Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122

• WARNING!

Re: NFL 2006 - The Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Boo-hiss on the Patriots involved in that stupid, classless taunting at the end of the game. Totally unnecessary IMHO. And boo-hiss to the normally classy LT for taking a shot at Bellicheck in the post game.
    Stupid... classless???... It wasn't the Patriots who announced last week the route of their Superbowl parade. New England stayed pretty quite leading up the Sunday's game while San Deigo was announcing their plans beyond.

As far as the dance goes... They just won the game. Sorry if it took place in California.

A lot of people seem to have little respect for Belichick. All I've seen of him is 3 Superbowl wins in 4 years. The guy runs a tight ship and demands that ALL of his players are well prepaired and versatile. He makes smart decisions and always keeps his team in the game 'till the end. He finds ways to win even in the face of injuries and poor performances. Troy Brown played a lot of defence the last 2 years because of necessity. It was Belichick's style to make is players more than just one-dimesional. It sure comes in handy at the end of the season.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'm sick of LT griping about the Patriots celebrating their win- the Chargers would have done the same!

• Mexihick, y'all

I think the Chargers would no doubt celebrate. I don't think they would have gone onto their center helmet and mocked a dance their player does. LT is typically a reserved, smart, classy player. This must have really ticked him off.

I am from San Diego, I listen to the sportscasts, and I have NEVER heard of them making plans for a Super Bowl parade, or even heard mention of them taking things other than ONE GAME AT A TIME.

• Mexihick, y'all

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    NOOOOOO!!!

He's CURSED, I tell you! He's like the Black Pearl of football!! He's the undead coach who will never make it to the Superbowl because he stole some nachos from a voo doo priestess back in the 80's!!

It's the ONLY rational explanation for what happened last Sunday.

And for what happened in 2004.

And for what happened in Cleaveland.

And for what happened in Denver.

Mark my words.

Are you listening Alex Spanos???

The man is CURSED!

CURSED! CURSED! CURSED!

AND I AM NOT HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!

(Um....anyone have an ativan I could borrow?)

• Mexihick, y'all

Marty is the best and only option that we have right now. The man himself may be cursed or not destined to make it, but he's taken this team from nothing and made it into something. I say give him his year. He won't return after that, unless he wins. I like him, I like what he's done, but Sunday was not his fault.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Marty is the best and only option that we have right now. The man himself may be cursed or not destined to make it, but he's taken this team from nothing and made it into something. I say give him his year. He won't return after that, unless he wins. I like him, I like what he's done, but Sunday was not his fault.
    Unless you count the two blown timeouts, not using enough of LT and Turner in the second half, and not taking the field goal in the first half.

But other than that, no...it was not his fault.

It was....

THE CURSE!

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Unless you count the two blown timeouts, not using enough of LT and Turner in the second half, and not taking the field goal in the first half.

But other than that, no...it was not his fault.

It was....

THE CURSE!

Not using LT enough = Cam Cameron
    Turner wouldn't do smack.

Blame the players.

Like I have said many times...he boned up on the field goal. However, after reviewing...he was at the 30, making it a 47+ yard field goal. He saw no benefit in punting it...if it goes out of bounds, they're back at the 20. No real difference there. Kaeding needs to go, for his inability to kick the long yardage ball.

Eric Parker. C'mon man, learn how to catch. Pee wee football players could have caught those balls. What about the muffed punt? Fall on the damn ball or run away from it.

McCree. Bush league. Catch it fall down go boom, or bat it away. Stop trying to be the play maker.

Florence. The ball is ours, you just gave it back to them with your head butt, you moron.

I could go on and on and on, but there is no better coach out there that could continue to take this team down the road it's on. I would rather take my chances with Marty after coming off a 14-2 season, then bring in someone new, possibly unproven, and see how they could improve that record for the next season.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Congratulations to Mr. Cameron as he leaves San Diego to become the next head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

And USC assistant Steve Sarkisian is the latest to reject the temptation to be Al Davis' lapdog in Oakland.

My picks for the weekend...New Orleans and the Colts.

Should be more fun.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Not using LT enough = Cam Cameron
    Turner wouldn't do smack.

Blame the players.

Like I have said many times...he boned up on the field goal. However, after reviewing...he was at the 30, making it a 47+ yard field goal. He saw no benefit in punting it...if it goes out of bounds, they're back at the 20. No real difference there. Kaeding needs to go, for his inability to kick the long yardage ball.

Eric Parker. C'mon man, learn how to catch. Pee wee football players could have caught those balls. What about the muffed punt? Fall on the damn ball or run away from it.

McCree. Bush league. Catch it fall down go boom, or bat it away. Stop trying to be the play maker.

Florence. The ball is ours, you just gave it back to them with your head butt, you moron.

I could go on and on and on, but there is no better coach out there that could continue to take this team down the road it's on. I would rather take my chances with Marty after coming off a 14-2 season, then bring in someone new, possibly unproven, and see how they could improve that record for the next season.
    *sigh*

I guess it wasn't ALL Marty's fault, even with his curse. Dead on with "No Hands" Parker, McCree, and Florence.

But Kaeding?

The kid was money ALL YEAR. I will grant you that he CHOKED in 04 when he missed that chip shot in the rain. But his longest is what? 56? To miss a 54 yarder under pressure, I don't blame him. Vinateri would have made it, and maybe a couple of others. But it WAS Marty's fault for wasting those two timeouts at the end. Stop the clock, and Rivers gets them down to the 20...or into the endzone.

I just hope they can keep the 14-2 momentum next year. It's always been a tough division. I really thought they were going to do it this year.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122