Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

The Winds are Blowing...

Ah the Santa Ana's...what fun to wake up in the middle of the night the sound of your window being pelted and coming off its hinges.

Anyone been through the worst of the Santa Ana's? I'm in Rancho Cucamonga so we get these winds bad. I think the worst was when boxes and plastic swings were FLYING down the street!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: The Winds are Blowing...

I could have so much fun with the title of this thread. But I wont

Yup, got awakened at 1am by the winds making the hot water heater container rattling. Had to go outside and fix it so that it wouldnt. I now have a minor wind induced headache. One positive - its absolutely GOURGEOUS outside.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Yep, got up this morning and the wind was a blowin hard. Driving to work was fuuuuuuuuun.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Yep, got up this morning and the wind was a blowin hard. Driving to work was fuuuuuuuuun.

Driving in the winds are scary. I feel like my car is going to flip over and have to really try hard to control the car!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post

Driving in the winds are scary. I feel like my car is going to flip over and have to really try hard to control the car!
    Stay away from the big rigs on hwy 15 and the 60 in your area. If they aren't carrying a load in these winds, they go right over like a piece of cardboard.

I'm not sure how high they'll get, but I sure hope they used some fancy glue on all of those huge pumkins at the DLR. I can just imagine that giant mickey head rolling up Mainstreet!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Theres a couple sections of the 118 that are pretty bad. I hope it dies down by the time I go home.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

This might sound weird, but I used to love Santa Anas! As a kid I would flip my jacket up like a sail and have them blow me over. I just love windy days.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the damage that can sometimes come with them.

I remember one year, it would have been 1998 I believe, that I had to drive up the 15 through Mira Loma and the sides of the freeway were literally lined with big rigs tipped over. I have never seen anything like that. All of the over passes were closed. It was a real bitch because I had to drive into L.A. that day. I remember it well, my engine blew on the way home and black smoke was blowing everywhere!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

It is fairly windy at work today. The winds are calm at the moment, but I am sure they will get a little worse later on.

The worst is when the winds are blowing so hard that it is hard to breathe, much less walk.

As for beauty, my brother called me this morning and told me that the view as he was driving over Mulholland was breathtaking.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Gotta find a way to break that wind.....

Not being a Californian, I have a silly question. Do the winds help to clean up the smog from L.A., or do they just redistribute it? Seems like we see smog earlier now when we drive to DL than we used to (coming from AZ).
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro View Post

Not being a Californian, I have a silly question. Do the winds help to clean up the smog from L.A., or do they just redistribute it? Seems like we see smog earlier now when we drive to DL than we used to (coming from AZ).
    Honestly, Ive never noticed a difference. Maybe Ill actually pay attention today.

This is a good question. Considering how clear and nice it is today after a nite of intense winds....I would say it just clears it up? Maybe just disintegrates it? But it doesn't matter after the winds stop the smog will be back within hours.

I live in Anaheim, and when I woke up this morning at 5am, it was so calm, and cold. But when I left for lunch from work at 10am, it was BLOWIN' BIG TIME!!! Luckily, it doesn't seem to be a hot wind, but rather on the cool side, so that's nice.

I actually like it, cuz it'll blow all the smog out and show the stars more at night!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

The Santa Anas blow the smog waaaaaaaay out over the ocean as they come from the east/northeast. I don't know how many of you saw the satellite photos of the huge fires we had a couple years ago, but the satellite showed the smoke from those three huge fires blowing....maybe all the way out to Hawaii. Ok...maybe not that far, but maybe a good 150 miles or so out to sea.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I live in Anaheim, and when I woke up this morning at 5am, it was so calm, and cold. But when I left for lunch from work at 10am, it was BLOWIN' BIG TIME!!! Luckily, it doesn't seem to be a hot wind, but rather on the cool side, so that's nice.

I actually like it, cuz it'll blow all the smog out and show the stars more at night!
    You have stars in Anahiem??? Geeze when my daughter lived down there when I would go to visit I don't think I ever saw a single star in the sky!!! Helicopters yes.. stars no...

And I hate the wind.... it wasn't to bad here this morning but its picking up now. I think our wind should be calming down by early afternoon from what reports I heard though.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Wind headache in full force now

Lip moisture completely eliminated.

UGH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast