• keep moving forward...

can we think about this for a minuite

i figured with a lot of us mice chatters who do not have the pleasure of going to the may fith ceramonies and that really bumbs us all out... but can we just think for a second how many thousands of kids have never been to any disney park... its scary when you think about it but there are so many people in this world who have never grown up knowing the joy of disney world... i think when we complain that we have to skip going to disneyworld twice every year we should really be thankful that we have been there more then just once.

think about that

• Minion

I thought....and I still hope that i can go to Disneyland in the next 18 months.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Yeah sorry- does nothing for me. I figure most of those people don't share my passionate love. Disneyland has been a huge part of my life since I was born and was a huge part of my parents life. I feel like I am missing a piece of my soul, being away from DL so long. I almost miss it more than I miss my own parents (probably equally, yikes, am I a bad person??). I have always called DL my home and care for it so so deeply.

Now if any of said children feel the same way I do- then YES!!! I feel for them!

I can remember as a kid not being able to imagine what it would have been like to not go to DL. I even remember the exact moment that I realized not all kids have been there. I was 6.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Smells like beer

If kids want to go to DL really badly, they need to get a job and learn how to drive like I did.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Minion

i'm kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer
    If kids want to go to DL really badly, they need to get a job and learn how to drive like I did.
    Damn straight.

• keep moving forward...

i was kind of thinking like those people who live far away and dont have enough money to buy a house or food.

• Newbie.

If you feel that strongly, don't just sit around complaining, do something about it. Donate money to a worthy cause, go to a local charity and donate time, etc. Disney contributes more money and gives more free trips through organizations like "Make A Wish" Foundation that most other organizations on the planet.

I'm going to go thru my old clothes and donate as much as I can to Goodwill. It's not much, but it sure beats sitting around doing nothing.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• keep moving forward...

good ideas

• Minion

Well I live far away and my family rents a house in a so called "bad" neighborhood, so my family and I work for our hard earned trips. :]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by girl anachronism
    Well I live far away and my family rents a house in a so called "bad" neighborhood, so my family and I work for our hard earned trips. :]
    DETROIT??!! FLINT??!!! If they are anything like South Central L.A., I feel for ya'.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!