Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Starbucks sued for $114 Million over recalled coupon

Where's Froggy? Do they have a case?

And what if they win this class action lawsuit? What do you win? A paper cup?
    This lawyer, on the other hand, can pay off his estate in the Hamptons on this one....

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Do you feel as appalled as I do that people can actually sue for gobs of money over something that essentially cost under 2 bucks?

Doesn't seem fair to me at all.
    Dude it's more like 4 bucks. But in all fairness here, they did say to forward it to "friends and family." If they didn't specify a limit on how many, then how can they refuse the coupons? Some people have over 100 friends. Doesn't mean they are coffee addicts, but that it's nice to have a coffee once in a while, and even better when it's a free one. I think it's unjust that Starbucks, who makes like millions daily, can't just honor the darn coupons.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Senior Minion

At a Starbucks locally it was posted not only at the door, but at the registers that the coupon would not be honored and all the info.
    This lawsuit is ridiculous.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

This is just pathetic.

It's a $3 cup of iced calories anyway. They don't need it. And if they really do, then I'm sure they could have dished out the $3, especially if they're a "regular"

This lawsuit is an embarrassment. ugh.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    At a Starbucks locally it was posted not only at the door, but at the registers that the coupon would not be honored and all the info.
    This lawsuit is ridiculous.
    Ours had tasteful signs all over the place the day it hit the news.

Someone sued Starbucks recently because she spilled coffee on her foot and burned it. I call it Natural Selection. If you can't handle the heat, don't order coffee, people. It's not rocket science.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Ours had tasteful signs all over the place the day it hit the news.

Someone sued Starbucks recently because she spilled coffee on her foot and burned it. I call it Natural Selection. If you can't handle the heat, don't order coffee, people. It's not rocket science.
    With as much coffee I buy at Starbuck's (I would rather buy from Peet's) I should own stock in the company. Sounds like Starbucks went through a Mcdonald's type Lawsuit. Frivolous.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    With as much coffee I buy at Starbuck's (I would rather buy from Peet's) I should own stock in the company.
    Ditto. Why don't we own stock in the company? MiceChatters should get together and just buy a nice chunk of Starbucks.

• Hooterville, USA

This one makes my head hurt!

Wait, is that sue worthy?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

My local starbucks gives me free drinks all the time.. the key is to make friends with the people that work there.

• Long live the Fire Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Do you feel as appalled as I do that people can actually sue for gobs of money over something that essentially cost under 2 bucks?

Doesn't seem fair to me at all.
    Well, I'm sure the lawyer is suing on behalf of all the people that didn't get to use the coupon. All you'll have to do is say you wanted to, and you win whetever they settle on. Most likely: a free cup of coffee. It's like the time the guy sued Netflix, the comapny lost millions (a few dollars per company), but he didn't get it all.

Remember when pretty much the same thing happened at Wendy's? They didn't bother putting up signs, they just sucked it up, and gave people their free frosty.
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Where's Froggy? Do they have a case?

And what if they win this class action lawsuit? What do you win? A paper cup?
    This lawyer, on the other hand, can pay off his estate in the Hamptons on this one....
    Ha! I'm sorry, I'm too busy checking my briefs to review this case. Plus I need coffee. Wish I could come up with a way to get my coffee paid for life... hmm.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Stay away from balm
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Count me in for agreeing on the principle: A coupon is just that, a coupon. If you are going to allow employess to circulate it, then just plan on giving everyone a free one that day. In a way, I do agree with the idea of the lawsuit.

However, $114 Million!? That's a little too extreme for my case.
    -Monorail Man

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: Starbucks sued for $114 Million over recalled coupon

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Count me in for agreeing on the principle: A coupon is just that, a coupon. If you are going to allow employess to circulate it, then just plan on giving everyone a free one that day. In a way, I do agree with the idea of the lawsuit.

However, $114 Million!? That's a little too extreme for my case.
    Maybe a years worth of free Starbucks....but 114million is quite over the top. I agree.

• Rat Patootie

If I remember correctly, the coupon was simply for a free tall (maybe grande) iced coffee...that was it...that drink is under three dollars...

The problem was, and I can't believe that Starbucks didn't think about this, that people were printing multiple copies...friends and family of the partners were forwarding it on to their friends and family...

Starbucks doesn't have an issue with free drinks, in fact, they sent out tons of things for free tangerine and pomegranite fruit juice blends...rather than e.mails though, they sent out postcards...smarter...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...once Starbucks realized how out of hand this was getting, they voided the coupons...and if you read /any/ coupon offered, it usually reads something like this...

"One coupon per purchase. Good only on product indicated. Void if sold, exchanged, transferred or reproduced (including by electronic, photographic, digital or other means in any media)"

Not only do I believe that the law suit is a load of crap (as most are), but I think that Starbucks was well within their rights...
    șoș.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
    ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
    (..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
    .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
    .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
    MySpace.com/JivinJonno

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast