Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The two women of my life

Talking Need Help with Romantic plans

Howdy folks.

Well I final got the chance to sit down woth my girlfriends father and ask his permission to marry his daughter. I know that's corny and old fashion but thats me.

I went and picked out her ring and will pick it up on wednsday

Now I need help on how to propose to her. I am a romantic at heart and would like to do something speical. I have thought about doing a scavenger hunt and at the end of all the clues I would be waiting to ask her.

What do you think? Any ideas? Suggestions?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

• Minion

Re: Need Help with Romantic plans

No offence but a scavenger hunt seems a tad bit corny. Why don't you take her out to dinner, and have whoever serves you your food to put the ring in the wine, or on her plate (don't let her eat it) lol

A scavenger hunt sounds fun if it's a romantic one. Do what suits you and your soon to be fiancee's personalities. Have you talked about her dream scenario? Does she want to be alone with you or around people or around nature? When I got engaged the one thing I wanted was to be around nature and not around a bunch of strangers, but tha'ts just me.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyman1973 View Post
    Well I final got the chance to sit down woth my girlfriends father and ask his permission to marry his daughter. I know that's corny and old fashion but thats me.
    First, WOW! Corny? Uh..no! I would love for a man to do this for me. There aren't many like you out there...can I clone you?

Now I need help on how to propose to her. I am a romantic at heart and would like to do something speical. I have thought about doing a scavenger hunt and at the end of all the clues I would be waiting to ask her.

I think a scavenger hunt would be cute! If that is what her personality would like. Make it romantic.
    I remember my best friend telling me of what happened to her back in college. She had a guy drop rose petals that lead to a clue, then at the clue there was a rose and the clue to the next rose...with more rose petals. At the end of was a great dinner with candles and everything. It was cute.

Good luck!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    First, WOW! Corny? Uh..no! I would love for a man to do this for me. There aren't many like you out there...can I clone you?

I think a scavenger hunt would be cute! If that is what her personality would like. Make it romantic.
    I remember my best friend telling me of what happened to her back in college. She had a guy drop rose petals that lead to a clue, then at the clue there was a rose and the clue to the next rose...with more rose petals. At the end of was a great dinner with candles and everything. It was cute.

Good luck!
    Oh that sounds awesome. The reason i thought it sounded corny above, was I wasn't thinking of one like this. I was imagining a scribbled sheet with clues...i'm wierd like that.
    I actually like claribellas plan a lot!

• That Guy

As a guy, I can appreciate you wanting to make this a special time, but one thing we often overlook, is that this is her day/experience. I know a guy who took his GF to a Diamondbacks game and had the proposal put on the jumbotron. She didn't like sports, was embarrassed to be put on the spot and said no.

So, the moral of the story is do something she will like, and enjoy. It doesn't have to be some crazy, convoluted event. There is A LOT that can go wrong with a scavenger hunt. Keep it simple, it's about your love, not about having a good story to tell.

Good luck.

wow!! That is soooooo sweet! Maybe the locations of the clues for the scavenger hunt could be the places where important things have happened in your relationship?

• decorating

Howdy folks.

Where was your first date? Or a particular place special to the both of you?
    Be sure to bring a camera, and have someone take pics of the new happy couple!

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    wow!! That is soooooo sweet! Maybe the locations of the clues for the scavenger hunt could be the places where important things have happened in your relationship?
    That is what the plan is. I am going to have the first clue be delivered by her neighbor that is real good friends with. I am also going to involve her sister and best friend. The last area she will be sent to is a romantic spot at the park where our first date was,
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    As a guy, I can appreciate you wanting to make this a special time, but one thing we often overlook, is that this is her day/experience. I know a guy who took his GF to a Diamondbacks game and had the proposal put on the jumbotron. She didn't like sports, was embarrassed to be put on the spot and said no.

So, the moral of the story is do something she will like, and enjoy. It doesn't have to be some crazy, convoluted event. There is A LOT that can go wrong with a scavenger hunt. Keep it simple, it's about your love, not about having a good story to tell.

Good luck.
    As a girl, I can only say:

What he said.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I think it is going to differ between every relationship. My girlfriend and I kind of have this agreement that we'll get hitched next time we are in Las Vegas, so we don't need to do the whole engagement thing.

However, I'm an old softy at heart and I do like a nice romantic story. The best advice I could give has already been given: do something that would show HER a good time - that you know she will love - and it makes it all the sweeter.

For the record: I think a scavenger hunt is wonderfully corny, and if I did swing that way (and wasn't taken), I'd marry you. There are a LOT of 'ifs' in there though...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• My laughing place

Well congrats !! and please post some pics!!
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• Was it magical for you?

I would love for a man to propose to me at disneyland in front of people( Brian are you listening,) but not by snow whites wishing well cause one of my good friends husbands did that and I wouldn't want to steal his idea.Were both cast members, so just doing it at disneyland,where we met, would be so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

• love my friends

That is what the plan is. I am going to have the first clue be delivered by her neighbor that is real good friends with. I am also going to involve her sister and best friend. The last area she will be sent to is a romantic spot at the park where our first date was,

that sounds soooooooo romantic.. awwwwwwwwwwwwww

Friends for life

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Cruise Gal View Post
    I would love for a man to propose to me at disneyland in front of people( Brian are you listening,) but not by snow whites wishing well cause one of my good friends husbands did that and I wouldn't want to steal his idea.Were both cast members, so just doing it at disneyland,where we met, would be so awesome.
    I love to do it at Disneyland but as we live in Minnesota that's not an option. I did ask her if she had any fantasies to how she would like to be asked and she said anything but in a restaurant. I hinted at the hunt and she seemed to like that idea. I pick up the ring on Wednesday and will do it within the week. I will post on here how it went.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast