Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Man O Lantern

What Makes You Feel OLD??

Today at Starbucks, when the high school let out for the day, a group came in and sat next to us. A boy who was maybe fifteen was wearing an orange shirt that read, "Drink apple juice. OJ kills." It had a picture of a white Bronco. I thought it was humorous in a twisted sorta way and it occurred to me....when OJ Simpson was in the news....when that white Bronco was being chased....this kid was maybe four or five years old!! UGH!!!

So I'm pondering this...feeling ancient (the summer of OJ, I was getting ready for my wedding!)....and some more kids come in. One guy notices the shirt and says, "Cool shirt" and walks on. He then turns to his friends and starts talking about the summer of OJ. He said how he remembered that his mom wouldn't let him watch cartoons because there were always updates between commercials on the OJ case and she didn't want him exposed. Then the other kids were talking about how someone at their preschool used to talk about "bloody gloves" from hearing stuff on TV. PRESCHOOL!!

I left feeling old....really old and out of touch for the first time! Especially, as I was sitting with my own four year old preschooler....and then I wondered what she could be talking about in ten or eleven years with her friends....and then I just felt decrepit and awful!!!

So tell me....have you ever felt OLD? What made you feel that way???

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    There was a thread here today about a ska band. I don't even know what ska is. >>Totally, and suddenly old. WTF - I still look young, I just feel old when people start talking about what is popular today. (goes back to his musical theatre threads).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries
    Old? I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.... ok so I was like 5 then.. but thats OLD!! LOL!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Okay now both of you stop. Because you are BOTH Way way hot!!!

Claire, now I feel old because you are YOUNGER than me!!!!
    Other things that make me feel old..........
    Songs from high school being called "classic"
    Hearing Kyler say his teacher was really really really old and she's not much older than me
    Cartoons I used to like, being called classics
    and today it was passing a group of 8th grades and think
    "they are WAY too young to be dressed like that"

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    and today it was passing a group of 8th grades and think
    "they are WAY too young to be dressed like that"
    Yes!! I've been subbing in mostly junior highs....and they look at me like I'm 80, and I look at them and see little girls in skazzy clothes and heavy makeup. Ugh!!

I know the first time my oldest daughter makes me feel ancient.....that will be it. Dig my grave. :o So far, she makes me feel pretty cool and I don't embarrass her yet (unless I try! :devil: )

• Banned User

Watching VH1's "I Love The 90s." I realized that while I was watching stuff from my "glory days" of high school, there were undoubtedly thousands (okay, hundreds... it is VH1) who were watching it as "Look what it was like way back then! Whoa... weird."

Seeing the world of your (previously not-so-distant feeling) youth is as ancient-feelings inducing as it can get.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    This thread is evil. Think of my happy thought, think of my happy . . . .
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    This thread is evil. Think of my happy thought, think of my happy . . . .
    You know what? 99% of the people who are younger than you don't look nearly as good as you do, baby!! That's a happy thought!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Like ten years ago, I started to feel old. I saw a kid who looked about as old as my baby brother, who was in his very early teens, driving a van. Said to myself, "He is WAY too young to be driving that van". Then it hit me that he was probably old enough and my perception of what a sixteen year old looked like was totally skewed.

The other one that gets me is every christmas, my friend I have known since elementary school sends me a picture of her daughter. Her daughter is now the age we were when we met...over twenty years ago. THAT makes me feel really old.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Her daughter is now the age we were when we met...over twenty years ago. THAT makes me feel really old.
    Ugh! My friend Laura just said the same thing to me not long ago!

My Cassidy is almost seven (April) and I met Laura a few months before our seventh birthdays....and she pointed out that my oldest daughter was the same age as her older sister was when we met. And I could put myself in my seven year old head and I remember how OLD her older sister seemed to us at the time!! And she was only TEN!!!

It seems weird that Laura has been my friend for 25 years. That's forever, practically!!

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Man, I've been feeling so old these days and I'm "only" 36. What makes me feel old is that my best friend is the same age as me and has 4 kids. One of them is 14!!! 14!!! He's in HIGH SCHOOL. Then seeing him and saying, Wow I remember when you were a little baby. Gee! Now I sound like the old people who used to tell me that.

To make matters worse....

So he says to me "Don't you ever want to get married? Cuz you're kinda old and when you get old you can't have kids right???" He didn't mean it to be mean but man!!! When a 14 year old thinks you're old then you must be old.

Someone tell me when that happened?! I should have gotten a warning notice or something....(going off to mutter to myself)

You gotta remember that to a 14 year old, anything over 25 years old is ancient!

We all know that you're only as old as you feel. We've found the fountain of youth, kiddos. Disney keeps us young!

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    You gotta remember that to a 14 year old, anything over 25 years old is ancient!

We all know that you're only as old as you feel. We've found the fountain of youth, kiddos. Disney keeps us young!
    I know! Now here's another thing that makes me feel old. I remember thinking that anyone over the age of 25 was old when I was 14.

Yea, Disney is for those young at heart. That and a sacrificial lamb or two to help keep up the youthful appearance! :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by mistyisjafo
    Yea, Disney is for those young at heart. That and a sacrificial lamb or two to help keep up the youthful appearance! :devil:
    Shhh!! You're giving away all my beauty sercrets!

• Gay Man

What makes me feel old? This sentence: "I always forget how much older you are than me".

I mean, it's good that I don't look my age, but should I just stop talking about voting for Regan the first time? (I'd rather forget that anyways.) Or, all of my punk rock, films before VHS, vinyl stories......do I just pretend that Cindy Lauper was a pre-school fantasy as opposed to as post-punk nightmare? I just can't do that. Besides, I'm so glad to be my age and know what I know now that, though I may feel old, I feel even wiser.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast