Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scorpion in the bed

Did you know that getting stung in your knee by a scorpion can be painful? I found that out last night when I crawled into bed and was stung on the inside of my left knee when I rolled over! It freaking hurt and caused my knee to go numb. Fortunetly it was small, only an inch to inch and a half.

Just wanted to rant and post my pain as I work up the courage to go to bed tonight.........

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Re: Scorpion in the bed

AUGH!!! Shake out the sheets!!!

That's flippin' scary. My parents' house had a brown recluse scare a while back, and that was pretty nerve-wracking. But scorpions are more...tangible than spiders. And pointier.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Senior Minion

I can remember camping in Sonny Meadows near Yosemite and waking up the next morning to scorpions all over the camp. Luckily we had good ground cover underneath our tents and camp area.
    Hope your knee heals up quickly.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

That is SCARY!!! And CREEPY!!! EEEEEEEEK! Glad you are ok though but jeeze, how scary is that?!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

WTF! OMG that would be it for me. Funny thing....just last nite we had a centipede scare...this crawled out from under the couch I was sitting on in the tv room. Uh...how does THIS get into a home?

• Practically Perfect

oh my gosh! This is one of my biggest fears! Well, not necessarily of a scorpion in the bed, but just anything in the bed that should not be there! That's really scary, but I'm glad you're okay!

• Shablagoo!

A friend of mine used to live in Arizona. She told me how one night her mother came into her room to check on her while she slept. Her mother quietly woke her up and told her not to move. Apparently there was a large tarantula on her pillow next to her head. hmmm , Ya know I got to ask her how that turned out, I don't remember. I know it did not bite her, but I am not sure if they caught it and threw it out side or if they killed it. All I know is that story was enough to keep me from ever wanting to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    A friend of mine used to live in Arizona. She told me how one night her mother came into her room to check on her while she slept. Her mother quietly woke her up and told her not to move. Apparently there was a large tarantula on her pillow next to her head. hmmm , Ya know I got to ask her how that turned out, I don't remember. I know it did not bite her, but I am not sure if they caught it and threw it out side or if they killed it. All I know is that story was enough to keep me from ever wanting to live there.
    Then you don't want to live in Texas. I did for 2 years and all insects, bugs and spiders are about 100 times bigger than normal size...and they are everywhere.

• Practically Perfect

well, I hope everyone sleeps well tonight

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384 View Post
    well, I hope everyone sleeps well tonight
    Ha yeah...tell me about it!

You know..do tarantulas even bite? I mean I know they have fangs and such but I've seen people hold them and they just crawl around. I'm sure if they do bite they only do when they are threatened. I wonder what a tarantula bite is like...ugh.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

OMG. Scorpions in your bed?!?! That would freak me out. Heck, ants in my kitchen freak me out. A scorpion would send me over the edge.

Glad you're okay!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Why do you keep talking?

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Then you don't want to live in Texas. I did for 2 years and all insects, bugs and spiders are about 100 times bigger than normal size...and they are everywhere.
    yup, I just threw up in my mouth reading that... Glad your not dead HUH? I had two friends bitten by brown recluses last year and the swelling (and draining of fluids ) was pretty bad, but they're both luckily fine.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Nope not interested in living there either or New Mexico. Basically I have no intention of living south of Washington.

• Infinitized!

The other night I had a marmot scare. Someone threw him in the tub while I was bathing...

• Banned User

Now I am so glad I live in Montana I can not tell you! everything dies !! if I ever was not happy you all convinced me, this state is awsome. none of the bugs you have, and thank you god!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast