• Minion

Disney Legend Joe Grant Dies At Age 97

This will probably get moved, but I wasn't quite sure where to put it -

Quote Originally Posted by SaveDisney.com
    RIP Joe Grant NEW
    SaveDisney has received word that Disney Legend Joe Grant passed away Friday May, 6 at age 97. Joe was a leading light of Walt Disney's animation story department during the Studio's Golden Age, fathering Dumbo and the earliest versions of Lady. A brilliant sketch artist and caricaturist, Joe brought both warmth and whimsy and that special touch of cartoon invention to his creations. Late in life he returned to mentor the younger generation of Aladdin and Pocahontas with his generous and effervescent creativity. From Mickey Mouse, Snow White and Pinocchio to The Lion King, Fantasia 2000 and Lorenzo, Joe was a guiding spirit of the Disney legacy. We will all miss him.

- A Talk with Disney Legend Joe Grant -- Bill Desowitz, AWN.com
    - Not Just Your Average Joe -- Mike Lyons, AWN.com

"Joe was one of those special people...a special artist, a mentor to all who knew him, and an inexhaustible supplier of ideas, gags, one-liners, whole plots, whatever he saw a need for...and he was an absolute bulldog at getting them done. We are all richer for having known and worked with him, and we'll miss him terribly." —Roy E. Disney
    He'll definitely be missed.

RIP, Mr. Grant.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Rainicorn.

Rest in peace, Joe. Hope you're hanging out with Walt.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Super saucy pixie!

I have a feeling when we all pass on we'll be in line at Disneyland Heaven, having just watched some amazing new Disney films from all the brilliant artists who have since passed on themselves.
    RIP, and thanks for all the magic!