Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

?'s about the Disney Character Outlet store

Greetings.

CrazyLegs posted a link to the website for the Disney outlet store the other day. http://www.ams-liquidation.com/stores.htm One is opening in my area this weekend (Western WA).

Anyways I got a few questions.

With the opening this weekend what can I expect for crowds? Anyone else been there when they opened?

Is it better to wait a few days or is it best to go opening day to get the best selection?

Do they usually open when they say? I am going to have to drive a few hours to get there and I'd hate to find them closed until the next day.

Any general tips/advice for going?

Anyone else heading up on Saturday? I currently plan to be there when they open and would love to meet another Micechatter.

Thanks

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Re: ?'s about the Disney Character Outlet store

I don't have the answers to all of your questions, but I would definitely arrive early for the best selection.

I am on the mailing list for the outlet in Fullerton/Anaheim/whatever. I just received an e-mail this morning saying they had gotten a new shipment of pins, if anyone is interested.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• For You!

I get the e-mails too - too bad I'm in Idaho and never get to go see the new stuff!

But it does constantly change. But if it's the grand opening - go early and spend tons of money!!!!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn
    I don't have the answers to all of your questions, but I would definitely arrive early for the best selection.

I am on the mailing list for the outlet in Fullerton/Anaheim/whatever. I just received an e-mail this morning saying they had gotten a new shipment of pins, if anyone is interested.
    I got that email too! But everytime I go in there it is the same stuff! Hardly ever anything new!!!

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna be there when it opens tomorrow. If any micechatters see this and are there I will be wearing my brand new Disney Studios Collection Jack Skellington shirt

• I met Walt Disney!

There use to be one of these up here in the high desert of California (Barstow.) We purchased some Rocket Rod stuff that has turned out to be collectable! I was bummed when the store closed. We always left there will great merchandise for a good price.

• Man O Lantern

Where exactly is the W. WA outlet located? Thanks!

• Banned User

um please, someone put me wise to the email. i would so love to be on there list.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Where exactly is the W. WA outlet located? Thanks!
    It is going to be in Burlington at their Premium Outlet Mall. I am going tomorrow and plan to be there early. It opens tomorrow ay 10am.

• Man O Lantern

Thank you! Have fun elbowing through the merchandise tomorrow!

• This $pace for $ale

does anyone remember where to find the 10% off coupon for the store?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

• Man O Lantern

So, how did it go, MB??

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    So, how did it go, MB??
    Is that a request for a trip report?

No problem. I was already planning on doing one. Yesterday was a very long day. To get to Burlington in time to be there when the store opened I had to get up at 6 am. It is several hours away. Anyways I got ready and drove to Kingston to catch the ferry at 7:50. One thing that I love about living in Washington is the views, especially on a beautiful day.

The Olympic Mountains.

To the south you can see Seattle, including the Space Needle.

To the northeast. If you look close you can see snow topped Mt. Baker.

Anyways, from Edmonds I had another hour north to drive. I got there about 9:25 in the morning and there was no one else there.

The first people started arriving around 9:45. There were around a dozen when it opened. I headed inside and went straight for the bins of pins. They had a ton of the GOlden Vehicle COllection. I picked up a cAsey Junior and a couple Jungle Cruise. The also had Mad Tea Party, Storybookland, Mr Toad, Autotopia, and Dumbo. The had a few christmas pins and some Parade of Dreams pins. I checked out their collectibles cabinetand picked out a set of Shag drink Identifiers (those little charms one can put on the stem of their wine glass). They had tons of shirts, but the one I wanted, Sorceror Mickey on tie dye blue, they did not have in my size, only smalls and mediums. Phooey. I found some Star Tours figures and snapped them up, as well as a few shot glasses. Oops, I mean "toothpick holders". They had some of the Olszewski miniatures, which tempted me, but I do not have room to Display or the money to afford, so I skipped over them. I bought a castle wine-stopper and another set of drink charms since they were such a good deal. When I went to check out I told them I was on the mailing list and had forgotten my 10% coupon so they gave me an extra 10% off. I also got another set of drink IDs. Anyways, here's a pic of the loot.

Another customer told me that her friend had been there yesterday (they opened early, shoot) and that they told her that they will be getting lots more stuff in a couple weeks. I may go back 1 more time before they close in October.

It was neat to chat with all the DIsney fans. One lady was going to Disneyworld for the first tiem in a couple weeks and was buying pins to trade. Another bought a bunch of ornaments for her tree. SHe had bought some at DL for full price and was now buying more at a real cheap price.

SO my final analysis. I got some great stuff at some incredible prices. It was worth getting up early for.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 08-20-2006 at 12:57 PM.

• Shablagoo!

So how did I do on costs. Lets take a look. All discounted prices reflect my 10% off.

3 Golden Vehicle pins: regular price $8.95 each. I paid $1.79 each. So I paid 5.37 total and saved $21.48.

1 wine stopper: regular price $12.00. I paid 2.87. I saved $9.13.

1 Star Tours 3t-RNE figure. Regular price $10.00. I paid $5.39. I saved 4.61

1 ToT shot glass. Reg price $6.00. I paid $1.43. I saved 4.57

1 set of Shag Disneyland Mini Glass set (4 glasses): reg price: $16.00. I paid
    $11.69. I saved 4.31

and my favorite

3 sets of Shag DIsneyland drink ID tags. Regular price $14.00. I paid 89 cents each. SO I paid 2.67 total and saved 39.33. I got 94% off! woo hoo!

Total spent, not including sales tax: 29.42. Total value 112.85 total saving $83.43
    Last edited by Melonballer; 08-20-2006 at 12:55 PM.

• Minion

WOW!!! What an amazing savings!! You did great... oh and the pics are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Are you anywhere near Tumwater???? I'm going to be there ( coming from Australia) in early November!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast