Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: I'm so disgusted I can't even believe it.

Oh my god
    Thats terrible, you should of called the police, thats planning to commit a rape.
    You did a good job though handleing the situation and i can tell you are a great friend to misty

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Thank you all .

I've calmed down considerably and told Misty what's up. Naturally she was just as pissed as I was and has since cut out all communication with this guy and her brother is planning a vendetta against him (and he is one person you certainly do NOT want to cross).

Thanks again guys, this is why I love Mice Chat .

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Misty's luck to have such a great friend but
    OMG that guys is a total dillhole!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• The Unknown Princess

I'm glad she has a friend that is watching out for her like you are.

Does MSN have transcripts of the chat? I know Yahoo and Google Talk you can keep transcripts. If it does, keep it and don't delete it. I also think that you should talk to an adult you trust if not the police. Let them know what is being said and the danger that Misty may be in.

Mental trauma of the attempted rape can and may manifest at anytime. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder is very common for rape survivors and attempted rape survivors. It is also hard for a female who has gone through that sort of thing to trust. Please be a good friend (as you have already shown) and just listen. If she starts crying, just let her cry. Don't try to hug her because she may not accept it. Be gentle and be safe. PM me if you need to talk or if you just need to vent.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• I'm your huckleberry.

Good for you for being a good friend!

Has Misty talked to her parents about what happened to her? I know it would be very very difficult, but it is important that she does. It sounds like she could use some counseling, and her parents can help her get that. Please encourage her to do so, it would be one of the best things you can do for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Nice job, Splash. Misty is very lucky to have you as a friend.

Hey...um...my daughter will be 18 in about 5 years. Maybe you should go to a university down here. You'd make a great son in law. (Hint hint)

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    And this is why I have no faith in a big portion of humanity...

Let's not be overly dramatic. A horny, idotic teenager doesn't force me to throw in the towel on all of humanity.

The guy is a total tool, and needs to be put in his place.

I hope your friend received counseling after her sexual assault. It would be very helpful for her to process what happened to her.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee View Post
    think that you should talk to an adult you trust if not the police. Let them know what is being said and the danger that Misty may be in.

The police aren't really a good fit in this case, since no crime has been threatened, etc. I DO hope she contacted the police for her sexual assault, but I am betting she didn't. It is common for sexual assault survivors to try and bury the incident.

Dizzy brings up some great points about Misty. She is very vulnerable right now, and she really needs to keep good boundaries up. Without professional counseling, she could engage in some very negative behaviors that could set her back a great deal.

What the poop?! What is wrong with men?! I just don't understand this "need" that men have to "play" with someone and then just "dispose" of them. I guess I'm not a real guy, because I've never had that need. Good for you for sticking up to Misty, you are a true gentleman (something that's, unfortunately, very rare nowadays).
    Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Well, she had already talked to me and her parents about the Shawny situation months ago. She has had proffesional counselling and has put the situation behind her; hopefully, thats just what she's told us. Unfortunately this might cause another setback, I've spent most of the day today talking to her about it.

And LDF I would be glad to meet your daughter .

Thank you all for your help and advice, I really appreciate it. Mice Chat is a truly wonderful place, I love ya'll

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak View Post
    "Ok, dude, i thought you'd understand more. i mean you're a guy, you know what it's like. just let me have her for a few weeks... i need a play toy"

Rant over.
    Huh? and WTF! What is WRONG with teens! If I EVER heard my son talk like that I would beat him into next week! SO disrespectful! I'm sorry you had to read this. And I hope she steers clear from him.

• love my friends

man i would be so pissed off as well.. you are such a good friend to her... she is so lucky to have you as a friend..

I hope this guy stays away from her...

I would even call the police (or RCMP)... i dont know if they could do anything at this point as my brothers a RCMP.. and i remmber him telling me once.. a crime has to be committed first.. but maybe mention it to them so they ahve it on record...

Friends for life

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

what is wrong with some people, everythings always about what they want, and not about others, what they need, what they feel, people just don't care. Give us his msn and we'll give him a good talking

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by DizneeFanatico View Post
    What the poop?! What is wrong with men?! I just don't understand this "need" that men have to "play" with someone and then just "dispose" of them.
    Men aren't the only ones to behave like this...

</double standard>
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

She's lucky to have a friend like you, and you show a great deal of maturity. Unfortunatly I was a jerk like that guy when I was a teen male, and should have been kicked in the goin a time or two, but now God is having the last laugh as I am the father of four daughters, so my prespective is very differant now.

Where were guys like you when I was young? More importantly where will guys like you be when my daughters start dating?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast