• șoș Tom șoș

Why can't we discuss "News"

Hey I was out and about when the secret decoder rings were handed out for the news round up group and I am very excited to see these articles posted so we have some concrete items to read...but how about the ability to discuss them?

I'll be honest, when this function first appeared I would read through the articles but my interst in spending time in that forum is waining as I can't interact with it.

I am not green with envy that I am not of the beloved round-up status, I don't need to be the one to generate the threads but I would enjoy discussing them.

• My Children's Father

Thumbs up

Well said, AS! This is a "discussion board", is it not?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Please air your concerns to Dusty about this- we are still trying to figure out our place in the forums. Our main concern now is to provide as much news as possible. We are striving to be unbiased which is why the forum is now free of commentary. We try to start discussion threads in the appropriate forums, or link back to existing discussions, but we can't do everything. If you find something you want to talk about, please, start your own discussion! Link back to the article and discuss away!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Please air your concerns to Dusty about this- we are still trying to figure out our place in the forums.
    I also forwarded this thread to the News Club and Admins to consider. It always takes a bit of feedback and planning to work the kinks out of any board changes, and the MC staff has been really busy with the 50th stuff lately, so response has just been a bit slower. Thanks for posting this Shucks.

So long as we're only talking about Disney related news, I think its fine. Discussions about world politics and non-Disney related topics belong on other sites. LP's World Events threads make me sick and I don't want to read them on a Disney fan site.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickhyperion
    So long as we're only talking about Disney related news, I think its fine. Discussions about world politics and non-Disney related topics belong on other sites.
    Definitely. We pretty well stay clear of political discussions on this site, although one does happen not very often in the lounge.

• șoș Tom șoș

My thought is that MiceAge is the clear definitive site for news and events. Its not discussable and the look and format is friendly. MiceChat is a forum so providing us with news and then asking us to link is simply creating another hoop for us to jump through. I respect the current wishes of the admins and the mods I am simply providing feedback.

Dusty and I discussed some other ideas already in a brief exchange and he made it clear that it was still an evolving idea, I just simple am creating a thread for people air there thoughts and reactions to this new idea.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    My thought is that MiceAge is the clear definitive site for news and events. Its not discussable and the look and format is friendly. MiceChat is a forum so providing us with news and then asking us to link is simply creating another hoop for us to jump through. I respect the current wishes of the admins and the mods I am simply providing feedback.

Dusty and I discussed some other ideas already in a brief exchange and he made it clear that it was still an evolving idea, I just simple am creating a thread for people air there thoughts and reactions to this new idea.
    I was a little waylayed by this myself... I like to discuss the news, but I am trying to figgure out what is considered news worthy... Business comentary is not, and neither are the minor aspects of the Disney Company... (Like the debuit of Twin Sisters in Seattle...)

I feel better now that they separated news and business...

But you are right, the news doesn't really promote discussion... I don't know how you fix that...
    Check out my other blog:

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    News is news and is posted in the news forum. If the topic relates to other areas such as business or another topic area, it goes there. The only one locked is news. Just wait until the bugs are worked out, this kinda happened overnight.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I was a little waylayed by this myself... I like to discuss the news, but I am trying to figgure out what is considered news worthy... Business comentary is not, and neither are the minor aspects of the Disney Company... (Like the debuit of Twin Sisters in Seattle...)

I feel better now that they separated news and business...

But you are right, the news doesn't really promote discussion... I don't know how you fix that...
    I think news is discussable. I do like that we have broken down news from business and all other in another forum. My point has been that news is worthy of discussion. Posistive or negative reaction to a Disney related news story should remain attached to the article in theory so that all MiceChatters are on the same page. Posting a subject and having the masses locate where the discussion will end up is just another step.

I like the idea that news is considered a more concrete source and I think perhaps the more appropriate spot for this type of material would be on MiceAge with a link to a discussion thread, much like the Round Up or Al or Kevin's columns.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Feel free to discuss all you want in the appropriate forums. If you find a news topic that you want to discuss, start a tread about it.

Since we plan to link to the News from external sites, I wanted to keep the news forum free of discussion.

Another reason to keep discussion out of the "News" forum is because we want all discussions to occur in the forums that match the topic. In some cases we will link to a discussion from a news posting.

Thank you all for your help while we continue to grow and expand the site.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,