Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

• Mexihick, y'all

Re: The Official 2006 College Football thread

They're saying he's gunning for a bowl appearance. Truly is sad about him, he's really been injury ridden.

• Huh?

I feel a bit alone at this time of year.

I mean, I live 15-20 minutes from the horseshoe. Yet, I have no idea who OSU is going to play this weekend. I never know who they're playing until after they won.

I've yet to even taste the Brutus Burger at Wendy's.

People ask me if I'm watching the game. I have to ask them which one to even know what they're talking about most of the time.

I'm a rather lonely and oblivious one in the city of the so far undefeated champions.
    -Tim

• Mexihick, y'all

I can't even bring myself to talk to you. How very embarassing.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I don't know what to make, of my UCLA Bruins. I'd like other opinions.

Is it a good sign that you take the Irish to the final minute in the shadows of Touchdown Jesus?

Or is it just another Karl Dorrell meltdown...80 yards in 3 plays....ouch. A tough loss for the Bruins, no matter how you slice it.

No joy in Chicago college football circles. Michigan State comes back from a 38-3 deficit, to beat Northwestern 41-38...shades of the Buffalo-Houston NFL playoff game a few years back...

And as for the Cal fan saying...bring on USC...might want to narrow the focus...you needed OT to beat Washington, at home.
    Keep your eyes on the game in front of you, or else the SC game won't mean much.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I guess all the college football fans around here are hibernating this weekend... Except for DisneyKat, with her photo thread from the Miami-Duke game.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Tui's Brother

I just cant wait until the Ohio St. and the Michigan game. It should be an awsome game and exciting game.

• Bruin Basketball Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I don't know what to make, of my UCLA Bruins. I'd like other opinions.

Is it a good sign that you take the Irish to the final minute in the shadows of Touchdown Jesus?

Or is it just another Karl Dorrell meltdown...80 yards in 3 plays....ouch. A tough loss for the Bruins, no matter how you slice it.

No joy in Chicago college football circles. Michigan State comes back from a 38-3 deficit, to beat Northwestern 41-38...shades of the Buffalo-Houston NFL playoff game a few years back...

And as for the Cal fan saying...bring on USC...might want to narrow the focus...you needed OT to beat Washington, at home.
    Keep your eyes on the game in front of you, or else the SC game won't mean much.

--Barry
    That was just brutal to see. I'm glad I didn't travel out there with to watch the game. Although I didn't have very high expectations going into the game, it was very heartbreaking to see us lose in the last 30 secs.

• Mexihick, y'all

Jesus, Nebraska should have beaten Texas!!! Too many turnovers cost them!

At least SDSU notched their first win against Air Force.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYfied View Post
    That was just brutal to see. I'm glad I didn't travel out there with to watch the game. Although I didn't have very high expectations going into the game, it was very heartbreaking to see us lose in the last 30 secs.
    How much longer before we decide that Karl Dorrell just isn't the man to take this program even back to the levels of the Bob Toledo days? or higher?

--Barry

• Mexihick, y'all

You guys are kidding, right? You just lost a very close game to a very good team. Great teams find a way to win, which Notre Dame did. There should be no shame in this loss, only positives and things to build upon for the coming years.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    You guys are kidding, right? You just lost a very close game to a very good team. Great teams find a way to win, which Notre Dame did. There should be no shame in this loss, only positives and things to build upon for the coming years.
    Point well taken. But Notre Dame is not exactly what I'd call a "great" team (yet at least). And it's not just about this particular game. The flip side to what you say is, "mediocre teams find a way to lose" as well.

And that's what my favorite college team is right now. Mediocre.

• Mexihick, y'all

Notre Dame is ranked 10/11, depending upon which poll you look at. Just hanging in there with them was an accomplishment in itself. Mediocre teams get spanked and thanked and sent back home. This did not happen. They need to identify what worked and continue on. And I hate UCLA.

• Tui's Brother

The Minnesota Gophers stink, they beat a D-1 Double A team, North Dakota St. 10-9.

Notre Dame is overrated this season, but usually very tough at home. Two of my great joys in college football are watching Notre Dame and USC lose, so I was deprived of that this weekend. But I'm still hopeful that someone will take out USC. What will be interesting is if Cal beats USC, and Pitt beats West Virginia, there could be quite a few one loss teams shooting for that 2nd spot in the BCS Championship against Ohio State or Michigan.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus View Post
    Notre Dame is overrated this season, but usually very tough at home. Two of my great joys in college football are watching Notre Dame and USC lose, so I was deprived of that this weekend.
    Notre Dame won, thanks to the Bruins meltdown in the final minutes ( the usual playing not-to-lose on their last offensive series, then the complete collapse of the defense)...and USC had the weekend off.

Okay, I'm backing off a bit on my previous post about the Bruins...Dorrell has made some progress...but this is his fourth year...and they'd better be at least competitive against USC this year.

--Barry

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast