Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

House of Blues, anyone eat in the resturant?

I have not heard of anyone who eats at the house of blues, what can you tell me about it, and if you like it. I see the menu looks great, but is it real expensive? theres no prices on there site. also where in downtown disney is this place ,do you have to go to one of the shows to eat here?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: House of Blues, anyone eat in the resturant?

The Calamari is to die for!!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Calamari is good, so is the cornbread. A very cute bartender was recently hired there so that's always a bonus. But the chef is better at the HOB Sunset Strip in Hollywood.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Why do you keep talking?

"Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Neep meep beep

I ate there and loved it, although the food is hit and miss. I've also done the Sunday brunch buffets a few times, and it's below the selection and standards of most brunches. You don't have to see any entertainment or concerts to eat there - it's a regular restaurant and regular bar. The cornbread is great, and the chicken (voodoo chicken) is awesome.

went there for a special event last week... bbq chicken was great... and loved the ceasar salad... didnt have to pay for it though so i dont know prices....

i did eat at the HOB in vegas, WOW that blackend chicken was really good

hope that helps
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Not a fan of theme restaurants and ersatz jazz clubs, but at WDW it's located on Downtown Disney's West Side along with Planet Hollywood, Wolfgang Puck's, Bongo's, AMC Theatres, DisneyQuest, and Cirqure DuSoliel.

I went once and tried the recommended Jambalaya. I was disappointed, especially for the cost. I've not been back since.

• Banned User

My friend keeps urging that we have to go. We're only 18 though I doubt we're old enough. Anyway, don't know the prices but am interested.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Vic and I went to the "Gospel Brunch" at the HOB at Universal Studios. It was heavy and greasy. She got sick. I just got bloated. The food was forgettable.

We've never bothered to consider the HOB at Downtown Disney since the food at Catal and Uva is so good!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I, for one, detest chains and am still surprised at my love for Disney and Starbuck's. But I've done the Planet Hollywood's, the Hard Rock Cafe's and the HOB's. Sometimes by choice to see what the deal is about; sometimes because everyone else wanted to.

Because of the large population wanting to go to these places, they tend to have food that is terrifically bland to serve the masses. HOB has a more unique menu--but you'll find the usuals, just-in-case. The food truly is hit-or-miss, but different enough that I tend to recommend it before PH or HRC.

The entertainment and artwork of the place are very cool--and a step above the usual. Folk art is staple here, and it does give the restaurants a great feel. I've done the famed Sunday Brunch. Again, unique, but nothing terrific. The show itself was fanatastic. And you could actually sit in the balcony and still watch, unlike a regular concert. Bravo for that.

My refrain from my other reviews? Go. Even if you are minutely curious. There's really only one way to find out. Then post your review.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• keep moving forward...

we went for murder mystery theater, the food i had was ok...my mom could have made it easily...but the key lime pie and icecream was great and it was a great show!!!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Meh. The food isnt that great and its a bit pricey. I dont go there unless theres a show I want to see, and I wouldnt eat there again.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    My friend keeps urging that we have to go. We're only 18 though I doubt we're old enough. Anyway, don't know the prices but am interested.
    There are no age restrictions to eat in the restaurant. And all of the HOB venues offer "all ages" shows from time to time.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    Vic and I went to the "Gospel Brunch" at the HOB at Universal Studios. It was heavy and greasy. She got sick. I just got bloated. The food was forgettable.
    There is no HOB located at USH, the closest one is in nearby West Hollywood. Perhaps you're thinking of the forgettable B.B. King's Blues Club at Universal CityWalk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast