Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Free Dog Chapman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    I do to a certain extent, but not because the case in question involves Duane Chapman.

The extradition rights between Mexico and the US are FUBAR. There are tons of murderers (of police officers I might add: http://www.deputydavidmarch.com/), who hide in the open in Mexico. Even though we and Mexico both know where these criminals are, Mexico refuses to extratite them because they dont' agree with our laws. I find that to be outrageous.

The fact that the US is so quickly complying with the wishes of Mexico to extridite a small time criminal to Mexico is equally outrageous to me. If Mexico can't respect our laws and send cop killers back here to stand trial, why should we send our citizens back there?

No, I dont' want my congresspeople to spend a huge amount of time on this. BUT I do very much want them to speak out against the inequity of extradition rights vis a vie Mexico. If that means they spend 10 minutes penning a letter to the Secretary of State expressing their opinion on this, so be it.
    Very well said!

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    I do to a certain extent, but not because the case in question involves Duane Chapman.

The extradition rights between Mexico and the US are FUBAR. There are tons of murderers (of police officers I might add: http://www.deputydavidmarch.com/), who hide in the open in Mexico. Even though we and Mexico both know where these criminals are, Mexico refuses to extradite them because they dont' agree with our laws. I find that to be outrageous.

The fact that the US is so quickly complying with the wishes of Mexico to extradite a small time criminal to Mexico is equally outrageous to me. If Mexico can't respect our laws and send cop killers back here to stand trial, why should we send our citizens back there?

No, I dont' want my congresspeople to spend a huge amount of time on this. BUT I do very much want them to speak out against the inequity of extradition rights vis a vie Mexico. If that means they spend 10 minutes penning a letter to the Secretary of State expressing their opinion on this, so be it.

Hyp,

Well put, and I am with you that their system is F-ed up. Working on the meth-head bounty hunter's case will not change the messed up system. I wish we could fly our US Marshals to Mexico and get all the monsters hiding out there. We can't they're lame, etc. This think pretty much spells more publicity for Dog and more money in his pockets. You can just smell the book, movie, and Lifetime mini-series being produced now...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I really don't see how Congresspeople sending a letter to Condy is going to cause us to lose the war in Iraq, head for the bomb shelters because of North Korea, cause the homeless one more night on the streets or stop the cure for the common cold.

I think it is precisely because Duane Chapman is who he is, that the Mexican corrupt government and judicial system is making this big grandstand play. Do you think they'd care if it were just your average bail bondsman?

And he did this to take a rapist of the streets who fled in the middle of his trial.

Get a grip, people. Again, Condoleeza, take just five seconds away from your obviously successful effort to make the world safe for democracy, and do the right thing here.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Get a grip, people. Again, Condoleeza, take just five seconds away from your obviously successful effort to make the world safe for democracy, and do the right thing here.

--Barry

I'm pretty sure I've got a grip, thanks. I think this is just another trivial, petty thing that our lawmakers and politicians are wasting their time on.

Please, Condy, do the right thing and not wear knee high boots again!

• Mexihick, y'all

Duplicate

• That Guy

My grip is well intact also, thanks. You should see my Kung Fu grip!! Yikes.

For me, it is the principal of the whole thing. What kind of moronic elected official has the time to champion for this beyond lame issue? Reality check, we are not talking about a Navy Seal team, or some cub scouts, we are talking about a bounty hunter that more than likely could not pass a drug test to save his life.

If you like that your elected officials are working on issues like this, I don't know what to tell you, but good luck, I guess..

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Reality check, we are not talking about a Navy Seal team, or some cub scouts, we are talking about a bounty hunter that more than likely could not pass a drug test to save his life.

If you like that your elected officials are working on issues like this, I don't know what to tell you, but good luck, I guess..
    Max...I have a great deal of respect for you, as a MiceChatter, on many levels, but clearly we're on opposite ends of this one. And the cheap shot on drugs is beneath you. Perhaps I'm really naive, but I choose to be believe Dog in what he's said over the years about his own experiences with drugs, and what he tells people about them now.

Again as I see it this is nothing more than a huge power play by a corrupt Mexican government that is looking for a payoff, and wouldn't give a rat's behind if the bounty hunter involved was not named Duane Chapman.

--Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 10-16-2006 at 12:45 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Married and happy again!!

Max...I have a great deal of respect for you, as a MiceChatter, on many levels, but clearly we're on opposite ends of this one. And the cheap shot on drugs is beneath you. Perhaps I'm really naive, but I choose to be believe Dog in what he's said over the years about his own experiences with drugs, and what he tells people about them now.

Again as I see it this is nothing more than a huge power play by a corrupt Mexican government that is looking for a payoff, and wouldn't give a rat's behind if the bounty hunter involved was not named Duane Chapman.

--Barry
    Well said Barry. Dog is a good man as is his brother and son. Duane is a very positive infuance in the fight on crime. He has more than made up for his addmited mistakes of the past.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234