• Circle of Ancients

TSA to lighten requirements for carry-on liquids on flights.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8KBU2080.html

Basically you can buy liquids in the airport stores and take them on the planes now. You can also take on Lip Gloss and Lotions in your carry-on now. Hopefully this included eye-drops. Those products will be put in clear plastic bags at the checkpoint, screened and returned to the passenger if they pass screening.

This is going to be very helpful!!!

• Banned User

Re: TSA to lighten requirements for carry-on liquids on flights.

wow so you mean I can now take my shampoo and such on the plane with me and not have to have it checked?

• Just Me

Clarification:

You may bring on travel sized (3 oz. or less) toiletries and things like lotion and sanitizing gel. As much as will fit in ONE quart-sized zip-top plastic bag, I'm assuming we supply our own bags. At the security checkpoint, you must pull out the plastic bag of toiletries and put it through the x-ray machine so it can be scanned separately.

Also, drinks may now be brought on board, but only those purchased at airport stores after you clear security.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

• xmanmom

Yay! Just in time for all my flights in the next two weeks! I can have my lip gloss and water!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Leno joked on his show last night about how you can now buy expensive liquids in very small bottles at the airport stores now.

• Banned User

wo hooooo i am thrilled. I want to take my luggage on board so I do not have to wait for it, this is great news!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Just don't buy water from vending machines at the airport because most of the bottles now-a-days are the size of your hand palm and they cost around a dollar or more.

I saw this. Great letter from the editor in the paper today- that TSA saw no danger in small bottles, so let's not inconvenience people any more than necessary.

The rebuttal was that TSA was caving to people having short memory and big whine buttons.

Personally, I think it's great that they'll allow small bottles of regular stuff and anything you buy at the airport inside the security checkpoint is ok. The second part I think should always have been allowed, but that's my opinion. The shops deal with regular companies, and the danger is pretty low.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I saw this. Great letter from the editor in the paper today- that TSA saw no danger in small bottles, so let's not inconvenience people any more than necessary.

The rebuttal was that TSA was caving to people having short memory and big whine buttons.

Personally, I think it's great that they'll allow small bottles of regular stuff and anything you buy at the airport inside the security checkpoint is ok. The second part I think should always have been allowed, but that's my opinion. The shops deal with regular companies, and the danger is pretty low.
    Yes, but it doesn't matter if the shops deal with regular companies because people have been known to take products from several regular countries, mix them up, and create weapons out of them. Heck supposedly, people can make bombs out of household cleaning products, etc. Because if certain chemicals or formulas mix together, from the everyday things we use, their negative reactions can be dangerous in some scenarios. It's quite amazing what formulas the human mind can think up when it comes to everyday objects we view as innocent.

But I am cool with them relaxing on the liquids and gels now .