• For old time sake

The downside of being an animal lover

I love animals. Cats moreso than dogs but i do love dogs. I see pictures of Dogs and cats that need homes and I want them all. I know I should just not look, but I can't help it. I know I can't have anymore "babies" but my heart breaks for them all. Especially the ones that are given up because "Owner moved out of town".....UGh...I'm glad i love animals but it's heartbreaking sometimes. (though i am sure my kitties are happy i can't have them all)
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: The downside of being an animal lover

I hear ya. When I was getting ready to move a couple years ago I made sure I only looked at apartments that allowed pets. I've raised my JT since he was a 6 week old kitten (he's 6 years old now) so I am VERY atatched and couldn't give him up for anything. He's not a pet... he's family.

• Minion

mee toooo
    this is the first time in my LIFE I haven't had an animal, and I'm missing them so badly. I want a puppy or kitty, heck, even a hamster!! ( we don't have hamsters in Australia) But I don't think it's a good idea to drag and animal across the country, then not be able to bring it back to Australia LOL LOL LOL.... i can look, but it's so hard not to take one!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Hooterville, USA

Animals tug at your heart and it's hard to walk away.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post
    I love animals. Cats moreso than dogs but i do love dogs. I see pictures of Dogs and cats that need homes and I want them all. I know I should just not look, but I can't help it. I know I can't have anymore "babies" but my heart breaks for them all. Especially the ones that are given up because "Owner moved out of town".....UGh...I'm glad i love animals but it's heartbreaking sometimes. (though i am sure my kitties are happy i can't have them all)
    I agree. The downside is even worse when you are working at shelters, and even more bad when the shelter is high kill because it is almost impossible to not get attached to the loving creatures.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I have to almost literally turn my heart to ice when I see any animal that needs adopting. I know I can't help or take them all and that kills me a little inside.

• Minion

I adopted a dog 7 years ago, and I can't imagine life without her right now. I see her every minute of the day I spend inside my house, and I never want it to not be like that. We spoil her, she has her won couch, and when I go to Animal Shelters (we adopted our cat from one) I also love to play with the dogs. But its so sad knowing that some if not most, will unfortunatly die beacause of overcrowding. If I had the room and the money, I would take every one home, they don't deserve to die beacause they need more room.
    It makes me so mad that after all the over population of dogs, that people still breed more and buy them, instead of adopting..

• And, THEN she said...

all of mine are my babies..the horses, the goat, the dogs n cats...I too have to really try not to take more..

and thats the way ive always looked for apts...if they dont allow pets, then they dont allow me either...not that i would want to live there anyway..

all of mine were either found dumped to fend for themselves or in the case of the horses n goat given to us by owners who knew they couldnt care for them properly any longer and knew that if they came to live with me and the bf they would be loved and spoiled rotten!

• I Hug My Tapirs

It's SO hard... and shelter animals are often some of the sweetest animals you could ever imagine. We got our lab there when she was about 16 months old. Her previous owners had given her up because she was "too rambunctious" to be around their family (they had a young child)... she is very active, but it didn't take much obedience training to get her in shape, and she's the most loving dog I can imagine. In the 11 years we've had her, she's snapped twice - once because my brother was taunting her, and the other because she was really stressed due to changes in the house and I think she was afraid. I honestly could not have asked for a better pet, and the next time I look at getting a dog, I'll be going right back to the shelter. So many wonderful animals that don't get the life they deserve...
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."