Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Re: NFL 2006 - The Official Thread

^ because smith may just be the worst draft pick in the history of man kind

and yes i do remember ryan leaf

what they SHOULD have done (and i was saying this b4 they even drafted smith so i dont wanna hear anything about hindsight) is draft one of the 3 running backs who went early in that draft (williams, benson, or brown) OR trade down one or 2 spots and take braylon edwards.

the niners have waaayyy too many holes to be thinking that a quarterback will be their saving grace right away. they needed to provide a quarterback with weapons or a safety net in a good run game so that he even had a chance of being successful.

so as i said, take one of the running backs in 05 instead of smith and then take lienart (spl?) in this draft (yes i do see lienart becoming a better pro quarterback than young)

now THAT wouldve been moving in the right direction for the niners. but noooooo, they screwed that one up and took smith, who they'll now be sattled w/ for years because they wont wanna admit that they blew it. at least vernon davis is a good pick up for them. im still undecided about lawson.......
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Anybody who is playing the Raiders is my favorite team ... at least for 3 hours.

LMAO!!! 27-0!!!! Take that Raider Nation!!!
    Could not agree more. With Art Shell coaching, bed and breakfast guy running the offense...what, they couldn't talk Daryle Lamonica out of retirement to play quarterback?

The game passed Al Davis by, years ago...

By the way, reading the comments about the Chargers and Rivers and Tomlinson, (LT still means Lawrence Taylor to me)...I am reminded of the 1985 L.A. Rams...who had a stiff of a quarterback, Dieter Brock - and on seemingly every play, handed off to number 29 - Eric Dickerson.

Very predictable offense. They did win the NFC West at 12-4, and made it to the NFC title game...losing to the Bears...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

^^ I don't think Smith will be THAT bad. He had a good pre-season and a good first game. I hope he will continue to improve. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

And Barry ... that's Da Bears!!!

• Mexihick, y'all

I was listening to 1090 yesterday morning and they were echoing the whole Ben R. sentiment...about playing it safe and easy. They also mentioned that the Raiders are such a bad ball club, why tip your whole Rivers card on a crappy team? Why give other teams more game film to analyze. I can see both sides, but I think the kid should have still been given a few more short outs to get his confidence up.

You guys see him talking smack to Sapp? Now THAT was funny stuff!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Marty better pull his head out of his *** and stop playing LT into the ground. While I agree with letting Rivers learn and get the flow of a full time regular season game on a Monday night...handing the ball to LT each and every damn play was not good.
    YES. Wholeheartedly agree. Doing that every play gets predictable - the defense could easily guess where the ball was going to go (how effective they are at stopping it is a whole other story). Now, that gives you the element of surprise when you go elsewhere, but ultimately the trade-off really isn't worth it. And it makes for a really boring game to watch. My whole family went to bed halfway through that one.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Mexihick, y'all

BONUS! Just won my ebay bid...two tickets to this Sunday's game vs. Tenn. for 51 dollars!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Nice!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    You guys see him talking smack to Sapp? Now THAT was funny stuff!

I DID see that. Now there's a kid with a death wish....

Very jealous about the tickets, by the way....

• Mexihick, y'all

Yeah, couldn't believe it! All the others on ebay are going for what you would expect them to go for. I just happened to run into this one...it was 31 dollars up until the last minute (seriously) when someone tried to jump in and make a pass at them.

Can't beat two tickets for 51 when they would have been, what, 160?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

HEY!!! What's wrong with my Dolphins??? We FINALLY got a Quarterback. FINALLY!!! Something might actually happen this season. Something besides them sucking.

Mr coaster...see, I KNEW you had taste. I'm a Dolphins fans, Hubby's a BUCs fan....we're a mixed marriage. Haha..you can come over and watch the games anytime....no Raiders, GreenBay, Cowboys or Saints fans allowed.

Not sure about Saban....I was excited last year, cause I'm from Louisiana...so, hey, the LSU coach is coaching my team now..yeah!! But, not so sure now...he just kinda hits me as lost.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Everybody's favorite linebacker...THREE times the legal limit. And this was at least his FIFTH trip to the slammer. The Chargers need to dump this guy if he can't get the alcholism under control.

Foley's blood alcohol level 0.233 percent when shot
    Associated Press

SAN DIEGO -- Chargers linebacker Steve Foley had a blood-alcohol level of 0.233 percent, nearly three times California's legal limit of 0.08 percent, when he was shot Sept. 3 outside his home.

Foley
    Prosecutors on Thursday noted the level in an affidavit for a search warrant as they requested a blood sample from Foley on suspicion that he was using performance-enhancing drugs when he was shot and seriously wounded by an off-duty police officer.

Authorities have no evidence that Foley was using performance-enhancing drugs but want to test his blood because the linebacker has had previous run-ins with law enforcement, according to the affidavit

Investigators have already asked prosecutors to charge Foley with misdemeanor drunken driving.

"His history of aggressive and even violent contact with law enforcement indicates the possibility of more than mere alcohol involvement," wrote criminal investigator Dan Nordell. "[Steroids] can cause erratic behavior in those that use them. This has been given names like 'roid rage for the uncontrollable outbursts and violence experienced by some users."

Foley's attorney, John G. Phillips, refused to comment on the affidavit. His agent, David Levine, also declined to comment.

"I have no comment about whatever they're doing," Levine said. "That's not going to be my part in this."

Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer said after a team practice that he also had nothing to say about Foley's condition or the investigation.

"I'm not given to making pronouncements, particularly in matters of that nature," he said.

Representatives for the Chargers also declined to comment, citing the "sensitive nature" of the investigation, but the team issued a brief statement: "The Chargers hope that everyone will wait until all of the facts are revealed and not rush to judgment."

Authorities are seeking the blood sample from Sharp Memorial Hospital, where Foley was reported in fair condition earlier this week.

Foley was shot three times -- twice in the back of the left leg and once on the outside of the left thigh -- by an off-duty Coronado police officer near his home in suburban Poway. San Diego County sheriff's officials said the officer followed Foley's car on suspicion that the driver was drunk.

According to the sheriff's department, Foley got out of the car and began walking toward the officer, who said he was armed and fired a warning shot. The officer shot Foley after the linebacker reached into his pants with his right hand.

The officer, Aaron Mansker, has been placed on paid administrative leave.

The NFL tests players for performance-enhancing drugs, although there are no reliable tests for human growth hormone. Players are randomly selected for testing and can be tested during the offseason.

In 2000, Foley told Cincinnati reporters he was in the NFL's alcohol rehab program after getting a DUI the previous year.

Since 1999, Foley has been arrested at least five times, including cases that police say involved alcohol and confrontations with officers, The San Diego Union-Tribune has reported.

In April, he was arrested for investigation of resisting arrest after police said he scuffled with officers. He also was booked for investigation of battery on a police officer and public drunkenness, but the district attorney's office decided there wasn't enough evidence to bring charges in that case.

Before that, Foley pleaded guilty to drunken driving in Louisiana in 1999 and received probation.

• Circle of Ancients

3-times!!!! That's alot of boozin'.

Did you see the Bills Pats game? Bills were winning 3 outa 4 quarters! Bills showing promise again. GOO BILLLSS!!!

and they call it bella notte....

• Monorail Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    HEY!!! What's wrong with my Dolphins??? We FINALLY got a Quarterback. FINALLY!!! Something might actually happen this season. Something besides them sucking.

Mr coaster...see, I KNEW you had taste. I'm a Dolphins fans, Hubby's a BUCs fan....we're a mixed marriage. Haha..you can come over and watch the games anytime....no Raiders, GreenBay, Cowboys or Saints fans allowed.

Not sure about Saban....I was excited last year, cause I'm from Louisiana...so, hey, the LSU coach is coaching my team now..yeah!! But, not so sure now...he just kinda hits me as lost.
    You got a deal. Grew up in Miami, so I always loved the Dolphins and when Tampa got a team (my aunt lived there), I was too happy to adopt them, too. I suffered a lot in the 70s wearing my Bucs jersey to school.

I wasn't sure I would be able to watch games tomorrow, but my day may end early and I should be able to watch most of the day's games in my hotel room. Not sure what games I'll be getting, but I'll get to watch something. Hope Miami and Tampa can both rebound. Simms can't possibly play that bad again.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Monorail Racer

Boy, things sure stink for my teams. The Bucs laid another egg this week. Simms threw for decent yardage, but had another three INTs. Ouch! To make things worse, I started Culpepper over Vick on my MC fantasy team and Vick ran for a ton of yards. The Dolphins struggled again and Culpepper was running for his life.

I did get to watch a bit of a comedy today. It was called Lions vs. Bears. The Lions are always good for a few laughs. I wonder if Roy Williams is going to try to tell us how stupid close they were to scoring 40 points again! They might actually hit 40 points in another three weeks or so...
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast