Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• most magical vaca ever

Talking DMof2 Family Hershey Park~Dutch Wonderland Trip Report

Hey everyone just thought I'd post a trip report with pics of my family's trip last week to Hershey Park and Dutch Wonderland in Pennsylvania.

Resort Sign

Main Lobby

Day 1

Arrive at the Eden Resort Inn, we arrived 3 hours prior to check in time so we pre-registered at the front desk. Since our room wasn't going to be ready we took a ride around town to find out where the local grocery store was and to get familiar with the area. Only 3 miles away was a super WalMart and Target. At 3 o'clock we went back to the resort and got the keys to our 2 room suite. Of course the elevator we needed to use was out of service so we had to lug our stuff to the main lobbies elevator and do a bit more walking but no complaints since the elevator was being fixed

Opened the door to our room and we were in heaven. We are on a tight budget and are used to having a one room with two double bed type hotel room when we go away so to our surprise having a 2 room suite was exactly what it is called- SWEET!!!!

The living room area had a sleeper sofa (double) and a 42" plasma tv (kids were elated with joy). Between our living room and bedroom was a very nice vanity area which also had a refrigerator and microwave area. Then the bedroom had a king size bed a lounge chair and another 42" plasma tv that my husband cried over when it was time to leave. The bathroom was all marble with a shower that sprayed in every direction.... very nice! All the soaps and shampoos were from bath and body works I now have a nice little collection in my bathroom

After we got ourselves situated we met up with my sister and her family (who were also staying at the same resort) and went to dinner at the one restaurant in the resort called Garfield's. It was a really great place to hang out and had a great buffet and entrees on their menu.

After dinner we went back to our room to get plenty of rest for our trip to Hershey Park the next day.

Here are some more pics from the hotel...

Waterfall in the Courtyard area

Going to start Day 2 in a bit
    ~~~~~~

• most magical vaca ever

Re: DMof2 Family Hershey Park~Dutch Wonderland Trip Report

Day 2

Woke up at 7am and went to the resorts breakfast buffet. We met up with friends of ours and my sisters family and had a very pleasant breakfast. We all then started off our day at Hershey Park which was about 20 miles from our resort.

We arrive at Hershey Park

The kids were happy to meet a real Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

As soon as we entered the park there were several very cute gift shops.
    and a character meeting area. We then went into an area with a lot of kiddie type rides and one roller coaster called the Comet which my son and my friends niece absolutely loved.

We then headed over to the newest park attraction, Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge. This ride is like the Buzz ride in Disney. From the pics you can see what I mean. Each set of cars are divided into Team Chocolate and Team Peanut Butter, throughout the ride you have to shoot for points to see what team wins. I was on team chocolate and we WON

The wait for this ride was about 20 minutes, not too bad but the ride was VERY short!

We then headed over to the parks Monorail System.... again, this was a nice fix for me who is totally missing Disney World

That's some of the views from the monorail ride... If you look closely you will see that the street lights in the town of Hershey, PA are shaped as Hershey Kisses.

Went on the Ferris Wheel and saw some views from way up top.

This is whats in the works for the 2007 season (Hershey's 100th Year)

The kids got drenched from the Tidal Zone ride and loved every minute of it

We then went on the train ride and saw a few sites...

<-- Snake squirted water right at Mr DMof2

To Be Continued.....
    ~~~~~~

• For You!

What a beautiful hotel! I agree with you - talk about sweet! One day I'll get there. So far it looks like a really fun place - although the giant peanut butter cup actually looks a little creepy!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• most magical vaca ever

DMof2 gets a big hug from the Hershey Nutrageous character
    Mr. DMof2 wasn't too happy

Another Meet & Greet area

We then headed off to the Kissing Tower

View of the Hershey's Chocolate Factory from the Kissing Tower

We enjoyed the Kissing Tower Ride so much we went on about 5 times. It was also air conditioned so that had a lot to do with it My sister kept telling the ride operators to not let Mr DMof2 and me on anymore because we wouldn't stop kissing in front of the children

After a few more rides it was getting close to 8pm so we left the park and headed over to Chocolate World which is just outside the park.

Yes... to be continued.

Last edited by DMof2; 09-03-2006 at 03:30 PM.
    ~~~~~~

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    What a beautiful hotel! I agree with you - talk about sweet! One day I'll get there. So far it looks like a really fun place - although the giant peanut butter cup actually looks a little creepy!

LoL Well, being the CHOCOLATE lover I am- I was not afraid at all
    ~~~~~~

• Delawarean Girl

Nice Pictures DMof2. But did you get any of Dutch Wonderland? I have been to both. Hershey only twice. But I have been to Dutch Wonderland countless of times.

• most magical vaca ever

This is a tee shirt that I just had to take a pic of
    ~~~~~~

• Happy 2007!

Looks like you had a great trip. Can't wait to see the rest!

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Nice Pictures DMof2. But did you get any of Dutch Wonderland? I have been to both. Hershey only twice. But I have been to Dutch Wonderland countless of times.

Oh yes, I have TONS of DWonderland pics to come

We went there on Day 4

I absolutely LOVE it there and we are considering getting season passes next year
    ~~~~~~

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2 View Post
    Oh yes, I have TONS of DWonderland pics to come

We went there on Day 4

I absolutely LOVE it there and we are considering getting season passes next year
    That's good. I do think Dutch Wonderland is pretty cute. The Flume ride was my favorite. I also liked the around the world boat,the windmill ride,& That upside house. Oh, the upside house is funny.

I hope you got fudge on your way out. There fudge is very good.

• most magical vaca ever

Chocolate World

Chocolate World is another place where you can easily drop another $200 during your Hershey Park Trip Inside there is a "Chocolate Tour" which is free but it then leads you into the MECCA of all Hershey merchandise. There is also a 3D movie you can see ($6 adults $4 children) We skipped it since it was getting late. There is also a candy factory where kids can make their own chocolates (costs $15) we skipped that too since we were too busy looking at what we wanted to buy. Then there is a WONDERFUL Cafe as well, Mmmm Mmm mmm the treats for sale were just amazing. We purchased 4 cupcakes (3 chocolate/chocolate and 1 chocolate/PButter) They were each $1.75 and worth EVERY penny!!!

Around 9:30 pm we were all aching with pain and headed over to the tramm stop to get back to our cars. We had the pain in our feet that you experience in the Disney Parks

Here are some pics....

Our Family photo that would have cost $21.96
    Last edited by DMof2; 09-03-2006 at 04:02 PM.
    ~~~~~~

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    That's good. I do think Dutch Wonderland is pretty cute. The Flume ride was my favorite. I also liked the around the world boat,the windmill ride,& That upside house. Oh, the upside house is funny.

I hope you got fudge on your way out. There fudge is very good.

Mmmmm Fudge

Everytime my son saw free samples he'd run
    ~~~~~~

• most magical vaca ever

Well, having some issues w/posting pics right now so I think I'll have to continue later on.

Thanks for looking and posting
    ~~~~~~

• Banned User

WOW wonderful report, I loved it!! and I missed you so much Kalli My eyes could not see some of the pictures ( not sure whats up with my eyes ) but I can not beleive how cool this all sounded. Did the park smell lke choclate? I figured they would pump choclate smell in

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    WOW wonderful report, I loved it!! and I missed you so much Kalli My eyes could not see some of the pictures ( not sure whats up with my eyes ) but I can not beleive how cool this all sounded. Did the park smell lke choclate? I figured they would pump choclate smell in

Yes, in certain areas you can smell chocolate

I forgot to mention that when you are walking off some of the rides they have Hershey Employees handing out FREE chocolates
    ~~~~~~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast