• Defying gravity

Please Read This - I Need Help!!!!!!!!

I am in an engineering magnet program at my high school. As our senior engineering project, we have to design a product. It's a very broad topic. We have to identify a problem and create/innovate a solution. Naturally, I want my project to be focused around *drumroll* Disney - specifically Disney theme parks i.e. - Disneyland.

The problem is, we need to show evidence that a problem exists - not just an opinion that something could be improved. I was thinking of designing a new ride vehicle, but, there's no evidence to support my claim. I was also thinking of designing a safer ride harness system - there is evidence because many people have been injured/died this past year at Disney theme parks. Of course, I am still in my "blue sky" phase.

I was hoping that some "expert" Mice Chatters *imagineers* might have some ideas for me. Any technological problems that you've noticed around DL or anything that you feel could be fixed? BTW, the product must be something physical, because, we are building a prototype of it second semester.

Oh, and my partner for the project has never been to a Disney theme park. I might have a hard time convincing him of my idea.....

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by VeganPrincess; 08-21-2006 at 10:32 PM.

• Neep meep beep

Re: Please Read This - I Need Help!!!!!!!!

Your message is in the wrong forum. This message has nothing to do with the "Disneyland Resort", per se, but it probably more suitable for the "Disney Business" section of the site, or the lounge. Good luck.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Hmmm.. I'm not too into the all of the enigineering stuff.. truthfully, I'm a bad mather ;0) sooo... lets see. OH! how about a more comfortable over the sholder harness.. Like on Soarin... they really squish my yoo hoos and make riding painful esp. when we go upside down. I'm not even that busty either... Maybe?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

What about something that would address the issue of strollers. Maybe design a stroller that is more theme-park appropriate. Like, folds easily, strage for tickets/fastpasses, etc. Or, design a new team vehicle that is more accessable to strollers and wheelchairs. I mean, the line at night for the tram for those non-collapsible strollers is just plain crazy! Just a couple random ideas. Have fun with the project!

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet
    Hmmm.. I'm not too into the all of the enigineering stuff.. truthfully, I'm a bad mather ;0) sooo... lets see. OH! how about a more comfortable over the sholder harness.. Like on Soarin... they really squish my yoo hoos and make riding painful esp. when we go upside down. I'm not even that busty either... Maybe?
    u go upside down on soarin???????????????

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Oh! I meant Screamin' !!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Banned User

Darn. There's plenty of problems at Disneyland. But I don't know if you could make something physical out of it.

If I were to design a project for Disneyland that would benefit and help out the park, I would find some way to minimize (or help move along) crowd flow.

The bottlenecking on Main Street during Remember...Dreams Come True is not only bad, its flat out dangerous. If someone had a heart attack in the middle of the Hub right smack during the show - they would literally be screwed.

Problems at Disneyland I can think of that perhaps you can use:

- Lack of proper lighting in some areas.
    - Disgusting state Rivers of America is in.
    - Haunted Mansion showing wear.
    - Indiana Jones disrepair.

It's just the fact you have to make something physical - that is where the problems arise in my eyes.

Maybe you could ask your teacher if there is any chance you could do something else besides making something physical.

However, in my honest opinion, I would just do something else besides Disneyland - save yourself a whole lot of trouble and headache trying to find something.

Have fun though, whatever you decide to do - sounds like a fun project!

(Not really - just trying to give you encouragement )

• Ok time for cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet
    The next big advance in ride vehicles will be a restraint system that will adjust to a wider range of body sizes. From the skinny kid that meets the height requirement but is not being held in, to the + sizes that lap bars will not close on ( and don't forget squished yoo hoo's). And it needs to adjust fast so as to not hold up loading.
    </IMG>
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.