Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Re: The Official 2006 College Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    there's something I didn't expect to see. Someone who roots for both teams. I will admit to rooting for Georgia Tech whenever they do not play Georgia.
    Well, after living in North Carolina, where they KNOW about rivalry, I can't get too worked up about Oregon teams.

My blood runs Carolina Blue, but I live in Oregon.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Hey, our blood runs Husker red, so were not strangers. All my hubby would need to hear is that you love the blackshirts
    Wiat a second...all I have to do is pledge my allegiance to the Cornhuskers and I get to stay at your house? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migo
    A team doesn't win championships behind one player. No, Texas will not repeat, but the WHOLE team deserved that championship.
    Sorry, without Vince Young, USC leaves the Rose Bowl with three in a row, and our FOTA folk here become all the more insufferable. Yes, it's a team effort, but in this case - no Vince Young, no hook em Horns title.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

There is a framed picture of my husband WITH Eric Crouch. We met him at an alumni event in Arizona and got him to sign our 2002 Rose Bowl tickets. Those are in a case with his Eric Crouch autographed Rose Bowl football.

Yes, our house is full of Husker crap. My old car had a bumper sticker on it that said "Nebraska Football Widow"

Quote Originally Posted by migo
    Is your house as big of a Nebraska shrine as mine? Jesus.
    He's got the beer opener, the blanket, all the games video taped...I'll find him watching a game from 4 years ago at like 3 in the morning. We had to get the NCAA college package on TV, just so he can watch them.

My friend gave us an autographed pic of Eric Crouch, too.

Then, of course, there's all the damn hats, t-shirts, jackets.....

UGH!!!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen

Yes, our house is full of Husker crap. My old car had a bumper sticker on it that said "Nebraska Football Widow"
    What else is there to do in Lincoln, Nebraska on a Saturday afternoon? Or any other time for that matter? Or Columbus, Ohio or Ann Arbor, Michian or College Station, Texas, or Happy Valley, etc...

Do you guys get excited when College GameDay (ESPN) comes to your campus?

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Island Paradise

Go USC!

(I'll be rootin' for Ole Miss, too. As we have a dear friend closely involved with that team, now. )

OK, this is my theory on USC and their national championship and why they were not back to back champions. The NCAA runs college football and it was decided, good idea or not, to create the BCS to determine college football's national champion. Every major conference agreed to this system, including the Pac-10, which includes USC. So the national champion is the winner of the BCS. Sure there are other polls, and the AP has more clout than some, but sportswriters are far from biased, which is why Notre Dame with 4 losses will be ranked higher in their poll than a school like Georgia Tech with 2 losses. There were three teams with one loss and maybe USC should have gone to the Sugar Bowl instead of Oklahoma, but they had the weakest schedule of the three teams and based on the criteria at the time, they were the odd team out. The sportswriters award was a gimme because they were left out, it's like the person who never wins an Oscar getting a Lifetime Achievement Award.

So the winners of the BCS in the last three years were LSU, USC and Texas. No back to back championships. It's the system USC agreed to.

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Sorry, without Vince Young, USC leaves the Rose Bowl with three in a row, and our FOTA folk here become all the more insufferable. Yes, it's a team effort, but in this case - no Vince Young, no hook em Horns title.

--Barry

IMO, that's a statement a football fan doesn't make. Vince Young does NOT make the team. Period. I'm sure there are a lot of young men on that Texas squad that are sick and tired of hearing that their efforts go un-noticed.

• Golden Girls Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    IMO, that's a statement a football fan doesn't make. Vince Young does NOT make the team. Period. I'm sure there are a lot of young men on that Texas squad that are sick and tired of hearing that their efforts go un-noticed.
    Bless you and your logic. I can appreciate and admire USC for the great team they were. Odd how some USC fans can't reciprocate for Texas.

Hook 'em.

• Colorful

Cool Re: The Official 2006 College Football thread

YAY IT'S HERE!!

Boston College playing Central Michigan on ESPN2...Yes I am such a nerd watching it. LOL If it's College football I'm watching it.

• Man O Lantern

We're going down to Eugene to watch the Oregon season opener against Stanford. Go Ducks!

We're going in a party limo with a bunch of other people, and it's all fully catered, the entire day. Sometimes I really love my life.

• Colorful

Cool Re: The Official 2006 College Football thread

Can I be you for a day? LOL That sounds so cool!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I did not mean to diminish the effort of the rest of the Texas team. It was a great team effort by the Longhorns. By the way, if watching 38 years of college football doesn't make me some kind of "fan"...well let's just say that we can have all different points of view.

And the Longhorns defense played well enough, and came up with the big stop when they had to.

Still, I stand by my original statement. And yes, I am a football fan.

-- Barry

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Among Southern California teams...USC visits Arkansas...this probably won't be a real test, but it will be interesting to see how the Trojans have re-loaded...

Utah at UCLA at the Rose Bowl...GO Bruins!!!

Last year, Karl Dorrell's team was 10-2. I think that UCLA will be a better team this year...and finish 8-4.
    (That was one of the worst 10-2 teams I've ever seen, especially on defense obviously, last year's Bruins )

September 2nd, and Halloween stuff's already in evidence...and a conference game in the Pac 10? Stanford at Oregon...

Cal at Tennessee should be interesting...and Washington State goes to Auburn. I remember what happened to the Tigers last time they hosted a Pac 10 team to start a season.

My guess is that they'll do a little better, this time.

Enjoy!!!

--Barry

Heading out tomorrow morning for the UCLA/Utah game. Not a big fan of either team, but really good seats, a tailgate party, and some damn football!

I'm starved!

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast