Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

How do YOU want to die?

Let's face it, our clocks are ticking. It's only a matter of time before our time is up, so things brings me to my question. How do you want to die? Do you want it to be some extravagent action packed super hero death? Or would you prefer to just drift away?

Personally, I would like to bungy jump from a helipcopter. Only, there is a problem with the cord and it lauches me up past the helicopter, and spinning blades slice the cord in two sending me plummeting to my death. That would be awesome!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: How do YOU want to die?

I want to die when I am old enough to have at least great-grandkids and I want to die peacefully in my sleep.

Think that'll happen?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Delawarean Girl

I would like to die in my sleep.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I want to die posting in the Debate Lounge on Mice Chat.

• Smells like beer

The only way to kill me is with the ancient bone spur of the chupacabra.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quickly and Quietly!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Delawarean Girl

*I would normally joke about this while I was at work and talking about going to Disney World* Please don't take me serious here.I don't mean this one.

I would say. I hope airplane that is taking me to Disney World will take me there safely. But coming back to Delaware after Disney World. That airplane can just kill me.

• Minion

Tui, I found your thread intriguing since I have quite a few friends who are facing death right now and I've talked to or seen all of them within this past week.

For me: I would love to have a massive coronary infarction in bed while asleep and never know what hit me.

For my friends: They would have wished for a painless and quick death also but are facing the realities of life for the way they are going to make their own Grand Exit:

One was castrated two weeks ago to reduce his body's production of Testosterone in an effort to stop the bone cancer from spreading any further. When I saw him last week I asked how he was doing and he said, "I now have a reserved seat in "The Waiting Room For Death."

I replied, "Aren't we all from the time we are born?"

Another has Lymphoma and is fighting a brave battle but it doesn't look good.

A friend of 40 years was found to have both Lung AND Colon cancer. He is taking no treatment (due to his age) and holding his own since May.

Del is on dialysis three times a week and enjoys life so much that he isn't ready to give up.

And my best friend's mother is wasting away with the last stages of congestive heart failure, is in and out of hospital every few weeks due to water retention, weighs about 75 pounds and he said it is painful to look at her these past few weeks. He said, "Picture an Egyptian Mummy and that's the state she's been reduced to.

In most cases the "Golden Years" aren't anywhere near that color.
    Last edited by desertdweller; 10-14-2006 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Addition/Correction and an embarassing spelling error!

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
    Tui, I found your thread intriguing since I have quite a few friends who are facing death right now and I've talked to or seen all of them within this past week.

For me: I would love to have a massive coronary infarction in bed while asleep and never no what hit me.

For my friends: They would have wished for a painless and quick death also but are facing the realities of life for the way they are gong to make their own Grand Exit:

One was castrated two weeks ago to reduce his body's production of Testosterone in an effort to stop the bone cancer from spreading any further.

Another has Lymphoma and is fighting a brave battle but it doesn't look good.

A friend of 40 years was found to have both Lung AND Colon cancer. He is taking no treatment (due to his age) and holding his own since May.

Del is on dialysis three times a week and enjoys life so much that he isn't ready to give up.

And my best friend's mother is wasting away with the last stages of congestive heart failure, is in and out of hospital every few weeks due to water retention, weighs about 75 pounds and he said it is painful to look at her these past few weeks. He said, "Picture an Egyptian Mummy and that's the state she's been reduced to.

In most cases the "Golden Years" aren't anywhere near that color.
    Wow, gives one alot to think about.

Me, I want it to be peaceful. Part of me wants it to be quick and not know its happening. The other part would like to know its coming so I can be able to spend my last moments with my family.

It's always me

However I go, I just hope it isn't painful and drawn out.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Well, death is not something most of us like to think about, and even though it is inevitable, everybody deals with it in a different way.

I just hope that when my number is up, I've achieved a great many things that I have set out to do. I've had a really good year this year - I lost a stack of weight, moved in with my girlfriend, had a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland, reconciled with an old friend and had one of my short screenplays made into a film that was shown on TV as part of a major contest - yet all of that has merely given me more of a lust for life, rather than me saying "Well, that's all achieved, I can die now".

However I go out, I just hope it is with a smile on my face and not terribly painful. Unless I'm into pain at that stage in my life, in which case I might be smiling either way.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

I live in LA so I'll probably die looking for parking. I'd like a meteor to hit my car.

Either that, or I'd like to die in my sleep, the same night when all of my other family members do, coincidentally. So no one has to grieve.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I would like to die while having sex. Massive heart attack right at the point of no return...
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    I would like to die while having sex. Massive heart attack right at the point of no return...
    Damn it, you took mine. Seriously, what better time to go?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Oddball

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....

Not screaming like the passengers in his car!"

Seriously, I like it to be quick and painless!
    Urge to groove building. Must... snap.... fingers....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast