View Poll Results: Comic Books or Manga's???

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Comic Books more!

3 60.00%
  • I like Manga's (Graphic Novels) more!

2 40.00%

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Question Comic's vs Manga?

So do you like Comic Books or Manga's (Graphic Novels) More?
    I like Manga's more there's more action and less talking, plus Most (not all) manga's have more violance and Blood, Comic's are more PC...
    Plus Manga's are longer and I get bored reading most comic books (except for Spiderman and Xmen)
    But what do you think?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Comic's vs Manga?

While they are very different formats, I'm certainly going with comic books because I have been collecting DC Comics on and off for about 13 years.

Primarily, I collect Green Arrow comics, and have a run of the character's adventures going back to the 1960s/1970s. It is now getting more expensive to fill in the gaps!

Other comics I presently collect include Birds of Prey, Outsiders, Teen Titans, Green Lantern, Checkmate, 52, Justice League of America and too many others that I can't recall.

As far as manga is concerned, I have only read a handful of series. I picked up copies of Ranma 1/2 and Saiyuki recently, but that was mainly because I'd reviewed the subsequent anime series on DVDBits.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Princess of my own world

I like manga's because there's more to read than in a comic book.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Why are you making me choose, I like both.

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

I don't know if manga is all that different from American comic books, aside from stylistic aesthetics and cultural differences. If you think American comic books are too PC, start investing in Vertigo, Marvel Max, or indie titles.

Sure, there's more to read in a manga release, but over here it's jsut a collection of the most recent chapters. American comics have those, too. Unfortunately, American comics aren't released on a weekly basis in anthology books as big as a phone book for only 2 bucks a pop. We have a monthly, single story format which costs 3 bucks, but comes in higer quiality paper and in color. It's a trade-off.

I'm a fan of both American comics and manga. I can appreciate a good X-Men yarn and then switch right on over to something like Evangelion. I'm just not so certain a line needs to be drawn between the two genres. In the end, they're both sequential art.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!