• Shablagoo!

Disneyauctions.com ARGGHH!

So 2 weeks ago I bidded on and won a limited edition pin from Disneyauctions.com. That night when my checkout email came in I paid for it on the spot. 2 days later I get the following email.

Dear Disney Guest

Thank you for your recent Disney order.

We are sorry to inform you that the following
    merchandise was not available at the time your order
    was filled. If the merchandise was shipping to an
    international address or to a PO Box, this item may have
    been restricted and cannot be shipped to that address.
    Your credit card has not been billed for these items. We
    apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may
    cause.

Now I did not ask it to be shipped to a PO Box or international address, so I knew that was not the problem.
    So I immediately wrote an email back to get more details. A few days pass and I had not received a response so I called them. The CM I got told me that it was a clerical error due to disneyauctions and disneyshopping merging their systems. The CM told me to call back in a few days and they would be able to check me out manually. So I waited a few more days and called back. The CM I got told me the same story. At least they had their stories straight. The Cm asked me to call back in a day or 2 and they could check me out manually. Then I got the following email.

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We apologize for the difficulty you have encountered. Upon checking our
    inventory we have found that we are unable to issue the affected item
    from DisneyAuctions.com Order #------------. We want to assure you are not being singled out and that no one else received this item.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your
    patronage and hope that you will visit DisneyAuctions.com in the future

So the next day I called back and explained my frustration. I told them I was disappointed and could not understand what the problem was. They had 100 pins, I was a winner of one of them. The CM asked if I would like to talk to her supervisor and I said sure. I explained myself again and asked why couldnít they just update the system with the new item number and check me out. Certainly there must be someone at the warehouse that could look at the box or someone who could assign it a number. The supervisor told me that he was sorry, but it was not that simple. He could not give me a time frame for resolution or even guarantee there would be one. So I decided to wait and try again another day. Then on the 3rd I got this email.

Dear DisneyAuctions.com Guest,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. We would like to
    inform you that we have not charged your card for the item, since the
    item never shipped out. In addition Management has agreed that if they
    are able to find the inventory for the pins, they would release the item
    in a future Auction.

If you should have any further questions, please feel free to contact
    us.

At least they now admit they lost the pins from the auction. I am grateful they did not charge my card, however what irritates me is their resolution to the problem. Iím sorry but if the pins are found they should not be put up for auction. They should contact the winners from the first auction and offer the pins to them for the price we agreed upon in the auction at the very least. Any pins that are not wanted anymore or whose winners who cannot be contacted can be put up for auction. To me the whole thing stinks of "we didnít make enough money so maybe if we reauction them we can make more." In my opinion it would be nice if they also gave us free shipping. I'm not giving up yet however. I plan on calling back soon to chat with them more on the subject. Hopefully they will actually listen.

Has anyone else had this problem with disneyauctions? Anyone else here won something that disneyauctions wonít sell them? Anyone got any advice?

BTW thanks for letting me vent. I needed it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyauctions.com ARGGHH!

Yeah, I had issues 3 times w/them, 2 of which where i won an auction then "Sorry we don't actually havwe that item." WTF? Why put t up for auxction then? I had to mad scramble to think of other gifts. It still pisses me off a little. I wouldn't reccomend them at all.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I haven't used disneyauctions since they ended the partnership with ebay. Sounds like they're having some trouble.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Senior Minion

They have had a lot of problems since they switched. I had the same issue with a Tron Big Fig after they first switched.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    ...however what irritates me is their resolution to the problem. Iím sorry but if the pins are found they should not be put up for auction. They should contact the winners from the first auction and offer the pins to them for the price we agreed upon in the auction at the very least. Any pins that are not wanted anymore or whose winners who cannot be contacted can be put up for auction...
    your resolution seems perfectly logical to me. i find that sometimes corporate mumbo-jumbo makes no sense and is impossible to change. Im sorry it ended up this way.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Shablagoo!

Good newsx. They finally found the pins and sold the pin I won to me. Hooray!. Thye are giving me free shipping for the inconvenience as well. I'll still be gunshy about doing business with them again, but I'm on ok terms with them at the moment.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Im sorry to hear about what originally happened, but Im happy that you ended up getting your pin!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Im sorry to hear about what originally happened, but Im happy that you ended up getting your pin!
    Thanks. Hopefully it will arrive in time for me to bring it to DL and show it off. Its really cool!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've heard nothing but bad things about them.