• Say no to Assimilation

Have you seen this commercial?

Go to http://www.slate.com/id/2148392/?GT1=8483 and click the video to see the new Ford commercial.
    What do you think?
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• up to no good

Talking Re: Have you seen this commercial?

I've seen this commercial and thought okay some how there sending a message to compare the story of the commercial to the kind of vehicle. It's a family car and the family is on an outing. And then towards the end it had me scratching my head.

So I just looked at the commercial again and I guess the bold statement is in reference to the mom being bold (strong) in having the father enjoy a family time or she could be saying ha sucker i got the car and kids....(J/K)

I don't know i'm still confused...

• Sock Puppet

Re: Have you seen this commercial?

No wonder their stock is in the toilet.

• Rat Patootie

I really don't know what to think about it...on one hand, it wanders from "traditional family values" advertising...on the other, it promotes to the single mother, or father...you can still be active alone? You can still share a family outing apart?

Either way, it's got people talking, and that's what commercials are out there for...negative publicity is still publicity...
    șoș.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
    ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
    (..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
    .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
    .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
    MySpace.com/JivinJonno

• there's always my way...

ummmmm, wierd (in Kronk voice)
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Man O Lantern

I've seen it several times the last week or so, and I really like it! I think it's kind of nice, it's not like it's advocating divorce, it's just showing a family that can get along after divorce. Doing the right thing for the kids.

The whole Bold Moves campaign has been like this...I know I've seen the other ads and they've all had the little twists like this one.

We've been supporting a friend of mine this summer through her divorce by watching the kids while she and her ex-to-be go to some of the mandatory parenting things, plus some legal appointments. They've having a hard time, it's really sucky, but they've gone on two family vacations this summer--a drive down to San Fran and a trip to Chicago. Bold moves indeed. As soon as we first saw the ad, my husband mentioned them....he liked the ad too.

• Rat Patootie

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I've seen it several times the last week or so, and I really like it! I think it's kind of nice, it's not like it's advocating divorce, it's just showing a family that can get along after divorce. Doing the right thing for the kids.

The whole Bold Moves campaign has been like this...I know I've seen the other ads and they've all had the little twists like this one.

We've been supporting a friend of mine this summer through her divorce by watching the kids while she and her ex-to-be go to some of the mandatory parenting things, plus some legal appointments. They've having a hard time, it's really sucky, but they've gone on two family vacations this summer--a drive down to San Fran and a trip to Chicago. Bold moves indeed. As soon as we first saw the ad, my husband mentioned them....he liked the ad too.
    You know, I really do have to agree with you...I don't think I would've seen it as such without reading your post or listening to Dr. Laura...so more than likely people that live in their happy world of never ending marriages and ignore the fact that divorce occurs, will probably never see it...but props to Ford...so far...haha...
    șoș.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
    ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
    (..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
    .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
    .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
    MySpace.com/JivinJonno

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I agree with Stink, the first time I saw it, my response was "wow that was different", but good different. It made me think "wish my parents would've been like that when they divorced". No negative feelings at all.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

This commercial makes me think of a line from You've Got Mail. It's when Tom Hanks says to Meg Ryan after they've explained the relationship between him and the 2 kids, "We are an American family".
    This commerical shows the right way to do divorce and to start to redefine "family". I love it!!

• DisneylandDan

Anything to sell a crackerbox suv. Im not much of a new car fan. Wouldnt be nice if familys of divorce were always like this. I guess there trying new ideas with comercials.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.