• Banned User

the park meets do many other boards meet on Sundays in the park to?

I got to thinking, I have not heard of other boards meeting at the hub. do they and if so do you all meet with them? The meet pics are something I look forward to each time some one posts them. But I am not sure if I ever saw anyone from another board, or maybe I have , I just did not know they were from another board. I know Darkbeer, and Deoggsmom are on several boards so I have met them ( and enjoyed my time with them very much) so who else is from other boards who come to meet micechat ?

• done

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    I got to thinking, I have not heard of other boards meeting at the hub. ... so who else is from other boards who come to meet micechat ?
    Well, people who come to the noon meet aren't necessarily there to meet people from micechat. Micechat happens to have their meets at the same time and place as the regular noon meet. The noon meet has been going on for a long time, before any of the Disney-related websites existed, and people from the "old days" know that the normal meet is noon at the hub. I have friends who don't participate on any boards but still know to go to the hub at noon.

• no flash photography...

Re: the park meets do many other boards meet on Sundays in the park to?

I know there used to be another meeting place in the park...not sure of the time, but it wasn't at the hub.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I know there used to be another meeting place in the park...not sure of the time, but it wasn't at the hub.
    Maybe you're thinking of rainy day meets? On rainy days, instead of meeting at the hub, we'd meet at Coke Corner since it's covered.

When we used to have a dinner meet, the meeting place was also Coke Corner.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of rainy day meets? On rainy days, instead of meeting at the hub, we'd meet at Coke Corner since it's covered.

When we used to have a dinner meet, the meeting place was also Coke Corner.
    no I'm thinking of another board i used to visit who would meet int he parks on sunday, btu not in the hub.

• Neep meep beep

I think at least one other board also meets at noon at the hub on sundays, but I'm not sure that anyone attends - at least not nearly as many as Micechat, I'm certain.

• Banned User

Visions Fantastic's Meet Spot is at the Pay phones, near the pizza port rocket at the innoventions exit.

Its a good spot because it is away from the crowds and you can spot people easier from the site. On July 17th 2006, i had a hard time finding Micechat until MissCristine came up to me.

• done

no I'm thinking of another board i used to visit who would meet int he parks on sunday, btu not in the hub.
    I know of another board that used to have meets at Fantasia Gardens around 3pm or 4pm.

As I said, other boards might have meets at various places and times. But the noon meet is the noon meet and doesn't belong to any particular board.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    As I said, other boards might have meets at various places and times. But the noon meet is the noon meet and doesn't belong to any particular board.
    It is, however, primarily MiceChat. First it was a general type meet (Alt.disney.disneyland meet). Then it was primarily a Mouseplanet meet. Then it became primarily MC.

Other boards set up their own meets on a quasi-regular basis, but nothing like the noon meets in the hub every Sunday.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    It is, however, primarily MiceChat. First it was a general type meet (Alt.disney.disneyland meet). Then it was primarily a Mouseplanet meet. Then it became primarily MC.

Other boards set up their own meets on a quasi-regular basis, but nothing like the noon meets in the hub every Sunday.
    hmm.... so wherever Al goes, we go....
    (Thinks of history...) sounds right....

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    First it was a general type meet (Alt.disney.disneyland meet). Then it was primarily a Mouseplanet meet. Then it became primarily MC.
    Ummm, yeah, thanks for the walk down memory lane. Don't need the history lesson since I was there for it.

Yep, *who* attends the meet has changed over the years. Who it "belongs" to hasn't.

• Circle of Ancients

I know Laughingplace used to meet in Fantasia gardens, but I haven't posted there in awhile.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I know Laughingplace used to meet in Fantasia gardens, but I haven't posted there in awhile.
    That was only for the July 17th meet when there wasn't a bigger, dinner-included meet going on. LP doesn't have regular meets.