• Wonderful World

Thumbs up The Official NBA Thread for the 06-07 Season

With the season starting up in less than two weeks i'm really excited for basketball. And this is a thread where you talk about your faveorite team or things going on in the NBA. Let me start, Iv'e never been this excited for a sports season to start in my life. My team, the Phoenix Suns have a reasonably good chance to win it all. Its all on Amare Stoudemire to keep healthy. If he can they have a really good chance to win their first ChampionChip ever. They play such a unique style of bball and its so fun to watch them.
    And so the disscussion starts
    I'm back MiceChat

• Tui's Brother

Re: The Official NBA Thread for the 06-07 Season

We are getting closer to the NBA season. Only a week away. Can't wait.

• Tui's Brother

The Minnesota Timberwolves open the season with a win over the Sacarmento Kings tonight. And NBA season is off and going.

• Monorail Racer

It was too bad the Heat got creamed in game 1, but when you've got a ring, you don't worry about such things that much.

Great article from The Onion on how the NBA plans to honor Red Auerbach:

BOSTONóCommissioner David Stern announced at a press conference Monday that, in order to honor recently deceased basketball legend Red Auerbach, all NBA teams would play good, fundamental defense during the first weekend of play this November. "Though this will be a sacrifice for many players, I think this is something Red would have wanted," Stern said. "He always liked when players guarded the passing lanes, kept their hands up, and remained in front of their opponents even if it meant expending a little more energy in the process. Basically, he liked activity on the basketball court." Though the majority of NBA players seem to agree the tribute is fitting, many have said that because they haven't played defense in such a long time, they really hope they remember how.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.