now, we don't even decorate because we get so few kids in the 2 hours that kids are allowed to trick-or-treat out here. Back there, we'd have kids coming from 6pm till almost midnight.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Kmart?

Migo, you're dead to me. Next you'll tell me you shop at walmart.

I only shop at those fine establishments during the holidays. Merry Christmas, enjoy!

No, all those places have the best Halloween/Xmas decorations.

• That Guy

Do you ever pull that trick where you have what looks like a dummy in a chair near the door, and as the kids get on the porch, you sit up and yell while grabbing for them!!!

It's a classic, then you give out diapers and baby wipes, instead of candy. Trust me, they'll appreciate it.

• Mexihick, y'all

My neighborHOOD wouldn't appreciate that. I usually get a group of 10 at a time, no one speaks English, and they all want beer.

• That Guy

You live in Salt Lake?